What was your 2022 ‘moment’?

Ryan1984

Stand out moments for me.. Phoebe Bridgers doing I know the end - I was still in awe that I had the chance to see her and that song feels very relevant for the last few years.. Pet Shop Boys Being Boring had me in tears, I was so tired and emotional by that point and it’s a very poignant beautiful song.. also seeing self esteem for the second time on Saturday at Greenpeace - hilariously drunken 😂

6 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Stand out moments for me.. Phoebe Bridgers doing I know the end - I was still in awe that I had the chance to see her and that song feels very relevant for the last few years.. Pet Shop Boys Being Boring had me in tears, I was so tired and emotional by that point and it’s a very poignant beautiful song.. also seeing self esteem for the second time on Saturday at Greenpeace - hilariously drunken 😂

That Greenpeace set was awesome, really lovely crowd and everyone seemed to be loving it, audience and everyone on stage. Both her sets just had great audiences and atmospheres.

For me, my moment came during Oh My God It's The Church at Avalon. The whole set had been riotously fun but the sheer positivity and joy at the end when he talked about festivals being back and us all being back together really got to me.

• Like 1

Missed motion sickness at the start of the set because i was in the toilet - Phoebe really dropped the hits right at the start!

Hey Jude probably up there along with seeing arcadia properly for the first time at Four Tet

Lots but probably IDLES again. The whole set. Cried a fair bit.

My wife couldn't attend and we both heart the band. Plus Joe T is the master of engagement / emotion

First Aid Kit and Emmylou. They have such beautiful voices and the weather was perfect. I also ended up in the First Aid Tent that day after getting something stuck in my eye, which seemed kinda fitting! 

• Like 3

I had three;

1. Seeing Bruce Springsteen perform on the Pyramid Stage for the first time really got me. As a huge Springsteen fanatic (im seeing him 5 times in Europe next year) this was the bucket list moment i had been waiting for. I wasnt at the 2009 show he played at the farm so this was the moment. What made it even more special was my dad and my mates all know how big of a fan i am of him and all consoled me when i was balling my eyes out and singing my heart out to Glory Days!

2. Sam Fender playing "The Dying Light". I live in Newcastle and have followed Sam since he was playing tiny venues. Ive seen him play to 10 people back in the day! He dedicated this song to Newcastle and i was surrounded by my Geordie mates which was awesome!

3. That first pint up in the Park (my favourite area of the site) was emotional due to being away for 3 years! 

Many.  Many, many, many moments. 

Highlight of my festival was my son dropping me a line to meet up for Phoebe Bridgers and getting to see her with him.  The set was the highlight of my weekend, it was everything I could hope for and I was more than a little emotional.

The audience reaction at the end of Last man on the earth, beautiful stuff that brought tears to the eyes.  Friday was a day of raw emotion for me, to be back in the crowds for live music again, gig after gig of great music, artists and crowd together sharing that.  Lovely.

2022 wasn't the best Glastonbury that I've ever attended, but it was far from the worst.  If the bill had been a bit more to my taste on Sat/Sun it could have been a contender.  The people who came this year were a good bunch on the whole, I thought, respectful of others and no one impinged on my enjoyment at all.  A good year.

Bicep playing Glue to close out the festival. The whole crowd was waiting for it, and when it arrived it was immense. The longing and nostalgia that comes with that song, combined with it being one of the last songs we heard before calling it in... We knew it was coming as soon as we saw the billing, I thought I was ready. I was so so wrong. 

As soon as the "When I'm alone" sample kicked in... Magic. 

Also Bonobo on West Holts was absolutely sensational. Beautiful music that broke the clouds and made way for a beautiful sunset. My favourite performance of the weekend. 

Roll on next year. 

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

There were a fair few moments during Phoebe Bridger's set. 

Never normally that fussed with the fireworks but being up at the stone circle with my friends this year felt really special too.

Yep, she got me too along with a moment during Crowded House and Elbow.

