One new good thing

stuartbert two hats

7 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

The quality of the screens at all the stages i went too were ace, really high quality pictures, nuch better than previous years iirc. I assume they were all new this year?

Totally agree - the screens at the Pyramid were incredibly detailed even when close up, never seen anything like it before. They didn’t seem to be made up of lots of smaller screens, so they seemed just like one whole smooth surface - excellent

Was my first time, so I'm going to say Sticklinch

Absolutely fantastic for £30 per person per night... Clean hot showers, flushing toilets, pre erected tent... And no horrible hill to walk up. 

The only improvement would be more showers and toilets. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:05 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

My god the sound at the Pet Shop Boys was fantastic.

We were stood halfway between stage and desk..my god it sounded insane..just so clean, could here everything, pure hifi. The bass kicked like a muel. I've always found other stage to sound better than the pyramid.  Not turning this into a db Vs Martin audio debate, just wonder if pyramid is just so big and difficult to get it to sound really good. Neil's voice PSB sounded incredible!!

I’m going to add another for the Other sound. Chvrches in 2016 ... in what was little more than a gentle breeze.... sound was god awful at the back. Billy Eilish 2019 was little better. In a stiff wind this year, I saw several sets, from all over the field, and sound was brilliant for them all.

Yeah, they absolutely nailed it for the Other stage sound.  I've watched back the PSB iplayer set with decent headphones, a good amp and can confirm that at full whack it sounds about 1/10th as good as it did in that field.

On 6/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, dingbat2 said:

The quality of the screens at all the stages i went too were ace, really high quality pictures, nuch better than previous years iirc. I assume they were all new this year?

Was going to say that. Must have been 8K, so crystal clear it made a huge difference when further back

There were a lot of things on where I was surprised how much the crowd went off, definitely more than previous years I'd been to (last one was 2016). One example, I only saw PSB on iPlayer afterwards, but I watched them play the same hits on the same stage a few years back and the reception was definitely far more muted than that, it looked like a party.

Like, you always saw appreciative crowds, but sometimes it felt like that had gone up to another level? Even the ones that were small in number felt more committed than previously.