Overheard Funnies 2022

nikkic

34 minutes ago, jparx said:

Wasn’t necessarily that funny but it made me smile. A couple of first timers were joining the toilet queue, and it was where composite loos and long drops are next to each other, and one pointed at the long drops and said “they’re the better ones that don’t smell aren’t they?” And the other one nodded.  

Weirdly, on a couple of the days, that comment was right. The compost ones to the side of the Pyramid Stage were horrendous for some reason, some of the long drops were fine. Without going into too much detail I did have a brief check to see if 1 was full and the other empty to explain it but didn't seem to be that. Odd though as I've never experienced that in my 5 previou ones.

25 minutes ago, TheSocks said:

Watching Pigsx7, the singer twice said 'Hello Donnington, we are Twisted Sister'.

I overheard a girl behind us ask her friend 'I don't think this is Pigs – he keeps saying 'we are Twisted Sister'.

My wife then showed the girl a photo of Dee Snyder, to which the girl replied 'That looks like something I would enjoy seeing'!

Either a few people said the same thing or I was stood close to you as I heard a confused couple saying they thought it was supposed to be Pigsx7. The people around them just started laughing but then confirmed it was them

On the Sunday night we made friends with this guy and took him to Strummerville but the music ended like 10 minutes after getting there. He really wanted to keep the night going and hear more music. So we ended up at The Park and decided we would take him for one last song. We walk past the HMS Sweet Charity and it's a big queue so wasn't looking good. He told us to follow him, so we go with up to the exit where two security guards are standing and says "I'm Carl Cox" and that we were with him. They told the three of us to just head in. We ended up there until the end down the front dancing. All time glasto moment.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

On the Sunday night we made friends with this guy and took him to Strummerville but the music ended like 10 minutes after getting there. He really wanted to keep the night going and hear more music. So we ended up at The Park and decided we would take him for one last song. We walk past the HMS Sweet Charity and it's a big queue so wasn't looking good. He told us to follow him, so we go with up to the exit where two security guards are standing and says "I'm Carl Cox" and that we were with him. They told the three of us to just head in. We ended up there until the end down the front dancing. All time glasto moment.

Did he.... look like Carl Cox? Like, was it credible? 

If not then big brass balls award goes to him, and even harkens back to the big-balls blag-the-door moment in Human Traffic which resulted in the main character meeting... Carl Cox. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, scmusic said:

Did he.... look like Carl Cox? Like, was it credible? 

If not then big brass balls award goes to him, and even harkens back to the big-balls blag-the-door moment in Human Traffic which resulted in the main character meeting... Carl Cox. 

Yeah it was credible. I'll need to meet up with at the next glasto and try get backstage haha.

4 hours ago, Theodore said:

Someone leaving Idles on the Other singing ‘Dannnyy DeVitoo’

Similar but different. In some shade near the The Park on Wednesday, me and my boyfriend just having a chill. Heard a lad talking to his mate about watching the IDLES 2019 set on tele and that he especially loved that 'Johnny Pedelko' song.

Edited by AmyShambles
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

"Lets go and see Ziggy Marley"

While standing at West Holts and he was actually playing, they walked away. 

He didn't play at West Holts, he was on Pyramid on Friday morning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Yeah it was credible. I'll need to meet up with at the next glasto and try get backstage haha.

Wondering if it was the chap who I was chatting with at the Flying Bus early Saturday who had a t shirt on that said "I'm not Carl Cox".

But with a jacket on..obvs.

Or a different t shirt 

5 hours ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Up near JPT Sunday between Just Mustard and Sports Team.  Guy and his friends....

"After this going to pop up to Stonebridge for Fleetwood Mac..."

"Uhhhhh.  Fleetwood Mac are definitely not playing Stonebridge..."

"They are!  It's on the app!!"

Fleetmac Wood were.

My overseen rather than overheard was one of the aforementioned chair c**ts sitting in the middle of the Diana ross crowd, with people packed around him, and his phone out watching the bbc2 coverage of... Diana Ross

• Upvote 1