Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

7 minutes ago, Zampa said:

Sweet jesus, its not killing 50 plus people a day. 50 plus people a day are dying and when tested they are positive with COVID. COVID didn't kill them, their ill health did. I'll happily be called a troll for having a different opinion. All I can say is, stay at home, never leave and let us carry on with our lives. It's a sniffle, nothing more nothing less. 

Did you create an account to come onto this forum and spout crap?

I had COVID at the end of last year and it's not a 'sniffle' - this constant downplaying is just as nonsensical as overplaying it.

It's extremely dangerous for a lot of people and for most of us it will hit us reasonably hard. There are of course people who don't get it bad as well....

2 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

Grow up, you pathetic child. Nobody knows that I have it apart from me, my family, and my mates.

If I get sick, I'd like to know what I have. And I'd rather not just pass it around willy nilly if I can avoid doing so.

I'd suggest you are the child. Someone has a different opinion, you attack them. Like a 5 year old who isn't allowed a bag of Haribo. 

Now I don't give a flying fuck if you like to constantly test for COVID, but attacking people for thinking what a load of old bollocks it is, shows you the person you are. 

Tolerant but only if I agree. 

Have a look in a mirror. 

1 minute ago, Zampa said:

I'd suggest you are the child. Someone has a different opinion, you attack them. Like a 5 year old who isn't allowed a bag of Haribo. 

Now I don't give a flying fuck if you like to constantly test for COVID, but attacking people for thinking what a load of old bollocks it is, shows you the person you are. 

Tolerant but only if I agree. 

Have a look in a mirror. 

But what evidence do you have that it's a 'load of old bollocks'?

Your just being illogical for the sake of it. 

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Do we really need another Covid thread on the forums which are detailed by right wingers?

Looks like the best course of action would be to close this thread.

Weren’t you like the main poster in the shit thread? 

17 minutes ago, Zampa said:

Sweet jesus, its not killing 50 plus people a day. 50 plus people a day are dying and when tested they are positive with COVID. COVID didn't kill them, their ill health did. I'll happily be called a troll for having a different opinion. All I can say is, stay at home, never leave and let us carry on with our lives. It's a sniffle, nothing more nothing less. 

excess deaths...there have been a lot more people dying than usual during the outbreaks in last few years.

Before the thread gets shut down - what do we think the festival's response to this will be, if any? It's a bit of a PR nightmare putting forward a "post Covid party"...and shitloads of people getting covid at it. However expected it was to anyone with common sense, it's still not a good look in the general public's eyes. 

By response I mean practical measures for next year's, not an actual statement or anything like that. Maybe they'll want to be seen to do something about it, maybe not. Is there anything they can do?

Obviously "No response" is a valid answer to this, which is where I am on it but with the festival (and its attendees) being so socially responsible it does have a bit more a responsibility than the other festivals. I don't see the same potential headlines happening after Reading for example because you'd assume a lot less will test this year with a vastly different demographic and no free tests anymore (and less old tests knocking about about 2 months down the line)

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Before the thread gets shut down - what do we think the festival's response to this will be, if any? It's a bit of a PR nightmare putting forward a "post Covid party"...and shitloads of people getting covid at it. However expected it was to anyone with common sense, it's still not a good look in the general public's eyes. 

By response I mean practical measures for next year's, not an actual statement or anything like that. Maybe they'll want to be seen to do something about it, maybe not. Is there anything they can do?

they wont say anything. Why would they? What practical measures? You cant force people to wear a mask or social distance.

15 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Do we really need another Covid thread on the forums which are detailed by right wingers?

Looks like the best course of action would be to close this thread.

Close the thread, people with a different opinion to me are commenting. Fuck off Adolf. 

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

apart from that sky article there hasn't been much in the news. I expect nothing much will come from it...we are getting a wave of it at moment and there will be more waves and there will be other events over the summer where also get it spreading I'm sure. At moment we have a lot more immunity protecting most from serious illness, and there are other things to worry about...WW3, economic collapse and Love Island.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

they wont say anything. Why would they? What practical measures? You cant force people to wear a mask or social distance.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

The festival should just keep tight lipped.  Its not really on them to do anything.  They did everything the government asked them to do - which was nothing.

This is kind of what I'm hoping. I definitely didn't mean they say anything as a statement would be pointless. I mean more proof of negative test or something like that - they seem the type to even buy up loads of tests for people to use. Haven't heard anything of those 20 second saliva ones for a while (perhaps they didn't work in the end - to find that was a nice few billion £ or $ to some random company for nothing wouldn't surprise me...) but that's probably the only one that would have a remote chance of working I guess.

