Sticklinch Thoughts?

Hutchmaster

On 6/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I thought it was great especially once you persuaded the barrow boys out of their barrows to give you a hand with your stuff. Crisps were not allowed on site by the owner. Didn’t miss the killer hill at all. I’d say the walk to stages was comparable and what you lose in not wandering through the green fields you gain in a spacious, non crowded walk through quiet camping fields. 15 mins to the Other, 20 to the Park. Queues for showers seemed a lot less than WV. All were cubicles on the womens side at least. Paid £3 to dry my hair quickly a couple of times. Yes needs more water and washing points. Compost loos at the back were so much better than portaloos. Also found them better than the flushers as so tiny and the smell lingered.  Seats outside the vendors would be welcome. Bought excellent coffee from Hedonist and the drinks stall (no food). Yes needs a better fence as there were a few intruders. Access in and out was a pleasure. 

I think the confiscation of crisps was an in-joke with the gate security guards!

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

After finding myself increasingly a light sleeper and struggling with lying flat on the ground - what are the options here and WV for larger tents that come with campbeds already installed - are there any, or do you always have to bring your own bedding?

It's bring your own. My friend brought a camp bed with her, needless to say that was the smart option. ticket gods willing I'll be doing the same next year. Obviously with no need to bring a tent there is more room in the car for extra bedding.

43 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

It's bring your own. My friend brought a camp bed with her, needless to say that was the smart option. ticket gods willing I'll be doing the same next year. Obviously with no need to bring a tent there is more room in the car for extra bedding.

No car for me, I'm a coacher, sadly.

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

That's not true, I spent ages searching for bunkpads on resale specifically as it would save me carrying an airbed or rollmat. 

You can still see the options on the way back machine

http://web.archive.org/web/20210517170953/https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That's not true, I spent ages searching for bunkpads on resale specifically as it would save me carrying an airbed or rollmat. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20210517170953/https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

I stand corrected, I was just thinking of the tents, never gave a thought to the bunk pads

25 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I stand corrected, I was just thinking of the tents, never gave a thought to the bunk pads

Aye, they were comparatively comfy. Thin mattress with a sheet. 

They also have some fabric shelves to put your stuff on. 

I'd certainly go there again too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

What's the temperature like in them?

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What's the temperature like in them?

I didn't get there until Thursday, so missed the worst heat. 

You can open the door and front windows (when you're about) to let some breeze in, which was all fine. Of course it was windy and they don't have a hook on the door, so we were sticking the bin in front with a walking boot in it 😊

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Out of interest how easy was it to get a bunk pad or pod pad?

also…. Does WV have something similar?

They're supplied by a third party, who have people on site giving you keys and coming to fix locks or other issues, which I think is a good reason why they wouldn't want to split themselves between WV and SL

https://podpads.com/

Edited by clarkete

We were camping in rigs field, which was nice and quiet last time. The noise was really bad this year cos of people coming and going from sticklinch constantly. We were camped right next to the track to be fair. Where would be a quieter spot for next year(if I get tickets 🤞)?

Also, on Wednesday night/Thursday early hours about 3 or 4am did anyone else hear some guy screaming as if in panic, followed by a female hysterically screaming..? Nobody else I've spoke to heard anything but I was wide awake and it  scared the shit out of me tbh.. came from sticklinch area.

36 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Also, on Wednesday night/Thursday early hours about 3 or 4am did anyone else hear some guy screaming as if in panic, followed by a female hysterically screaming..? Nobody else I've spoke to heard anything but I was wide awake and it  scared the shit out of me tbh.. came from sticklinch area.

Nope.

20 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

YES! Thought I imagined/dreamt it.

Sure I heard the guy again on Saturday night/Sunday early when I was getting into my sleeping bag.

Edited by Major_Tom108

1 minute ago, Major_Tom108 said:

YES! Thought I imagine/dreamt it.

Sure I heard the guy again on Saturday night/Sunday early.

Thank god someone else heard him! My first thought was that he was having a really bad trip, but since u say u heard him a second night maybe he has night terrors and was screaming in his sleep..

17 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Thank god someone else heard him! My first thought was that he was having a really bad trip, but since u say u heard him a second night maybe he has night terrors and was screaming in his sleep..

Yeah, must have been night terrors. The 2nd time it sounded like someone in agony, thought for sure I'd hear sirens any second but no nothing after 3 very loud, panicked shouts/screams.

Gave me the fright of my life, just sat bolt upright silent and still 🙃

Edited by Major_Tom108

If it remains the same in the future, I wouldn't bother with Sticklinch if using the coach... It takes away some of the main advantages and leaves you with just the showers, and slightly less stuff to carry...

Those on coach had horrendous faff and long walks with all of their stuff, having to walk all the way across site after being dropped by the coach. They had the same faff on the Monday too. On top of this, they still had the long walk into site every other day. 

One of the main advantages of Sticklinch is the easier arrival and leaving. Another is having your vehicle close for extra storage / safe storage, and being able to come and go from your vehicle in a matter of 2 minutes... 

Just thought that was worth mentioning. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread as its where I landed when searching around;

Whats the process for buying these (and WV) accommodation? When you buy your festival tickets from SeeTickets as normal, is there an option to add them during the ticket buying process or do you complete that transaction first then do accommodation separate?

And if it's the latter is it the same day, ie once you have tickets start hammering SeeTickets again for accomodation?

24 minutes ago, J3mmo said:

Digging up an old thread as its where I landed when searching around;

Whats the process for buying these (and WV) accommodation? When you buy your festival tickets from SeeTickets as normal, is there an option to add them during the ticket buying process or do you complete that transaction first then do accommodation separate?

And if it's the latter is it the same day, ie once you have tickets start hammering SeeTickets again for accomodation?

The festival has announced that all accommodation will be sold after the ticket sales. This is standard and usually takes place a couple of weeks later during an evening. All details can be found on the festival website 

• Like 1