Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

28 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Have a word with yourselves, many of you have got nothing but cold symptoms it sounds if that so why couldn't you just leave it at that? why on earth would you become part of the covid testing process again?  

My reason for testing is that my father in law is in his mid 70s and he's asthmatic. Do I have your permission to try to avoid giving him COVID? I feel really bad for not checking with you before.

• Upvote 2

I'm feeling pretty rough tbh, it's definitely not a typical festival comedown!

Have slept 15+ hours a day, lots of couging and feeling very dazed. Not much good for anything but lying in bed, watching TV and a bit of web browsing.

Really sucks - was looking forward to going on a health kick this week, instead I'm festering in bed!

35 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Not testing not going to test, not going to help perpetuate another mass panic and media sensationalising this (as they already are, thanks to all those testing for that) that will no doubt end in more restrictions, more freedoms lost and more livelihoods fucked including many in live music..

Have a word with yourselves, many of you have got nothing but cold symptoms it sounds if that so why couldn't you just leave it at that? why on earth would you become part of the covid testing process again?  

Was going to leave this alone, but what a completely irresponsible take. As several people remarked below, there are vulnerable people in our lives who would appreciate not contracting this virus as it's still killing 50+ people a day. 

Selfish attitude not to test, it's like sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending there's no problem, when there is still definitely a problem and it is still definitely killing people who would otherwise still be with us. A "festival cold" does not spread like wildfire and kill people. 

Really selfish.

(I await the troll-like responses with dread. )

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Not testing not going to test, not going to help perpetuate another mass panic and media sensationalising this (as they already are, thanks to all those testing for that) that will no doubt end in more restrictions, more freedoms lost and more livelihoods fucked including many in live music..

Grow up, you pathetic child. Nobody knows that I have it apart from me, my family, and my mates.

If I get sick, I'd like to know what I have. And I'd rather not just pass it around willy nilly if I can avoid doing so.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, warriormonk said:

I stay over at my mum's house at some point every week to make sure she's OK.  She is very frail and clinically vulnerable.  Covid may not kill me, but it is still dangerous to her. 

Covid is is so transmissible because is spreads before symptoms appear.  So I am taking tests to help protect my mum.

Caring for people you love.  Empathy.  Not being a dick. 

Does that explain why some people might still be 'part of the covid testing process?' 

yeah, I'll be visiting my mum and dad this weekend, boith over 90, and seeing lots of other family, some who have weakened immune systems, so I'd really rather not bring covid to the gathering.

Edited by steviewevie

43 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

dickhead.

All those testing to protect others absolute hero’s in my eyes …. Wether it be someone you know or someone you don’t that’s vulnerable in society , we have a tool we can use for covid at least . Nice one for being socially responsible and looking out for others . I choose my risk by going and getting covid … many others didn’t ….. anyways fortunately I don’t seem to have things too bad … cough has definately eased today a few night sweats last night hopefully an upward path from now 

41 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Doing a lateral flow test at home to see if you have COVID is not being part of any process, it's not being reported to anyone. It's just useful to know, so that you don't go round spreading a virus that is potentially still dangerous to some people, and many people have some spare tests lying around at home still, so why not?

Anyway, I have mild cold symptoms since yesterday and did a lateral flow test this morning, a very faint line appeared. So it seems I've caught it - as far as I know, for the first time! A couple of others in my group have it too.

God, covid debate really brings out the worst in people. 

It is fine to be angry with the media for sensationalising and creating fear and doom mongering. It is fine to be angry with the government for their mishandling of the pandemic and blatant corruption over the past 2 years handing multi million contracts to their mates. 

It is not fine to speak to people like shit and throw venomous or derogatory insults at them because they decided to take a covid test, or because they want to take precautions. 

• Upvote 5

Same shit different day.

Can you dickheads please start your own thread where you can lecture people about their misgivings in having a public conscience? Would be great to keep this one focused on who has caught COVID.

Cheers

Tested negative today so pretty sure I'm in the clear.  Bit annoying really, could have really done with another week off work to readjust to being in the real world again.

I don't see the problem with testing yourself.  It's not like people were picky about what they shoved up their nose over the festival so can't see why putting a swab up there causes so many issues

16 minutes ago, autoinflate said:

Have slept 15+ hours a day, lots of couging and feeling very dazed. Not much good for anything but lying in bed, watching TV and a bit of web browsing.

Yep, same symptoms and have a +ve test too. Brain feels on fire, which is odd, other symptoms are just like a bad cold though.

I work with vulnerable older people, clearly the boosters aren't holding up against this strain after 6 months so yes, to the dickhead above, I will be taking care to stop it spreading. And yes I would do that if I was negative and it was a bad flu for the same reasons, isn't that what being part of a community is all about?

Amazing that you can come back from a festival like glastonbury and not pick up on a single one of the 'we're all in this together' messages!

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

All those testing to protect others absolute hero’s in my eyes …. Wether it be someone you know or someone you don’t that’s vulnerable in society , we have a tool we can use for covid at least . Nice one for being socially responsible and looking out for others . I choose my risk by going and getting covid … many others didn’t ….. anyways fortunately I don’t seem to have things too bad … cough has definately eased today a few night sweats last night hopefully an upward path from now 

Glad it’s not been too bad and when this bout of Covid passes you can get back to living without having to worry about it any more. 

As should the vast majority of people under the age of 70. 

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Glad it’s not been too bad and when this bout of Covid passes you can get back to living without having to worry about it any more. 

As should the vast majority of people under the age of 70. 

that I will ...  I  feel fortunate... i did really need to get it to ease my concerns 

Yeah I've got it, as have a few of our group. Definitely worse than the usual festival comedown. Would rather test and know I have it so I can adjust my life slightly to make sure others don't get ill. If everyone did that it would actually lower the chances of a lockdown.

• Upvote 1

Since it's pretty certain Covid will still be around next year and we now know there is a very good chance of catching it at Glastonbury I take it all you socially responsible people who don't want to spread it to other, more vulnerable people won't be going next year.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Since it's pretty certain Covid will still be around next year and we now know there is a very good chance of catching it at Glastonbury I take it all you socially responsible people who don't want to spread it to other, more vulnerable people won't be going next year.

Dy0wls7WwAAgqA6.jpg

2 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Day 3. Symptoms significantly reduced. Expect to be up and about tomorrow. 

Sadly need to avoid daughter who is off inter-railing at the weekend.

Same boat here. Feel almost 100% today except slight cough and am back to work.

45 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Tested negative today so pretty sure I'm in the clear.  Bit annoying really, could have really done with another week off work to readjust to being in the real world again.

I don't see the problem with testing yourself.  It's not like people were picky about what they shoved up their nose over the festival so can't see why putting a swab up there causes so many issues

Negative test? A purple sharpie and you are sorted😉