Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

The Crumble Shack smashed it again, got a couple of visits out of me. No Bones Jones always up there as well, their platter this year was delicious.

Worst was a crumpet place near the Park. Advertised giant crumpets, what I actually got was one and a half standard shite crumpets with a scrape of peanut butter. That was a bit shit. Made up for it straight after with a cup of tea and proper pb on toast from Tea and Toast.

Peckish Peacock pakoras weren't great this year. Quite claggy, and the spice mix just didn't hit. Bit disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fake Encore said:

I think I am in the minority but, the Yorkie Food Stall. Yorkshire, Mash, Crackling, Pork, Peas & Gravy.

Expensive at £14 but, that sorted my Sunday right out.  Could not fault it.

That was best for me massive huge portions loads of pork fed me entire day.  Sauage added in  I got it after sea girls about 115 sunday so maybe helped it was all fresh early in the day. 

Burrito near West holts also good

Worst 

Breakfast baguette at top of paines ground field.  

Burger&Beyond was quality. Going to London this weekend and might go again. Had my usual Kedgeree from Goan Fish Curry. Slightly lacked salt but still enjoyed it with the green chilli sauce on. Couple of Annie Mae's when only stodge would do but as usual I'm regretting not eating more. Too much focus on drink. That's going to change though.

15 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This was the place for anyone unsure...

Screenshot_20220627-231109_Instagram.jpg

For all the comments about this place if I see it at Tramlines I've got to try it. I dont mind paying out for food either if its good quality. Went to see The Music reunion show at Temple Newsam over the jubilee weekend. Payed a tenner for some salt and chill chicken strips that came with salt and pepper fries underneath and crispy onions and curry sauce over the top, was amazing. 

The Crackling Nuts stall in Williams Green was good, nice ice cream pots.

Meal wise, ended up just choosing the shortest queues when we needed to eat. Only afterwards you reflect and think how chill you were about handing over thirty quid for two burgers and fries ... 

Plenty of decent coffee this year too. 

Best: Persian kebab place near BBC Introducing. I had chicken, mates had beef, rated as very tasty by everyone.

Worst: Chapati wrap thing near Williams Green. Tasty but bread was dry and small portion.

Honourable mention: Pasty, chips and beans I got for a £5 at 3:30am near BBC Introducing; not high quality but a bargain and hit the spot.

16 hours ago, kraken_89 said:

Maybe it’s because I live in Bristol and we have great food vendors here, but I thought the food at Glasto was bang average. Didn’t have anything impressive at all. 

People on here always go on about how great the food is there, I don’t understand that at all. 

Went to Wing's Diner in Bristol on the way home and had their Korean chicken burger (also a couple of their wings). Bloody hell that's a tasty chicken burger (wings were fantastic as well, but I couldn't eat any more!). 

18 minutes ago, tazbang said:

Best: Persian kebab place near BBC Introducing. I had chicken, mates had beef, rated as very tasty by everyone.

Worst: Chapati wrap thing near Williams Green. Tasty but bread was dry and small portion.

Honourable mention: Pasty, chips and beans I got for a £5 at 3:30am near BBC Introducing; not high quality but a bargain and hit the spot.

Was the Persian place called Open Sesame?  If so, they're local, from Frome and I agree, awesome food!

Worst: Paella on WG was atrocious. 

Best: Annie Mac Kayne Western.  I dream of this dish!  However, they needed to sort out their timings of having new batches constantly ready to go.  Went twice and had to wait 15-20mins each time for it to cook.

Edited by Glast0baby
Typo

Best: as mentioned by others, jerk fried chicken with jerk fries, mango aioli and jerk bbq at west holts was unreal. Also shout to the indian place next to the new orleans place at WH, chicken tikka on indian salad was really tasty snd the goodness I needed on Sunday.

Worst: pizza at the bottom of the park on wednesday, queue's were awful everywhere and I was starving by that point.

Also felt like queue's were a lot worse this year for food, found the food stalls around WH / green peace and that side were generally better quality than the main stages side. I think this is standard but I'd kinds forgotten.

IMG20220626140037.jpg

IMG20220626143052.jpg

Best: Club Mexicana - Proper vegan Mexican food, just opposite the Left Field. It was unbelievably tasty, large, and great value for money. All direct from the menu of their London restaurant, at the same normal restaurant price. They even embraced their Left Field location with "Tacos not Tories" and "Burrito not Boris" food packaging, a nice extra touch. They cleared the queue quickly, and were having a great time dancing and singing to their radio too. Wonderful.

Honourable mention: Vegan Vice - Amazing vegan burgers, wings and loaded fries. Between Left Field and West Holts. The people running the stall were admittedly totally wasted, and openly drinking the whole weekend, so the service was on the slow side. But I kind of loved the good vibe, and found the ticket caller on both visits to be completely hilarious to watch. And the food was worth it.

Worst: Some mac and cheese place by the Glade. £8 for a tiny portion. I had the vegan option, but my non vegan friend was equally disappointed with his regular cheese "loaded" one for £10, which was even smaller than mine as they had to leave room for the dismal toppings. Mac and cheese is cheap to make, why make such tiny portions? It was bland and we both regretted choosing it.

Didn’t have a bad meal, was quite lucky

best food I had was a burrito at the other stage, £10 and was excellent, ate there twice, £5 Hot Dog at the theatre field opposite the astrolab tent, excellent, nachos in the same field and as had been said here already, the kebab from  kebab cartel 👌

Best: we misread the sign at a place that did warm cookie dough and crepes by BBC Introducing, thinking they did warm cookie dough crepes. We weren't the only people, as that weekend they had birthed the "Johnny Depp Mega Crepe" . Despite the unfortunate name, it was exceptional. 

Worst: Only Jerkin'. I have eaten here loads in Brum, think it might have just been an unfortunate double seasoning issue but it was so salty it was inedible. 

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Between Williams Green and the Pyramid? Yes, me too! Delicious chips and tender chicken with just the right amount of heat. 

That's the one, was quite expensive but the full box with guacamole was sooo good I had it twice. I don't normally go back to places more than once cause I like to try new things but I couldn't turn that down. Even the coleslaw was delicious. 

I didn't eat much bad stuff to be honest.

Some of the best...

- The Cheese Truck between the Pyramid and San Remo - gorgonzola, pear chutney and bacon toastie was incredible. Toasties possibly my new favourite festival food?

- Krapow - next to The Cheese Truck by Pyramid and San Remo. Really nice Thai fried chicken/chips combo.

- Le Rac Shack - at the back of the Pyramid field. Sausage poutine always up there for me. Still a masterpiece.

Only disappointment for me was Only Jerkin'. For full disclosure, I've been a huge fan of theirs for years, but something was well off with this one. No jerk gravy? Really dry and very salty. If you ever see them at another festival, give them a go - usually so so good.

Didn't eat it but plenty of mates did... WHY do people get the giant yorkies? Absolute toilet scran.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

Best: MFC Mexican Fried Chicken... good portion, both their hot sauces packed with flavour.. lime slaw was perfect and the chicken was out of this world crispy! 

Honourable Mention: Loaded fries place by WH stage.. had once around midday Thursday and was fantastic. Had at 3am Sunday  morning and way too much cheese sauce for me, but all in all a good find!

Worst: Crumpet place by Arcadia/Park junction... just overpriced for 1.5 crumpets (just give us two!!!)

All in all though my foodie experience this year was top notch!