Things missing this year…

Ryan1984

21 hours ago, Keithy said:

Ahh I must have just missed them. Spent a fair bit of time around there and circus and never saw them.

The walkabout acts actually have a defined schedule and are in the full online programme/app, it's not as random as it often seems! Schedules are often the same day to day so if you're in the fields 3pm on Friday you'll generally see the same performers you will at 3pm saturday.

15 hours ago, Mardy said:

I fucking loved the bus. Had a 1356084815_Screenshot2022-06-28at21_09_40.thumb.png.7c5fbe975ed8a37928cfd647a94d19b6.png2123134223_Screenshot2022-06-28at21_10_15.thumb.png.035628dd39f2dc5d2d7adfec0c2d6c87.pngreal moment there on Friday night, sun low in the sky, mist (OK, dry ice) rolling across at the end of Hot Chip's DJ set and a half empty space. Was properly beautiful. Like very early morning in a 90s rave

This looks good to be fair and I would have enjoyed a hot chip DJ set Mardy 👍🏻

Sams Magic Hat didn't seem to be there this year (Showers in Undel Ground), but there was a paid for shower/sauna tent slighty further up, small opening times though 7am-1pm & 7pm-1am

Anyone know why it wasnt at the festival or in a different place? Imagine that, aswell as the general overcrowding contributed to the ridiculous que times in Lost Horizons

On 6/28/2022 at 2:50 AM, kidpresentable said:

Agreed, San Remo just looked like a garage forecourt.

I missed The Blues and felt far too much of Silver Hayes' character has been stripped away this year.

Agreed. I preferred the old Sonic tent and the blues. Lonely Hearts Club was just a big lifeless stage.

Also the glad changes were horrible. Massive sound bleed spilling between the areas. Sometimes less is more, there's no need to cram a large stage in every possible corner when it just doesn't work.

3 minutes ago, brendan84 said:

Gas tower was moved and lost the 360 screens visuals wasn't as good.

Welsh oggie was missed but that was noted on here beforehand. 

Arcadia pangea was missed...looked great and was a much bigger area for it

spider been going on for so long now and tired 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, lukemack said:

Sams Magic Hat didn't seem to be there this year (Showers in Undel Ground), but there was a paid for shower/sauna tent slighty further up, small opening times though 7am-1pm & 7pm-1am

Anyone know why it wasnt at the festival or in a different place? Imagine that, aswell as the general overcrowding contributed to the ridiculous que times in Lost Horizons

They've retired, was confirmed before the festival.

Not sure if I just missed it but couldn't see the tomato fight listed anywhere this year? That's always a highlight!

It felt like a lot of the quirky stuff they usually have there was a bit lacking this year. Less to do in SE corner during the day- I saw the hologram dancing, aida robot and the VR sets but didn't seem to be much else going on?

1 hour ago, Spiritdesire said:

Phone signal? That being poor and crowds (seeming) a lot busier than usual made it much harder to get in touch with friends to meet before sets this year

Its was shite wasnt it. I was getting delayed txts from people hours after they'd sent them. Sometimes it was perfect, other times good signal but no slots so its all down to capacity on the station.

Phone signal? That being poor and crowds (seeming) a lot busier than usual made it much harder to get in touch with friends to meet before sets this year

Yes. Could seemingly text out fine. None of my texts got through to my friend on site after the Wednesday evening. They finally got some of them Monday afternoon. I'm with EE as well so rather pissed off about that. Probably stopped a few meet ups.

On Vodafone and I genuinely think there were only about 2 spots on the whole site where I could reliably get mobile data. Even SMS and cellular calling was a no-go most places.  Was a nightmare to organise anything with people. 

Also the poor reception seemed to drain my battery way faster - is that a thing? Like it was if my poor phone was scrambling about to find a signal and was being sucked dry in the process. On the Thursday I used my phone for less than half an hour of screen on time but I was on 10% by about 10pm. Usually on that with five hours of screen on time! 

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I wonder what happened to Candle Powered Steam Boats...

He's been there since I first went I think!

It used to be there to raise funds for some sort of canal restoration or something?

Hope he didn't succumb during covid...

Wasn't it to restore a windmill?

Maybe he'd finally earned enough.

The BIG arch to the entrance of the park. All the cool bits n pieces to Arcadia like the flame lamp post things. The eyes in trees. So many wee touches that make Glastonbury that little bit more special.

I do wonder if after COVID they just didn’t have the same manpower to add all the things that were  missing. 

51 minutes ago, HomicidalGoat said:

Also the poor reception seemed to drain my battery way faster - is that a thing? Like it was if my poor phone was scrambling about to find a signal and was being sucked dry in the process. On the Thursday I used my phone for less than half an hour of screen on time but I was on 10% by about 10pm. Usually on that with five hours of screen on time! 

Yeah searching for connectivity does drain the battery faster - must’ve been a lot of that happening this year

58 minutes ago, TaylorT said:

The BIG arch to the entrance of the park. All the cool bits n pieces to Arcadia like the flame lamp post things. The eyes in trees. So many wee touches that make Glastonbury that little bit more special.

I do wonder if after COVID they just didn’t have the same manpower to add all the things that were  missing. 

I spoke to someone involved in the build and a lot of big tents were only put up the weekend before the festival started. Seems like they were way behind schedule in the build, which is why maybe some things were missing.

On 6/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, Phoenix Girl said:

I assume from above that this is not the case but I couldn’t see Genosys on anyones pics (ie the big tall blocky thing with the lights usually next to London Underground) - was that still there? 

The hubby and I randomly got talking to the DJ Greg Wilson before his set in NYC Downlow and he said Genosys wasn't there due to a lack of funds...probably the same with other parts of the festival, coupled with the standard staff troubles over the past couple of years.

Was shocked by the lack of people walking round selling drugs. Admittedly I didn’t go to the big dance areas late and I was staying in family camping, but they used to be everywhere…walking through campsites, in the markets, definitely up at the stone circle. Didn’t hear one of ‘em.