Loyle Carner doing his secret set in the Rabbit Hole. It was my first time seeing him after being a huge fan for years and with it being at Glastonbury and in such an intimate venue surrounded by friends just made it the best experience possible. 'Ain't Nothing Changed' with the whole crowd singing in unison after a great set full of energy was definitely the highlight of my weekend 

So many. 

Meeting my old efest banned friends which helped me setup Camp Funk, which then became Camp Red Triangl , in the Queue Tuesday night 

Nick Warren Set, one song in particular which had the spinning human in it against the aquarium theme..can anyone help me on this.

Meeting Carl Cox, and then his set ! Playing lovely Day!

IMG20220625134809.jpg

Him: "Mate can you tell me how to get to Arcadia?"

Me: "See that fucking great spider with all the lasers and massive flames coming out the top just over there?"

Made me chuckle to myself for hours and he did have a great time too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foolsgold1981 said:

For some reason ‘My Sad Captains’ totally got me. About ten seconds in I thought “oh god, I’m going here…”

Same. Seen Elbow 15, 20 times or so, but that totally did me on Sunday.

"And if it's so we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time"

• Upvote 1

Macca doing 'Something'. It was where the ukulele solo changed to full band along with the images of George. The musical transition and feeling of my love for the song and George really hit me and made me think about a few personal things too. I completely broke down. It was a beautifully powerful Glastonbury moment. One I will treasure forever. 

8 hours ago, mrfunk said:

So many. 

Meeting my old efest banned friends which helped me setup Camp Funk, which then became Camp Red Triangl , in the Queue Tuesday night 

Nick Warren Set, one song in particular which had the spinning human in it against the aquarium theme..can anyone help me on this.

Meeting Carl Cox, and then his set ! Playing lovely Day!

IMG20220625134809.jpg

You beat me to it. I was still crying from Wishing on a Star being played as well.

397063BB-9F33-44BE-A79E-A28EED293D84.jpeg

Can I have 2? 

My mum died just over 6 weeks ago 💔 I was really torn about whether to go or not. It wasn't until the Friday before that I decided to go. My mum was a massive Beatles fan and one the last conversations I remember between her and my dad was about him playing. Mum couldn't wait to watch it and dad was winding her up that he would be rubbish 🤣 I carried her coffin in to the Crematorium to 'In My Life'... it was a toss up between that and 'Let It Be'. Mum really "got" how important Glastonbury is to me and my son. Ticket day she would be hammering F5 for us (although she would likely have shit herself if she had to start putting in registration numbers and postcodes). She lived each festival vicariously through us as mobility issues just would have made it impossible for her but she would have loved the place

Saturday night me, my son, my partner and my best friend scattered some of her ashes on the Pyramid field during "Let It Be" ❤ Not sure what those around us thought when a small bag of powder came out. They probably thought the tears were because we dropped it 🤣

2nd moment was 'Helter Skelter'. I can die happy now I've stood in a field and heard an actual Beatle play my favourite song by them rather than the cover versions I've heard over the years ❤ 

Edited by Digi
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Db79 said:

First Aid Kit and Emmylou. They have such beautiful voices and the weather was perfect. I also ended up in the First Aid Tent that day after getting something stuck in my eye, which seemed kinda fitting! 

My wife and I saw them do Emmylou in 2013 on a nice sunny afternoon at the Pyramid. We were due to be married 3 months later and whilst having a dance and a cuddle said "this is a nice song eh?" and then decided it would be the first dance song at the wedding. 

I reckon that had we been there this year, that would have properly set us off. 

Failing that, and echoing many others, from the comfort of my sofa "One Day Like This" from Elbow had me in bits, especially as I had just received some footage of a Ukrainian refugee family receiving some goods we had packed for them on a work trip to Krakow last week... when Little Amal showed up and the person with the Ukraine flag was on the stage, I lost it.

Maybe not THE 2022 moment, but a really symbolic one : seeing the Beans on Toast gig at the Bandstand on Wednesday, and chatting with him and getting a signed copy of his book.

He's such a symbol of Glastonbury for me that it was the perfect way to start the 2022 edition after three years !