Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

The conversation moved on from the thread title many pages ago. People abusing others for a different opinion is wrong, and yes I know that's how you wokies work, you hate been shown your own hypocrisy. 

Back to the original question. No I don't have COVID. 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, efcfanwirral said:

A poll would be interesting at the weekend, though could get used by media to make a negative point so might not actually do it. This thread is obviously quite leading and biased towards yes's 

Big group of us.  Zero care or precautions taken during the fest.  Nothing reported so far.

1 minute ago, Zampa said:

The conversation moved on from the thread title many pages ago. People abusing others for a different opinion is wrong, and yes I know that's how you wokies work, you hate been shown your own hypocrisy. 

Back to the original question. No I don't have COVID. 

And sometimes it needs a nudge back in that direction … if you weren’t about we had a thread that had many pages of that kind of discussion that became quite toxic …. We’ve also just come back from an amazing festival so let’s just enjoy the memories without argument and hope all those people that have it on this thread make a full recovery 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

And sometimes it needs a nudge back in that direction … if you weren’t about we had a thread that had many pages of that kind of discussion that became quite toxic …. We’ve also just come back from an amazing festival so let’s just enjoy the memories without argument and hope all those people that have it on this thread make a full recovery 

Fair play. Been reading for years but can't stand hypocrisy. Interestingly the toxic of the other thread was supplied by a similar mindset of people to this thread. 

Anyway I'm off to look in a mirror and know I'm right. 

If I'm not, at least I have another 6 months of free money and no work to look forward to. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Nobody wants your tedious debate, there was a whole thread for it. 

People just wanted to discuss the subject of the thread, but apparently you and Barry aren't getting enough attention so have to bore us all senseless. 

What you mean is you only want replies from people who are Pro testing etc ..you want an echo chamber as usual with your type....guess what mate, you don't control who posts what where, you don't like it don't reply to it...simples. 

The more testing that people do, the more "positive results" which means more unnecesary hysteria in the media and a return of restrictions, can't we just agree that it's a flu now and get on with our lives, i don't understand why people feel the urge to use one of those useless tests which turn positive with orange juice anyway. I've seen some people testing numerous times and saying I was fine until the 5th one that I did this morning lol. 

Started coughing loads last night so tested and got a positive result. Avoided it for the whole pandemic and it finally got me! I knew I'd be likely to catch it at Glasto so it's not massively unexpected.

Is it normal for the forums to get a bit more toxic after the festival? Is it post glasto blues? 

There's always been massive differences on the pandemic, the way it was handled, and the best courses of action going forward... Doesn't need to result in childish petty name calling, and slanging matches. 

@waterfalls21234 You were off about a couple of things... There were multiple methods used for recording death figures. the '28 day since test method,' as you mentioned, but also the 'mentioned on death certificate' method. This other method would have meant the death was signed off by a professional (Doctor etc) with Covid as a contributing factor, which I'm inclined to believe is more accurate. It also happens to be, as you pointed out, lower than the 28 day method.

Under both methods covid deaths did actually reach into four figures a day during the first 2 waves. Admittedly neither method is 100% accurate. 

@steviewevie Waterfalls is correct when he says that figures were inflated. It wasn't done with malice, but naturally there was no real way to measure it. Since Covid affected those with underlying issues more. If somebody with AIDS catches covid and dies, what did they die of? They would still have been alive if they hadn't caught covid... But they also would have been alive if they didn't have that underlying illness weakening their immune system. 

Look, what I'm trying to say is, chill the fuck out, both of you, there are no rights or wrongs, just different opinions, and that's fine... 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Nobody wants your tedious debate, there was a whole thread for it. 

People just wanted to discuss the subject of the thread, but apparently you and Barry aren't getting enough attention so have to bore us all senseless. 

In fact there were two threads, both have been shut down by the owner of this site, one of the most important topics in our lifetimes and he doesn't want it discussed, wonder why?

I have flu like symptoms. Won't be testing as there's no point, I won't be doing anything for a while anyway, including missing my grandmothers birthday celebrations today which I think is the sensible and common sense thing to do, whether its covid or anything else. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Is it normal for the forums to get a bit more toxic after the festival? Is it post glasto blues? 