Just musing - I'm hoping continue as normal 

Had runs when I got home, then fever, now a persistent cough and feel crap- apart from the runs all stuff I usually get after a week of dehydration and battering my body and not eating properly- I don’t have any covid tests so haven’t and I’m off until Monday. Don’t think I’ve had covid as of yet but have been triple jabbed. I’m putting cough down to being round campfire most nights and the dust on site, any dry year is a nightmare for dust, never feel effects until almost home time

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Weren’t you like the main poster in the shit thread? 

One of them. We’ve had 2 of these threads and they always end up this way with trolls dominating so it feels like the best thing is for it to close.

The festival has just happened surely we can keep some of the festival spirit going a bit longer?

4 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Had runs when I got home, then fever, now a persistent cough and feel crap- apart from the runs all stuff I usually get after a week of dehydration and battering my body and not eating properly- I don’t have any covid tests so haven’t and I’m off until Monday. Don’t think I’ve had covid as of yet but have been triple jabbed. I’m putting cough down to being round campfire most nights and the dust on site, any dry year is a nightmare for dust, never feel effects until almost home time

you know what, possibly TMI but this was the best my stomach has been at any Glastonbury for years. Normally I smash down loads of whatever cider is on the main bars and feel pretty dodgy in the mornings and for a few days after, so maybe for some reason this new Brothers one agrees with me better as that's the only thing different for me this time - I ate the same and still drank loads. No real hangovers either. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

14 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Did you create an account to come onto this forum and spout crap?

I had COVID at the end of last year and it's not a 'sniffle' - this constant downplaying is just as nonsensical as overplaying it.

It's extremely dangerous for a lot of people and for most of us it will hit us reasonably hard. There are of course people who don't get it bad as well....

Did you respond just to be abusive. 

Should we live in fear for ever or just crack on? 

Yes people will die, they always do. This is no more dangerous than trying to cross the road. We have been sold bollocks by a government who shouldn't be believed. But Covid, yep let's trust them. 

the tories wont be shutting anything down as a result of this ... not sure why anyone thinks different ( if they do ) its down to individuals now to look out for others as best as they can .... hence a number of people still doing tests .... if we were that controlled by the govt we would have all stopped testing by now ..... fortunately we arent and people continue to look out for others as best they can whilst trying to return to as close to a previous normal as possible 

12 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

I had the squits first few days when I had covid..

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Obviously "No response" is a valid answer to this, which is where I am on it but with the festival (and its attendees) being so socially responsible it does have a bit more a responsibility than the other festivals. I don't see the same potential headlines happening after Reading for example because you'd assume a lot less will test this year with a vastly different demographic and no free tests anymore (and less old tests knocking about about 2 months down the line)

No response.  I don't think it was ever a post-covid party (post lockdowns maybe, for the lockdowns we've had, hopefully none in the future but who's to know?)  People went assuming there was a fair chance of catching covid (and many happy to do post-fest tests as demonstrated here), and there was already an upturn in cases in the couple of weeks prior to the festival.  Why is it the festival's fault or responsibility to lead on Covid?  They need to look after people as best they can, sure, but we're also at a point were people can largely make their own decisions.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zampa said:

Yes people will die, they always do. This is no more dangerous than trying to cross the road. We have been sold bollocks by a government who shouldn't be believed. But Covid, yep let's trust them. 

oh no, you said crack on.

19 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

But what evidence do you have that it's a 'load of old bollocks'?

Your just being illogical for the sake of it. 

Well we should be on about 2 million deaths a day by now. We aren't. It's a load of old bollocks to control you and am surprised how many people have fallen for it. Especially Glastonbury types. 

The government are a bunch of tools who lie constantly, Covid yep let's believe them. Madness. 

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

apart from that sky article there hasn't been much in the news. I expect nothing much will come from it...we are getting a wave of it at moment and there will be more waves and there will be other events over the summer where also get it spreading I'm sure. At moment we have a lot more immunity protecting most from serious illness, and there are other things to worry about...WW3, economic collapse and Love Island.

Give me the other two over that...(joking, obviously) 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

One of them. We’ve had 2 of these threads and they always end up this way with trolls dominating so it feels like the best thing is for it to close.

The festival has just happened surely we can keep some of the festival spirit going a bit longer?

People are only talking about catching covid at the festival.  I think it's a relevant topic.  

If we close everything down that attracts a few nobs we wouldn't have much left in life. 

Anyway, hope you had a good festival 🙂 

21 minutes ago, Zampa said:

yeah I've been crossing roads for 34 years and cycling on them and never been hit or had an accident. I've had COVID twice since 2020.