Things missing this year…

Ryan1984

On 6/28/2022 at 10:19 AM, Cleoclaptrap said:

Such a shame about the candle steam boats and Manic Organic they have both been there forever.

Maybe they've finally raised enough money to rebuild their canal, or whatever else they were raising cash for.

They've been there since the 90s so it was a bit of a surprised to not see them this year.

I missed that lack of decent cider being sold anywhere other than the Cider Bus. The Brothers' festival stuff is pretty crap but at least in 2019 you had Burrow Hill being sold at the Bimble Inn and the Thatchers craft cider bars around the site.

Edited by Johnnyseven

On 6/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, charlottesometimes said:

Couldn’t find anything much in the way of old skool rave/hardcore this year. Lots of amazing DJs in general, but often someone like Mark Archer or Slipmatt delivers the most memorable and nostalgic early 90s set (for me at least). Is it just me or did there used to be more of this around, especially in the afternoons?

Eats Everything did a History of Rave day at the Stonebridge Bar. Carl Cox did a B2B jungle set on Arcadia one night.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MJP said:

Yeah, was told it was away this year just because they had budget cuts.

The truth is that Genosys went mouldy in storage over the last 3 years.  It will either need to be remade or refurbished or it might never come back. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

There was a bar there, on the lower level. Just no music/DJs in the Spike area.

Did anyone go to the oak tree at the back of the Greenpeace field? This used to be my favourite quiet spot  but the noise from the Spike bar ruined it. Hopefully it was quieter again. And was the book stall still there? 

On 6/29/2022 at 10:45 PM, Mr. B said:

What was the deal with barren dumping ground of pipes and industrial storage containers diagonally from San Remo (directly opposite the cut through). Looked terrible, and strange given the aesthetic effort made across the site

I noticed that too! Also, when was the Space Port last there? I missed it big time, I didn’t go in 2019 so not sure if it’s long gone, I think it was there in 2017 🤔

30 minutes ago, LoraMaze said:

I noticed that too! Also, when was the Space Port last there? I missed it big time, I didn’t go in 2019 so not sure if it’s long gone, I think it was there in 2017 🤔

All that stuff was outside where San Remo is at Worthy Pastures last year so I think it is just a storage area they ran out of time to cover up. 

I'm same as you - was there in 2017 and Spaceport was definitely there. I wasn't there in 2019.

• 2 months later...