Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

People are only talking about catching covid at the festival.  I think it's a relevant topic.  

If we close everything down that attracts a few nobs we wouldn't have much left in life. 

Anyway, hope you had a good festival 🙂 

The topic is relevant but these threads draw out the troll posters and the tone devolves as seen in the last few pages. 

13 minutes ago, Zampa said:

Well we should be on about 2 million deaths a day by now. We aren't. It's a load of old bollocks to control you and am surprised how many people have fallen for it. Especially Glastonbury types. 

The government are a bunch of tools who lie constantly, Covid yep let's believe them. Madness. 

180k deaths and plenty of people who have had long term health complications as a result of it, many of them previously healthy. I mean a colleague I am working with has had chronic fatigue since catching it in 2020.

Life had / has to return to normal, but playing the whole 'lets only look at deaths and nothing else' is just nonsense. Don't try and bury something under the carpet because you think it suits your narrative. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

well there is plenty of stuff which is more and less contagious you should probably be worried about spreading if you think testing for covid is important..

Do you think flu is less to worry about than covid in the grand scheme ?   A disease that literally kills millions ?  If its not covid its highly likely to be flu...  Dam even in the common cold isn't something you really want to give a vulnerable person.

My point isn't to go around spreading covid - my point is using a covid test as a green light to going out is really stupid - and so the test itself is pointless as you shouldn't be going out if ill full stop anyway.

I don't know if flu is worse than covid. And yes spreading flu isn't great either. Just because the tests might not be 100% accurate doesn't mean they're completely useless.

Are there tests for flu?

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Its all been a great example of how governments control people to the point they abandon all sense of reason and balance.  I just never thought it would take so long for people to reset back.   

It's also highlighted that our behaviour pre pandemic of 'going out or to work when ill' was probably pretty fucking stupid all along?

Literally no clue why you think people should be out and about when ill, regardless of COVID. 

7 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yeah you can test for flu - but they aren't generally available like covid ones.

Not saying the test are useless just the some of the logic being operated around them is.

You said " Testing made sense pre-vaccine and when people where shielding.  Not now...".
Now you're saying they're not useless. 

2 of our group of 5 have tested positive so far. 

I have a sore throat and runny nose but negative yesterday and today. 

People on this thread are being quite rude. If you don't want to test or think about Covid then I suggest you don't read (or post!) on a thread titled 'Hands up if you caught covid there?'. No one asked what your opinion on testing or Covid was - the point of the thread is to talk about whether you caught it. 

Edited by curlylocks88
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

EDIT: Hope you are well Barry and still wearing that mask.  I remember how passionate you was about that.

No I've not worn a mask since last year and have been to several festivals now/leading a normal life. Been jabbed 3 times.

I haven't thought about COVID since I had it late last year, but if I tested positive then no I would be avoiding people and not just pretending I didn't have it like some on here think is totally fine to do....

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Well yes for sure - if we haven't learnt anything it is this!

Well I don't ?   I never said that...

Its a balancing act in reality. 

If I felt like I had a cold I probably would treat the symptoms and avoid nan.
If I felt like I had the flu I probably be incapable of going out but if I could I would make it short and avoid nan.
If I felt like I had covid I probably be incapable of going out but if I could I would make it short and avoid nan.

I don't bother testing because its not going to change my behaviour and I find it illogical how someone could get a negative result and I think well don't need to bother then.

I think you are joining a few dots badly.  Its the knee jerk of expecting someone to be all in or all out with something.  Its more shades of grey than that.

I think you're the one joining the dots unnecessarily. Who said that if they feel ill but have had a negative covid test they're still going out as if they're not ill?

11 minutes ago, Lemon T-wig said:

I think you're the one joining the dots unnecessarily. Who said that if they feel ill but have had a negative covid test they're still going out as if they're not ill?

That's the point though...if you're not going to go out regardless, then what's the point of doing a test in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

That's the point though...if you're not going to go out regardless, then what's the point of doing a test in the first place?

Maybe they don't out because they've had a negative test?
My daughter called me this morning panicking as her bathroom was leaking. Having got back from Glastonbury she didn't feel great so took a test and it was positive. She was able to let the plumber know she had it and to keep out of his way while the plumber was there. Was it pointless her taking the test?

Just now, Lemon T-wig said:

My daughter called me this morning panicking as her bathroom was leaking. Having got back from Glastonbury she didn't feel great so took a test and it was positive. She was able to let the plumber know she had it and to keep out of his way while the plumber was there. Was it pointless her taking the test?

That's a completely different situation. Your previous comment was in relation to people who decide not to mingle (rightly so) after a negative test.  Would your daughter not still have kept out of the plumbers way if shes not feeling great if the test had been negative? 

I came back with symptoms of covid, did a test and it was negative but have stayed home until those symptoms have gone,

i'll isolate whether its covid or not but the fact there's a test available that can confirm if its that or not is useful, dont want to be passing covid/flu/common cold on to anyone, luckily i can work from home so other than not being able to go to the supermarket, it doesn't matter to me

I suppose my question is, what the fuck has it got to do with Barry the Fish or some other person whether I test or not.

Just like who I marry, what I identify as, what colour I am, what language I speak.

Its got absolutely fuck all to do with you, I don't come to your covid supporters club forums and preach about testing so why come hear spouting your opinion. No one is interested 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It seems the people desperate for ‘freedom’ are now not happy with some exercising that freedom via choosing to test. 

I haven't seen anyone suggesting that anyone should be stopped from testing if that's what they want to do. The logic is being questioned, but ultimately people can do what they like, that's what freedom is.

7 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

That's a completely different situation. Your previous comment was in relation to people who decide not to mingle (rightly so) after a negative test.  Would your daughter not still have kept out of the plumbers way if shes not feeling great if the test had been negative? 

She's a sensible person. She would probably have said she isn't feeling well and kept her distance.
What is it with all this negativity towards people who are trying to do what they believe to be the right thing? Seems that some people expect to be applauded for not caring. Or the crazy sneering for believing covid exists and the government conspiracies etc etc

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I haven't seen anyone suggesting that anyone should be stopped from testing if that's what they want to do. The logic is being questioned, but ultimately people can do what they like, that's what freedom is.

I didn’t say anything about people suggesting anyone should be stopped from testing, I just said it seems those people aren’t happy which is kinda correct going by your response.

If people feel the need to test themselves after Glastonbury like I’ve done as my friend has tested positive (or for any other reason) so what. 

16 minutes ago, Lemon T-wig said:

That's definitely the good middle ground between not caring at all and cancelling the plumber, which I think some around the country would actually do 

1 minute ago, Lemon T-wig said:

She's a sensible person. She would probably have said she isn't feeling well and kept her distance.
What is it with all this negativity towards people who are trying to do what they believe to be the right thing? Seems that some people expect to be applauded for not caring. Or the crazy sneering for believing covid exists and the government conspiracies etc etc

Precisely my point, she would have done that test or no test. I certainly don't claim covid doesn't exist!

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I didn’t say anything about people suggesting anyone should be stopped from testing, I just said it seems those people aren’t happy which is kinda correct going by your response.

If people feel the need to test themselves after Glastonbury like I’ve done as my friend has tested positive (or for any other reason) so what. 

You implied that some people have an issue with the freedom to choose to test, which isn't the case. Not for me anyway, can't speak for anyone else. Doesn't mean I see the logic, but I don't want to stop anyone doing what they want to do anymore than I want to force anyone else to do something they don't. Live and let live.