Things missing this year…

Ryan1984

Crisps. Assume banned because no recycling option.

Didn’t find the slope in WV that bad with decent walking boots but agree in the rain it would have become dangerous. WV as a whole felt much more crowded as they have pushed the tents closer to the eating areas. Not great for those placed in those ones.

Urinals seemed smaller to me around the whole site. Not sure why

Agree on the wood - I’m sure last time there was sections with large fires where you could sit around too near the bar. Didn’t find the new teapot place though so maybe the funds went into that instead?

Avalon Cafe 

12 hours ago, willgooneday said:

Probably has something to do with a lot of self-employed food traders having to make serious decisions about their future during the 2020 season which didn't exist and the 2021 season which was much shorter than normal. It's seasonal work anyway so a lot of them would have struggled to get anything substantial through furlough schemes etc. 

Absolutely, it totally understandable after the last two years, just hope that variety will return as time goes on.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They announced before the festival that it wouldn't be happening this year.

I missed that. Bit of a shame 😞

Meant we had to go on a milk mission each evening for the kids breakfasts. Also, the milk trucks used to sell strawberry milk, which is one of my favourite things in life and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

The lack of any kind of decent craft beer was massively noticeable.

For a festival that doesn't do major sponsorship, they have an opportunity to really champion the varied and flourishing craft beer scene in the UK.

Instead every bar was an InBev or Heineken love in.

Really shit to be honest, and totally against the spirit of the festival.

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Due to safety issues apparently. Though a bit surprising from a festival that doesn't care about crowd safety.

Surely can't be any less safe than driving bin lorries through the markets. Made me shudder every time I saw one thinking of the potential outcomes involving a kid or a super mashed person.