Blues - hit much harder this year? Tips.

O'Doyle Rules

10th one this year and the Glasto blues seem to have hit me much harder than usual. Not sure if it was just being that happy for a week (including the buildup) after a rough few years during the pandemic. Anyone else feel same?

Any tips on how to manage them? I find it quite hard to describe to others how a festival can make you cry about normal life when you come back, but it certainly seems like some form of medical conditions 🤣

6 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

10th one this year and the Glasto blues seem to have hit me much harder than usual. Not sure if it was just being that happy for a week (including the buildup) after a rough few years during the pandemic. Anyone else feel same?

Any tips on how to manage them? I find it quite hard to describe to others how a festival can make you cry about normal life when you come back, but it certainly seems like some form of medical conditions 🤣

Yes.. Fail to get a ticket.

This would have been my 11th. Whilst the FOMO gripped tighter as the festival got closer and was at its worst when i heard from my friends as they arrived in the CV fields on Tuesday morning, the coverage on the BBC (and I'm really talking iPlayer) was exceptional and i had a better view and saw more music and didn't have aching knees and didn't get stressed by crushes than ever before.

What the BBC cant replicate of course is all the rest of it... Leaving home at sparrows fart, getting super excited as you drive past Stonehenge (nearly there! - not really), turning off the A37 onto Pylle Lane (nearly there! - really), getting set up, that first view from the Hill of Death (Slope of Mild Inconvenience), laughing with  friends in the sunshine on Wednesday, getting to the Glastonbury sign and THEN turning around, looking at the faces of your 'newbie' friends as they marvel in the scale of it all... and on, and on, and on....

Nope, you are never going to manage it...  until you realise how lucky you are to have experienced it..  

• Upvote 2

It has hit be harder this year because I didn’t expect to be completely done in by the sheer volume of people. I had a blast as usual, but I definitely now realise I can’t camp next time I go…I’ve never left before a Sunday headliner, but I ended up leaving just before Pet Shop Boys, who I’d been looking forward to, and camped in Oxlyers for especially!

I still might need to go sit outside for a while to feel normal. I cried my eyes out when I got in bed last night 🤣

39 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Plenty of Earl Grey, plenty of Ben and Jerry's, plenty of hugs (from anyone who consents...), and a film you absolutely LOVE and know very well - and is reasonably upbeat/makes you smile for whatever reason - and cherish the memories the next day when your heads a bit clearer 😉

Shawshank Redemption, Terminator 2, Back to the Future, LOTR... 

28 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Wasn’t at Glastonbury this year, but from previous experience of the festival come down, I find sleep is the most important part of my recovery. Also eating nice healthy food, rest and generally being kind to my body.

Binge watching Netflix programmes might help as well.

You have just put yourselves through a very amazing but punishing weekend. I think it’s normal to feel a bit shit after all you have done and gone through  over the last few days, so please be kind to yourselves.

Hope you are all feeling okay soon 😊

I've just been rewatching the Wet Leg set, as various friends posted on my FB that could see me down the front (and i'm there, for a few frames at least 😄 ) and the set has brought a tear to my eye, it was so good, set of the decade for me.