Sunday Night was amazing!

joeltg

That was the best Sunday night I have ever had at Glastonbury, so many moments! 

People seemed to party quite hard last night, more so than usual...who was feeling it? 

We spent some time up at Silver Hayes, then went over to see Charli @ the John Peel and it felt far more spacious that side. Then made our way down to Shangri La, went round it once and decided to go through it again. Icon stage was mind blowing. 

Tried to squeeze into a taxi with about 12 others, watched some beat box artists on sensations who were incredible, and absorbed every second. 

We walked past this screen that recreated images of people's movements, and my mate said "fancy a go" and someone said I wouldn't, you'll be there an hour...he was right...

Got talking to a group in the unfairground crew bar (can't remember the name), and someone handed me some shrooms..that was an interesting few hours. 

Everyone we met this year was just absolutely wonderful and although the network was the worst it had ever been for me, that definitely helped to detach properly. 

I worked this year so was hard to find the right balance but over had an absolute blast and is why I absolutely love this place and always will. 

As always the carpet feels strange again. 

Peace and love all xx

Edited by joeltg

I felt that in 2019. This year I thought it was ok. I had a great time at Kendrick & I am not knocking him, It just wasn't a "Wow" moment for me.

I am really pleased I went there rather than to Bicep, who Ill get to see somewhere else.

2019 had a headliner for everyone really & there seemed to be a buzz about the place that 2022 lacked.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I felt that in 2019. This year I thought it was ok. I had a great time at Kendrick & I am not knocking him, It just wasn't a "Wow" moment for me.

I am really pleased I went there rather than to Bicep, who Ill get to see somewhere else.

2019 had a headliner for everyone really & there seemed to be a buzz about the place that 2022 lacked.

I missed Kendrick but will watch back at some point. 

Saturday morning I was thinking "am I done with Glastonbury", Monday I was thinking who am I kidding! 

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The run we had from Herbie Hancock -> Diana -> Kacey -> Lorde -> 10 minutes of Yola -> PSB was the dream team than just kept on giving.

Glad you had a great one too Caledonian - I didn't rush around Sunday but I did get absorbed in anything and everything and it was exactly what Glastonbury should be about. 

Also didn't realise just how late everything goes on right up to the Monday morning, perhaps it was going later because of the big 50?

9 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

How was Charli? I sadly couldn't make it, but I don't know anybody that went. Was it busy?

Was amazing and one of the highlights for me, busy but not overly - you could still squeeze into the tent at the back. 

18 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

How was Charli? I sadly couldn't make it, but I don't know anybody that went. Was it busy?

I'm not a fan of hers at all (not that I don't like her - just indifferent) but I went there with my kids simply because it was the closest thing to Wicket Ground and we were all knackered, and it was unexpectedly brilliant.

It was busy but not super packed, so you could easily work your way in. It was my 10 year old daughter's first experience of being properly in amongst the crowd, and she was absolutely bouncing afterwards 🤣

Disappointingly it doesn't seem to be on iPlayer or available for download on any of the usual alternative sources 😞

2 hours ago, Cheesey said:

I'm not a fan of hers at all (not that I don't like her - just indifferent) but I went there with my kids simply because it was the closest thing to Wicket Ground and we were all knackered, and it was unexpectedly brilliant.

It was busy but not super packed, so you could easily work your way in. It was my 10 year old daughter's first experience of being properly in amongst the crowd, and she was absolutely bouncing afterwards 🤣

Disappointingly it doesn't seem to be on iPlayer or available for download on any of the usual alternative sources 😞

Same for me - not my bag but just went along with a mate and was pleasantly surprised!

Was originally planning for Courtney Barnett or Bicep.