There's always been massive differences on the pandemic, the way it was handled, and the best courses of action going forward... Doesn't need to result in childish petty name calling, and slanging matches. 

@waterfalls21234 You were off about a couple of things... There were multiple methods used for recording death figures. the '28 day since test method,' as you mentioned, but also the 'mentioned on death certificate' method. This other method would have meant the death was signed off by a professional (Doctor etc) with Covid as a contributing factor, which I'm inclined to believe is more accurate. It also happens to be, as you pointed out, lower than the 28 day method.

Under both methods covid deaths did actually reach into four figures a day during the first 2 waves. Admittedly neither method is 100% accurate. 

@steviewevie Waterfalls is correct when he says that figures were inflated. It wasn't done with malice, but naturally there was no real way to measure it. Since Covid affected those with underlying issues more. If somebody with AIDS catches covid and dies, what did they die of? They would still have been alive if they hadn't caught covid... But they also would have been alive if they didn't have that underlying illness weakening their immune system. 

Look, what I'm trying to say is, chill the fuck out, both of you, there are no rights or wrongs, just different opinions, and that's fine... 

he's still a nob.

55 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Is it normal for the forums to get a bit more toxic after the festival? Is it post glasto blues? ... 

Not sure about toxic, but it can often be quite mardy, yes. Complaints about crowds, changes to the site  acts who didn't cut the mustard, etc  often dominate for the first few days afterwards.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

he's still a nob.

And you still haven't given me any argument other then Insults. So I'm going to tell you politely to 'go fuck yourself' and yes this is a glasto forum but it's morons like this who will accept and even applaud the country being dragged into another lockdown before long just as they did last time and even praise the government for taking our freedoms  based on the bullshit sage were 'predicting' and no doubt will again when the attention is off them for a bit. 

There are some things more important then Glastonbury. And the moronic and exaggerated needlessy response to covid perpetuated and applauded by these people we will feel the impacts off for decades. I have zero patience with those who still want to spread the fear around and do their best to ensure normal life still only feels like a temporary thing that's going to be taken away again ... It's that simple 

Edited by waterfalls21234

7 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

And you still haven't given me any argument other then Insults. So I'm going to tell you politely to 'go fuck yourself' and yes this is a glasto forum but it's morons like this who will accept and even applaud the country being dragged into another lockdown before long just as they did last time and even praise the government for taking our freedoms  based on the bullshit sage were 'predicting' and no doubt will again when the attention is off them for a bit. 

There are some things more important then Glastonbury. And the moronic and exaggerated needlessy response to covid perpetuated and applauded by these people we will feel the impacts off for decades. I have zero patience with those who still want to spread the fear around and do their best to ensure normal life still only feels like a temporary thing that's going to be taken away again ... It's that simple 

it was a pandemic. They happen.

2 hours ago, Zampa said:

From what I can see, the only people not abusing others are the grown ups who can see COVID for what it is, a load of old crap. How you lefties believe this crap but totally disbelieve anyone in government is mental. The arseholes in charge have constantly lied to us, yet COVID, we must believe them. 

Yeah because those people I know who were otherwise healthy just magically died. Good to know you're there correcting the facts and saying it's a load of old crap and actually they're still alive. 

When I was at Charli xcx in ally pally the other day someone behind me was saying how his bestie was in the tropical diseases ward after catching monkey pox and he’d seen them a few days prior. I must admit, I did scooch a few places to the right 😂

Edited by GeezLouise

A mate of mine has tested positive today after the festival. I camped in the tent with him but I tested negative today. I had COVID 6 weeks ago so hopefully the immunity will hold!

I’ll still do some tests for a few days though just to be sure. 

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

What you mean is you only want replies from people who are Pro testing etc ..you want an echo chamber as usual with your type....guess what mate, you don't control who posts what where, you don't like it don't reply to it...simples. 

This is a thread where people say they do or don't have it, which is fine by most contributors. 

If you want a thread about whatever interests you then create one and fill your boots.