Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

my point is using a covid test as a green light to going out is really stupid - and so the test itself is pointless as you shouldn't be going out if ill full stop anyway.

I agree with this. Its concerning that so many think these tests are foolproof aswell when they're not. If I'm ill (as I am currently), I won't be going out because I feel crap. That's exactly how I would have behaved pre covid too, no test required.

12 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Since it's pretty certain Covid will still be around next year and we now know there is a very good chance of catching it at Glastonbury I take it all you socially responsible people who don't want to spread it to other, more vulnerable people won't be going next year.

What do you mean we 'now' know?

Do you mean in a post-festival oh what a surprise many people have caught covid I wasn't expecting that type way?

1 hour ago, Kurosagi said:

Yep, same symptoms and have a +ve test too. Brain feels on fire, which is odd, other symptoms are just like a bad cold though.

I work with vulnerable older people, clearly the boosters aren't holding up against this strain after 6 months so yes, to the dickhead above, I will be taking care to stop it spreading. And yes I would do that if I was negative and it was a bad flu for the same reasons, isn't that what being part of a community is all about?

In that case why test? Your behaviour hasn't changed regardless of the result?  

2 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

What do you mean we 'now' know?

Do you mean in a post-festival oh what a surprise many people have caught covid I wasn't expecting that type way?

"we now know" as in the people of this forum, there's a difference in a theoretical danger and a confirmed fact, the results on here make it clear there is a very real chance of getting it again next year (assuming it doesn't die off in the meantime) so people would be making their decision to go on a proven fact rather than a theoretical danger.

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its all been a great example of how governments control people to the point they abandon all sense of reason and balance.  I just never thought it would take so long for people to reset back.   Testing made sense pre-vaccine and when people where shielding.  Not now...

Two forms of science really came to age during the pandemic.  The new vaccine platforms are tremendous.  But the behavioural science people @ SPI-B have proven that science has come of ages.  Its terrifying really when you join the dots.

If they can manipulate what used to quite an anti state / government crowd like Glastonbury then Barbra down the road stood no chance.

I apologise for calling you a nob.  It must be absolutely terrifying to have to live within your head and I appreciate now that you are genuinely trying to help people.  I'm not sure what kind of help you need, but you have my sympathies.  Can anyone please offer suggestions for this (and others like him) poor person?

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I apologise for calling you a nob.  It must be absolutely terrifying to have to live within your head and I appreciate now that you are genuinely trying to help people.  I'm not sure what kind of help you need, but you have my sympathies.  Can anyone please offer suggestions for this (and others like him) poor person?

You clearly have no idea what he is talking about, do you know what SPI-B is?

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

bless - you can't debate or just does not know what I am talking about. 

Thanks for editing that - you nearly hurt my feels

I'm as susceptible to a 'nudge' as the next guy you know 😉 

Genuine question to people still religiously testing when it's just cold-like symptoms, when they have clinically vulnerable relatives to be looking after, why did you still attend the festival? Is that not deemed selfish? Tests aren't exactly reliable. A negative test can still be positive on a PCR. You can mitigate the risk as much as you like but still confused why everyone's so self-righteous on here despite all still attending and mixing with crowds.

16 minutes ago, p.pete said:

he's a prime twat.

This is a highly contagious virus, it is not as deadly as once was because the high level of immunity in the population, but it is still killing some, and the more people that have it, the higher that number that will be...but it isn't just that, it is the strain it has on all sorts of things with lots of people being off sick with it.

And apparently Glastonbury is full of anti state libertarians who just want to be free of all control...but also it is full of people who look out for each other, care about others, care about something called society. And that doesn't mean being pro lockdown, it means being careful when you have a particular virus, especially one as contagious as covid.

7 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

In that case why test? Your behaviour hasn't changed regardless of the result? 

So many people today fishing in a thread that is simply set up as a roll call.

You appear to be implying that my symptoms were 'bad flu' when they aren't. It can be hard at times to write both clearly and briefly on a fast moving thread.

So my apologies if you misunderstood, but if pedantry is your thing then you will always find a happy hunting ground here, go fill your boots.

5 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Genuine question to people still religiously testing when it's just cold-like symptoms, when they have clinically vulnerable relatives to be looking after, why did you still attend the festival? Is that not deemed selfish? Tests aren't exactly reliable. A negative test can still be positive on a PCR. You can mitigate the risk as much as you like but still confused why everyone's so self-righteous on here despite all still attending and mixing with crowds.

yeah, and why wear a rubber johnny.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You see it throughout history that when this mass population control is deployed it results in anyone going against it facing marginalisation and abuse.  Its happening here right on this thread. 

People need to wake up to what happened during the pandemic.  The science that was deployed to control them was powerful stuff.  There are regimes around the world who will be the same science to do countless awful things in the future.  Control isn't always good people.  Join the dots.  Its fucking important.  

We've already seen it with the likes of Trudeau freezing people's bank accounts for the "crime" of donating to a protest, but lots don't even know about that.

3 minutes ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Not COVID but deffo picked sumert up. Started with stomach ache late on Tuesday leading to the stuff I won't go into. Thought I was right and tried some tea last night only for it to start all over again. Two extra days off work though I suppose.

I had covid a few months ago and it started with 3 or 4 days of the shits...and then I tested positive and had a week of more normal covid symptoms. Not saying it's the same as you've just come back from Glastonbury and could have picked up godknowswhat...but just still look out for that...

1 minute ago, D-Low said:

I’ve taken a financial hit … my work sickness policy dictates I’m unpaid for the first 3 days of sickness … I won’t go back till I’m clear … I mix with lots of people in my workplace :… my choice was to go and let my hair down after 3 years of shit … and now I except the repercussions 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

So many people today fishing in a thread that is simply set up as a roll call.

You appear to be implying that my symptoms were 'bad flu' when they aren't. It can be hard at times to write both clearly and briefly on a fast moving thread.

So my apologies if you misunderstood, but if pedantry is your thing then you will always find a happy hunting ground here, go fill your boots.

Not at all, I was just asking a genuine question because it baffles me. Each to their own, people can test forever if they like, I was just trying to understand the logic.

Just now, Cream Soda said:

Not at all, I was just asking a genuine question because it baffles me. Each to their own, people can test forever if they like, I was just trying to understand the logic.

The logic is pretty simple it’s to protect others by doing a test that takes no more than 2 mins 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

The logic is pretty simple it’s to protect others by doing a test that takes no more than 2 mins 

But the poster wouldn't, I assume, mingle with anyone anyway while experiencing symptoms? (Rightly so), so what difference has the test actually made?

3 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

We've already seen it with the likes of Trudeau freezing people's bank accounts for the "crime" of donating to a protest, but lots don't even know about that.

Even worse, most don't want to know, they take their rights and freedoms for granted and don't want to even think about the possibility their governments are busy building a totalitarian state.

9 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Trying to balance living your life with risks? 

Why does anyone have an issue with someone doing a lateral flow before they go and see their loved ones? 

People just making a noise for no reason.

Just now, Barry Fish said:

And if negative what would you do next ? 

The accuracy is pretty good  . If I were negative and showed no symptoms I’d likely carry on …. But I’ve not mixed after Glastonbury as I know the chances would be high of catching it