Time to throw the towel in?

JoeyT

9 hours ago, kerplunk said:

This is a good way to go if you can do it. The rules I used to live by was one trip only, and whatever you do don't be a mule for other people's stuff!

That last part has gone out of the window for me though in recent years (and thereby the first part too) due to girlfriend/friends from abroad arriving on the bus and I became the lead party setting up camp taking in multiple tents - sigh. This year for a change I only had one tent to take in, but gf still arrives seperately on the bus so I still carry the bulk of the load for the two of us and requires two trips if we're to have our own booze and keep the bar bill down.

Girlfriends are nothing but trouble!

7 hours ago, DeanoL said:

How big is your rucksack?! We take fresh clothes for each day, F&B 4-person and pump, inflatable single mattress each (no frame), single sleeping bag and pillow each, small pack of toiletries and maybe 12 cans between us and most of that had to go on a trolley to do it one run. We carried it in 2019 but it nearly killed us.

Berghaus 65+5L pretty standard large rucksack - noting outrageous. Mates of mine turned up with a scuba bag on their back - looked like a tank!

Tent this year was carried by hand as was the cider. The more is on your back the better and if it is a good rucksack (which mine thankfully is) it makes all the difference for comfort - a lot of weight feels like nothing when it's on. There are inflatable mattresses and inflatable mattresses though. If its an airbed, thats going to be way heavier than a self inflater (I've done both in my time). pillows are bulky I got the inflatable forclaz one from decathlon and its as close to the real deal for an inflatable as I've had yet - it weighs nothing and take sup very little room deflated.

I think clothes are my heaviest area and easy to take too much. I take a t-shirt, sock and boxers per day; wear jeans in whatever the weather and have shorts in the bag. Add a jumper / hoody (or as I did this year a down jacket - highly recommend!) and waterproofs and that's about it. Clothes add up the weight fast. I'd even say it could be argued I take too much but it's a balance of weight and comfort through the weekend - no one is taking that fresh sock feeling from me!

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

This pump is genius

61t1G2dlCfL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.j

Love this! It was our best find in the run up. Great for vacuum bags with clothes in, pumping up self inflaters and air beds and they have a model that has a lamp in the base too so no need for an extra lamp. Some of their modes even function as chargers! The picture on the screen is closer to life size than you think. It's tiny.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, JoeyT said:

How do you know when it’s time?

I left during Diana Ross yesterday and being lucky enough to live fairly close was home / showered / fed by 6pm.

Legs / feet in pieces and by that point felt I’d hit my limit with the place.

I’m comfortable with the thought of only doing Friday - Sunday next time around but have a nagging in the back of my mind that perhaps it’s just time to knock it on the head.

Confused by how I feel due to how excited I’d been in the build up only for it not to 100% click.

Any others feeling the same?

I've not read through all the comments on here so apologies if this has already been said, but I think try not to be pressured into doing the festival a certain way (she says, definitely not taking her own advice...). There's a lot of pressure to be doing the most and be having the most fun all of the time for 5 days straight and sometimes that's not how it pans out. If you prefer to do 3 days rather than the full 5 and are comfortable with the cost then go for it, but don't chuck the towel in all together thinking that it's got to be all or nothing 🙂 x

• Upvote 1