Hands up if you caught Covid there?

e_p

3 minutes ago, howlin_pete said:

I felt awful yesterday (fever and aching all over) and tested positive this morning. Several others in the group have cold symptoms but no one else has had a positive test. Maybe there was another bug going around? 

Almost certainly will be multiple things going round - back in previous festivals it was always relatively normal to come back with a cold.

we spent a lot of time outside, jsut naturally, so it's the shuttle buses I'd say were most likely for us.

Felt rubbish on Sunday, thought it was the normal dusty/no sleep/too old Glasto cold, turns out it isn't. Tested positive this morning, yes same for me, feels like a bad head cold, sore throat and sniffles. Also 1st time getting it.

Edited by midlifecrisis

1 minute ago, s30foster said:

Have felt lethargic the last 2 days however thought it was just the usual Glasto come down. Tested a few mins ago and positive. First time having Covid too - altho kind of expected to get it there! 

Snap 👆 Only symptom so far is a groggy throat, but I've had that since Friday morning and it's usually cleared up after a few drinks and warming the voice up etc. Touch wood it doesn't get much worse.

1 hour ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Just had a NHS notification from the app…haven’t tested as currently in a spa hotel and probably won’t unless we get symptoms. 

If its the proximity one you'll more likely have been outside at the time and probably not directly next to the person 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

can take a few days to show .... by friday we will all know if we escaped it at Glastonbury or not 

A poll would be interesting at the weekend, though could get used by media to make a negative point so might not actually do it. This thread is obviously quite leading and biased towards yes's 

This is all part of the healing process and learning to live with covid. These mass transmission events lead to more natural immune responses as well as normalising it as a circulating illness. 

So many people in here saying they have it, but not one persons seems overly concerned or worried about it... This is great. 🙂 

29 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

This is all part of the healing process and learning to live with covid. These mass transmission events lead to more natural immune responses as well as normalising it as a circulating illness. 

So many people in here saying they have it, but not one persons seems overly concerned or worried about it... This is great. 🙂 

I’m worried about it until I have it tbh … don’t know how I’ll respond … but I guess this is all part of ‘living with it ‘ please be responsible and look out for those around you … especially those who can’t make these decisions still ( not directed at you ) 

46 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I agree to an extent, but we are still at the stage where we are morally likely to cancel things as a result of it.

I've an incredibly mild cold (positive test though), and I'll potentially be missing Olivia Rodrigo in Dublin on Thurs.

Whereas I had a heavier cold around 2 months ago and still went to football matches, restaurants, etc as I knew it wasn't covid.

I don't feel we can 'live with it' until the stigma of having it has gone sadly.

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m worried about it until I have it tbh … don’t know how I’ll respond … but I guess this is all part of ‘living with it ‘ please be responsible and look out for those around you … especially those who can’t make these decisions still ( not directed at you ) 

Same goes for any illness bud... I'm not about to be reckless with the flu and start mixing with older folk and those with a suppressed immune system people... I'm going to do my best not to pass it onto anybody, never mind those at risk. 

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

I agree to an extent, but we are still at the stage where we are morally likely to cancel things as a result of it.

I've an incredibly mild cold (positive test though), and I'll potentially be missing Olivia Rodrigo in Dublin on Thurs.

Whereas I had a heavier cold around 2 months ago and still went to football matches, restaurants, etc as I knew it wasn't covid.

I don't feel we can 'live with it' until the stigma of having it has gone sadly.

I would think so too, living with it doesn't mean willingly spreading it.

You wouldn't go to a gig with a nasty flu and spread that around would you?