Things missing this year…

Ryan1984

18 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Called it a day. No longer a festival vendor 

The wife and I stumbled across thier bricks and mortar cafe in Ambleside and overhead the owner saying he was thinking of pulling out of festivals. I think this must have been in the summer of 2019 because it was after the last glasto but I think before COVID

7 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah that’s a DAMN SHAME 🥲.

a bus, really? Can’t compare that surely

Apparently the old Genosys went mouldy in storage because it had been left for three years so couldn't be used. The bus was a compromise to get something in relatively quickly and cheaply.

20 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

Apparently the old Genosys went mouldy in storage because it had been left for three years so couldn't be used. The bus was a compromise to get something in relatively quickly and cheaply.

That is so interesting. I thought it might have been due to budget cuts. Hope it’s back next year as it’s such a cool stage. 

The cake stall in the acoustic field.

Le Grande Bouffe.

The toasty place just to the right as you exit the acoustic field.

Arcadia missing all the cool bits. Went through on a bimble on the Wednesday and thought, "Hmm, it's not fully built yet". Went back after The Pet Shop Boys set and was disappointed to find it still the same. Where were the robots on wires and the trapeze artists? It was like it had gone back to Arcadia year one.

Oh and Vegetarian Delights AKA Not The Hot Dog Stall usually near the tor rugby club stall. My go to place for a near camp cheap cup of tea usually.

Edited by MrZigster

18 hours ago, kidpresentable said:

Agreed, San Remo just looked like a garage forecourt.

I missed The Blues and felt far too much of Silver Hayes' character has been stripped away this year.

silver hayes didnt have any character to be stripped away.

8 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah that’s a DAMN SHAME 🥲.

a bus, really? Can’t compare that surely

I fucking loved the bus. Had a 1356084815_Screenshot2022-06-28at21_09_40.thumb.png.7c5fbe975ed8a37928cfd647a94d19b6.png2123134223_Screenshot2022-06-28at21_10_15.thumb.png.035628dd39f2dc5d2d7adfec0c2d6c87.pngreal moment there on Friday night, sun low in the sky, mist (OK, dry ice) rolling across at the end of Hot Chip's DJ set and a half empty space. Was properly beautiful. Like very early morning in a 90s rave

10 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Manic Organic will be back next year, according to their social media. 

I'm so happy! All is right with the world. Seriously their breakfasts were my sole meals each day for four Glastonburys. Full of grains, carbs and tastes insane

11 hours ago, Cheesey said:

I missed that. Bit of a shame 😞

Meant we had to go on a milk mission each evening for the kids breakfasts. Also, the milk trucks used to sell strawberry milk, which is one of my favourite things in life and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

As @CaledonianGonzo said, they announced beforehand where they were selling it from instead of the trucks. I passed one of their stalls Monday and they had flavoured milk.

Couldn’t find anything much in the way of old skool rave/hardcore this year. Lots of amazing DJs in general, but often someone like Mark Archer or Slipmatt delivers the most memorable and nostalgic early 90s set (for me at least). Is it just me or did there used to be more of this around, especially in the afternoons?

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Le Grande Bouffe.

A few of us said the same, so I contacted them today, and they said...

"Thank you for saying. We were very disappointed to not take part. First time in 20 years! We were unfortunately not invited to come . Hopefully, next year will be different and we will serve you the best Tartiflette ever !!! 

Have a great summer and let's meet un à field somewhere !"

😍