Things missing this year…

Ryan1984

Trick route cut through from Baileys by the water taps to main path. Also it might have been me as we haven’t been since 2017 (we didn’t get Tix in 2019) but I felt like a few path changes in campsites and bits blocked off so had to do what seemed like longer way round 

18 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

No, that’s Denelas from Shepton. Good, but not ‘freshly baked cheese and pesto focaccia from Lydia’s’ good. 

Wasn’t Lydia’s next to the Cockmill bar alongside Annie macs?

24 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

No, that’s Denelas from Shepton. Good, but not ‘freshly baked cheese and pesto focaccia from Lydia’s’ good. 

Apologies, bakery confusion scene's. On a lol note, what you typed is next level Metropolitan Liberal Elite.

Not being critical but proper Daily Mail headlines writing themselves 🤣🤣

Block 9: missed the London Underground.

The Common: was Samula smaller or less screens/water visuals? Also I miss The Cave.

Was Gas Tower less of a 360 experience and more like another stage?

I wish Arcadia had Metamorphosis/Lords of Lightning.

30 minutes ago, glasto360 said:

Block 9: missed the London Underground.

The Common: was Samula smaller or less screens/water visuals? Also I miss The Cave.

Was Gas Tower less of a 360 experience and more like another stage?

I wish Arcadia had Metamorphosis/Lords of Lightning.

I assume from above that this is not the case but I couldn’t see Genosys on anyones pics (ie the big tall blocky thing with the lights usually next to London Underground) - was that still there? 

1. Lager options. Pisswater Carlsberg everywhere. A few San Miguel options here and there and cans of Brooklyn. Really disappointing.

2. Reasonably priced food options. Was absurd this year. Food for a fiver was around if you looked hard but was token efforts; one noodle place had rice has its £5 option 😂

3. Walkabouts in theatre and circus. Tea ladies were absent, gang who walk around in cloud suits. Seemed noticeably less walkabouts.

4. Being able to mooch around. The days of wandering into places like the rabbit hole have long gone. Huge queues. The general crowds everywhere meant it was hard to discover stuff as you just missed it in the crowds.

5. Professionalism from Glastonbury Festivals. Felt like amateur hour too many times. Whether basic crowd control, stage booking, connectivity for card payments (John Peel bar went cash only at one point).

6. Venue options in SE corner. Cave, London Underground gone. Just meant everywhere else being even more rammed.

Overall it felt like the festival had lost a bit of its character this year for me. Almost as if the post covid festival is now moving into a new era where some of the smaller elements that bring character are being cast aside. Wormhole gone, Spike bar gone, Woods stripped back, less T&C walkabouts. Park was horrendous this year in particular whereas it used to be a comparatively relaxed areas. Stonebridge needs to go or be moved or booked with less names. Creates massive crowd issues at the pinch point with The Park Stage and the 2nd park entrance. 

If they’re going to carry on with the bookings as they are in Park, they need to redesign the entrance. Has always been a pinch point at times with Arcadia, Toilets, Food stalls and The Park entrance all within metres of each other but felt relentless this year.

i guess some of the above is due to budget cuts. Certainly felt the SE corner and T&C lost a chunk of their budget and had to make cutbacks. 

Edited by Keithy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Ah that’s a DAMN SHAME 🥲.

a bus, really? Can’t compare that surely

oh yeah, didn't list this one - also missed. Overall feeling is that adjacent areas are becoming more stages - still with their own character design and looking great, mind you - but less immersive/quirky/interesting things in between. See also the Glade becoming two stages.

I have memories of finding little doors in Shangri La and getting myself into some wild and unexpected scenarios - and didn't it used to have performers/artists/bigger narrative going around?

I wonder if it was budget constraints or this will be the way forward.

9 minutes ago, Keithy said:

1. Lager options. Pisswater Carlsberg everywhere. A few San Miguel options here and there and cans of Brooklyn. Really disappointing.

2. Reasonably priced food options. Was absurd this year. Food for a fiver was around if you looked hard but was token efforts; one noodle place had rice has its £5 option 😂

3. Walkabouts in theatre and circus. Tea ladies were absent, gang who walk around in cloud suits. Seemed noticeably less walkabouts.

4. Being able to mooch around. The days of wandering into places like the rabbit hole have long gone. Huge queues. The general crowds everywhere meant it was hard to discover stuff as you just missed it in the crowds.

5. Professionalism from Glastonbury Festivals. Felt like amateur hour too many times. Whether basic crowd control, stage booking, connectivity for card payments (John Peel bar went cash only at one point).

6. Venue options in SE corner. Cave, London Underground gone. Just meant everywhere else being even more rammed.

Overall it felt like the festival had lost a bit of its character this year for me. Almost as if the post covid festival is now moving into a new era where some of the smaller elements that bring character are being cast aside. Wormhole gone, Spike bar gone, Woods stripped back, less T&C walkabouts. Park was horrendous this year in particular whereas it used to be a comparatively relaxed areas. Stonebridge needs to go or be moved or booked with less names. Creates massive crowd issues at the pinch point with The Park Stage and the 2nd park entrance. 

If they’re going to carry on with the bookings as they are in Park, they need to redesign the entrance. Has always been a pinch point at times with Arcadia, Toilets, Food stalls and The Park entrance all within metres of each other but felt relentless this year.

i guess some of the above is due to budget cuts. Certainly felt the SE corner and T&C lost a chunk of their budget and had to make cutbacks. 

I saw the tea ladies and the cloud suit guys on more than one occasion..  the spike bar is still there isn’t it? The treehouse place with fairy lights? 

8 minutes ago, Pipine said:

I saw the tea ladies and the cloud suit guys on more than one occasion..  the spike bar is still there isn’t it? The treehouse place with fairy lights? 

Ahh I must have just missed them. Spent a fair bit of time around there and circus and never saw them.

Spike bar has gone, absorbed into the new Glade.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Due to safety issues apparently. Though a bit surprising from a festival that doesn't care about crowd safety.

Yeah a bit weird to have binned it off seeing as there were tractors going through the crowds at all times anyway