Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Well my point is...

Surely the test is pointless ?  If you have a vulnerable relative then regardless of the test result you are not going to go visit them if you feeling ill ?  or are you ?

You said I need to wobble my head but your logic seems flawed.  and we now have the shocking crime of beers not bought.

I mean you surely spent enough time on the shit thread to know that having it with little / no symptoms exists ? So a test would be sensible if you were to be doing this ? It’s a test that’s available and not hugely expensive … which might   Prevent someone that has to avoid such things getting it … we don’t have available tests for flu so obviously we can’t test for that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

I’ve been pinged 5 times today by the NHS Covid app…..I didn’t even know that was still a thing 🤣

Same! I vaguely thought it had been turned off. 

Prompted me to get a test as I do feel a bit ropey - negative so must just be the dust & post-festival lethargy. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Most people are testing here with symptoms...

Testing full stop is madness in a post-vaccine world but testing without symptoms in a post vaccine world should see you committed 🙂  It endemic now - its unavoidable.

It’s also avoidable giving it to someone that isn’t able to have the joys of events like Glastonbury… so what is so wrong with doing a quick test to avoid giving it to such people … I get that some ( me included now ) have taken that chance with it but others aren’t in such a position … and still having to hide from it 

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Testing full stop is madness in a post-vaccine world but testing without symptoms in a post vaccine world should see you committed 🙂  It endemic now - its unavoidable.

I live with a vulnerable elderly relative. A friend I see three or four times a week has multiple sclerosis.  

You are an absolute fucking moron at times.

4 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

If I carry on though you know this will just become another shit thread so I will stop and behave myself 😛

How did you even know this thread existed? Within a minute of it starting you were posting your nonsense. 

Do you have email alert set up for whenever someone mentions Covid on this forum?

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I mean you surely spent enough time on the shit thread to know that having it with little / no symptoms exists ? So a test would be sensible if you were to be doing this ? It’s a test that’s available and not hugely expensive … which might   Prevent someone that has to avoid such things getting it … we don’t have available tests for flu so obviously we can’t test for that 

To be fair asymptomatic flu spread is also a thing, although much less likely and they recommend you don’t go swimming for two weeks after having norovirus but I bet most people had never heard of the latter and nobody tests for flu unless they’re ill and we managed in the past.

I know Covid has been a big deal for you and Glastonbury was an even bigger deal in more ways than one but the truth is you can’t avoid it forever and there’s a very high likelihood when you do get it, it’ll be completely fine but probably a bit unpleasant for a few days and then replace the previous “worst thing I’ve ever had”* 

I also thought that since Omicron came along, although it’s milder for most people, it’s also less likely for people to be asymptomatic. Could be wrong but I’m sure I’ve read that a few times. So people still testing themselves without symptoms probably need to be a bit careful they don’t end up falling down an OCD rabbit hole for life. 

*I’m generalising there I have no idea what your medical history is. 

25 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I had a very slight cough this morning so thought it sensible to do a covid test this morning in view of that, and the stories of infections at Glasto this year, and the fact that I was supposed to be scattering my Mums ashes tomorrow (who died of Covid) with my clinically vulnerable brother (primary cardio myopathy) and nephew (Chrohn's). Thank god I did, it was just a slight cough and something I wouldnt have bothered about normally as the cough is so slight at the moment. I would never have forgiven myself had I not done the pointless test this morning

8 minutes ago, BobWillis2 said:

To be fair asymptomatic flu spread is also a thing, although much less likely and they recommend you don’t go swimming for two weeks after having norovirus but I bet most people had never heard of the latter and nobody tests for flu unless they’re ill and we managed in the past.

I know Covid has been a big deal for you and Glastonbury was an even bigger deal in more ways than one but the truth is you can’t avoid it forever and there’s a very high likelihood when you do get it, it’ll be completely fine but probably a bit unpleasant for a few days and then replace the previous “worst thing I’ve ever had”* 

I also thought that since Omicron came along, although it’s milder for most people, it’s also less likely for people to be asymptomatic. Could be wrong but I’m sure I’ve read that a few times. So people still testing themselves without symptoms probably need to be a bit careful they don’t end up falling down an OCD rabbit hole for life. 

*I’m generalising there I have no idea what your medical history is. 

Can’t disagree and it’s time for me to move on … I’m just aware some aren’t able to at this moment so some thought also needs to be given to them 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

First sorry for your loss...

But the logic still fails because unless your brother and nephew are in. constant isolation the chances of them avoiding an endemic while 1 in 40 people have is practically next to none.

Not really, the chances of me having it weren't significantly higher than one in 40 werent they, having been to Glastonbury where there appears to be a lot of infections and a lot of people in tents in close proximity for long periods of time, and having a slight cough means my chances of having covid are significantly higher than most 'normal' people and my chances of spreading it to family members who I know to be clinically very vulnerable are even higher as I will be having a higher level of personal contact with them and for a longer time

9 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

No you misunderstand...  1 in 40 people have covid right now in the UK...  That is the current prediction.  So for every 40 people someone walks past they are likely to come across the virus.   So testing and isolation is a fruitless activity unless the people are shielding - then there would be some point to it.

No I didn't misunderstand at all. I know what the 1 in 40 means. But if you walked past a group of people who all went to Glastonbury and all came back with a slight cough, I would guess one in in 10 (or one in 5) would have covid. Then if all of these people spent a prolonged period of time with vulnerable people then the chances of them infecting those vulnerable people will be quite high.

Genuinely interested to know,  would have you done a covid test based on what I said earlier?

Edited by dingbat2

My NHS app has been pinging me all day. I took a test just now, and I'm showing positive. 😞

Was moshing at Amyl, Yard Act and Sports Team. Hope everyone.elese is ok. X

I've tested positive (not a strong line on it) about and hour ago after feeling progressively worse as the days gone on. I put it down to to just feeling a bit like you do after a festival. Hope it doesn't get much worse.. 

3 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

You’ve still got that stupid NHS app? 🙄

I guess I'm not the only one, or it would not have picked up the recorded positive testing. I've only got a sore throat, and sniffles, so I would probably not have tested myself if it were not for the app.

Had mild symptoms last night, test negative.   Just done another test - positive.  I've managed to avoid COVID until now, but to be honest I was kind of expecting to catch it at Glastonbury. 

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I find it even more interesting that the only three people in the country who still have that stupid app installed actually turned up at Glastonbury to cause it too ping 😛   what was the chances of that 😛 

People still allowing that nonsense to control their lives absolutely baffles me.