Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

First sorry for your loss...

But the logic still fails because unless your brother and nephew are in constant isolation the chances of them avoiding an endemic virus while 1 in 40 people have is practically next to none.  You surely can't test every time you get.small cough.

Look guys its clear I am in a minority here - I am just genuinely shocked to see testing continuing to this level.  thats what stuck me.  I will move on.

Is that a promise Barry? 

Because some of us have had enough of "experts that have done their own research with their eyes".

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If you stop replying... I've had enough of people who seemed to some how still not understand where we are rather than where we was...

You have opinions. We get it. You're entitled to them. 

Understand some people have lost people. Some people have Long Covid and some people are still actively avoiding it for their own reasons. 

I know you think it's over. Good for you. But if I were you I'd try to be a bit more sensitive.

And telling me to stop replying when you've already said yourself you were going to stop going on about it is, frankly a bit rich. Head - wobble time.

Had a few tests left over, kept a few to be sure I’m safe around elderly family. Just tested positive now, fully jabbed up and only a cough and general post-festival tiredness for now so fingers crossed!

Hope the rest of you are feeling okay!

One of my friends has to test for work, negative last night but developed a temperature overnight, negative at 7.30 am, positive by 9.30. We shared a tent and a car. I have been hoarse since Friday night (blamed it on dust, smoke, singing etc) tested negative twice today. Would like to know if I’ve had it 

How many of you lot cheered Greta and claim to do your bit for the world. But then scurry home and constantly use single plastic pointless ltf tests and disposable masks? All because you think it’s in the name of the greater good. That imo is a head wobble moment. Utter madness. 

3 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

One of my friends has to test for work, negative last night but developed a temperature overnight, negative at 7.30 am, positive by 9.30. We shared a tent and a car. I have been hoarse since Friday night (blamed it on dust, smoke, singing etc) tested negative twice today. Would like to know if I’ve had it 

Why ? So you can wear a “ive had covid” badge or something? 

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Because my sister has cancer and is vulnerable.  If I’m ill I stay away. I‘m not ill but as a close contact over the previous five days I could be asymptomatic and be a risk to her and so I test before I see her if that’s ok with you. 

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You think I haven't lost people ?    Its all besides the point on what we do now.

If you keep replying I will keep replying - give your own head a wobble.

It will never be over - the virus is endemic.  You need to know what that means.

It's a very paid troll account behaviour to insist on having the last word but I'm bored now and you're clearly a bit of a weirdo. 

3 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Because my sister has cancer and is vulnerable.  If I’m ill I stay away. I‘m not ill but as a close contact over the previous five days I could be asymptomatic and be a risk to her and so I test before I see her if that’s ok with you. 

These people just don't care. 

I'm beginning to think they are paid trolls. Let's just ignore them. They thrive on the oxygen and attention. 

I wish you and your sister the very best. 

• Like 1

Just got home and tested positive for the first time. Started to feel a bit rough at Turnstile (John Peel stage after Diana Ross on the Sunday). Felt too ill to drive home in the crowds on Monday so slept another night in my campervan and drove home today (Tuesday). 
My sister was fine but then got the vomiting bug overnight Monday.

Haven’t read the whole thread but seems a lot of people have caught it. A poll to see the proportion that have and haven’t caught it would be interesting 

40 minutes ago, petewh said:

Haven’t read the whole thread but seems a lot of people have caught it. A poll to see the proportion that have and haven’t caught it would be interesting 

I thought the same from an interest perspective but we'd better be confident the majority would say they hadn't caught it or it could give the media some ammunition/a pretty damning headline if there were a decent nunber of responses - the industry doesn't need that sort of attention right now while trying to get back on its feet alongside a far from guaranteed future. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

How many of you lot cheered Greta and claim to do your bit for the world. But then scurry home and constantly use single plastic pointless ltf tests and disposable masks? All because you think it’s in the name of the greater good. That imo is a head wobble moment. Utter madness. 

3 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I do care...  

But that doesn't mean I want to pander to a lack of logic and this constant fear and obsession with covid and testing isn't without other costs.  

You are both utter fuckwits and bellends. How is anyone taking a few extra precautions because they have vunerable people in their lives a lack of logic or madness? Its just common decency and somehting alot people would have to do with or without covid.

• Upvote 5

Although we tested negative yesterday morning, I am not at 100% (yes that's normal) but my partner has now cold symptoms and had a 39 degrees temperature yesterday evening, so I'm working from home today and will check again tomorrow. It's not worth taking risks - she said after spending the festival cozying up to 200 k people.

You have been in close proximity to thousands of people there are 100 different airborne viruses you could have caught. And yes a lot of them (even the common cold) can be dangerous to vulnerable people so why the emphasis on covid? People go 'oh but cases are rising!' in a hysterical way but they fail to mention that a lot of these viruses rise and fall all the time in the number of cases nationwide....the difference is we don't track anything but covid so we don't see it with anything else or panic over it with anything else! It's all about perspective. I haven't tested for months, I'm not going to test, I'm not living my life in fear anymore and I'm certainly not going to be surprised if after attending a festival with so many people for a week at a time if I come home and feel a bit rough for a bit ....I bet you people feel this every single year and yet noone worried other years.... vulruable people around them or not ..so why now? Oh that's right fear of covid has been drummed in like a nail hasn't it? It's hysteria like this that will be used to justify another fucking lockdown this winter and return to masks and all that shite and I for one won't be going along with any of it if it does, you cannot live your life in fear! 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, LondonTom said:

You are both utter fuckwits and bellends. How is anyone taking a few extra precautions because they have vunerable people in their lives a lack of logic or madness? Its just common decency and somehting alot people would have to do with or without covid.

But they wouldn't but for the covid hysteria that's the point....let me ask you? vulnerable people can be at risk of serious illness from any number of viruses.....so before covid if you had a cold etc or even a touch of the flu but had to go out did you wear a mask to protect these people? No? No because noone did! Even when covid first came out noone wore a mask and they weren't worried about protecting people....it's only when we were 'told to' and it was enforced that everyone started doing so, so quit the virtue signalling please. 

21 hours ago, sinhala said:

Me too !

Got stuck at Gate C Sunday morning for an hour trying to get in. Stewarding was appalling. Just a mad throng of a crush. It was hot & very uncomfortable. Then spent an hour watching Herbie Hancock and started to feel unwell. Went to Acoustic stage and just lay on the ground listening to Glenn Tilbrook (who was excellent BTW). Was burning up and convinced I had heatstroke / sunstroke. Felt really rough getting up early Monday to make an early dart.

Did a test when I got home - it's Positive.

First positive test for me. The red line came up just seconds after filling the tester.

Sorry you got covid… I was a gate organiser on C for the opening shift and we were getting through 160-200 ppm. The problem is everyone arriving at the same time and queuing all night. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

No Covid in out house but my wife had a 24-hour sickness bug. Did this happen to anyone else? We’re not sure if it might have been some food or just one of those things.

According to someone I spoke to who was working in Medical, Norovirus was doing the rounds as well.