Things missing this year…

Ryan1984

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

God - much missed.  

That bloody path at 2am!

THIS. Seriously what were they thinking. Anyone less than fit and able would struggle. Saw a couple trying to get pushchairs down there. I understand the thinking, having a separate entrance for WV avoiding need for further ticket checks but they need to do some thinking on that for next year. If it had been a wet and muddy one would have been carnage. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Splatt said:

THIS. Seriously what were they thinking. Anyone less than fit and able would struggle. Saw a couple trying to get pushchairs down there. I understand the thinking, having a separate entrance for WV avoiding need for further ticket checks but they need to do some thinking on that for next year. If it had been a wet and muddy one would have been carnage. 

This.

3 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I may have lost my bearings after three years and gone down the wrong paths but were the candle-powered steam boats and 50p tea tent stalls not there this year?

Anything else you wanted to see nowhere to be found?

I spoke to the guy who ran the tea stall in 2019, and he said he'd had the worst festival ever and was unlikely to be back.. I only asked him how he was doing..

1 hour ago, Matt87 said:

I really missed the cafe in The Wood. That had previously been my hangover cure zone and always had a nice vibe. 

I thought The Wood was disappointing all round compared to the last time I went in 2017, when it was an utterly magical place with weird sculptures, giant disco balls, and interactive musical installations. This time it was pretty much just an elevated boardwalk and some floodlights. I assume this was due to lack of funds?

1 hour ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I really missed the cafe/bar in The Wood.  Used to spend a good bit of time in there and the cheese and chutney toasties were legend !

Yes. This. I used to hang out there a fair bit on hot days.

14 minutes ago, lebenski said:

was the piano bar there this year?  admittedly I didn't look very hard, or turn up late when it's normally kicking off - but I couldn't see it in the usual area

Yes..I only went in the daytime when it wasn't open but deffo all set up to go

2 hours ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I really missed the cafe/bar in The Wood.  Used to spend a good bit of time in there and the cheese and chutney toasties were legend !

There was a chutney toastie food stall just inside Silver Hayes this year. I wonder if they’ve moved?

A decent and exciting range of ales in Cockmill's Bar by the Acoustic Stage was missing this year - totally generic range of beers and the same as every other bar on  site, which was a bit disappointing. Still a great bar, and still quieter than most other bars which was handy. But also craft ales were missing from the Theatre Field 'Craft Ale' bar and the Taphouse - both also generic

The other thing missing was obvs any space to walk comfortably on any paths

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Some dirty bastard missed the long drop hole 

1E239AE7-7DBD-4CD6-877F-E6B23CD69194.jpeg

Some dirty bastard can't use spoiler tags... 

Note to self - don't browse efests while eating. Can you at least spoiler that... 🤣

Also who are these disgusting tossers drinking cans while they take a shit... btw would have took you a few seconds to flatten the cans and use them as a scoop to save the next person you're dilemma. 

Edited by willgooneday

2 hours ago, Splatt said:

We saw quite a few falls as people slipped on the scree, one of them quite bad. Would have been an absolute disaster in a wet year. They made it EVEN steeper!!! I was ok with with it, apart from Friday night at 2am, a bit drunk and exhausted.