Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

The Vegan Fried Chicken place was ace. Also enjoyed, as always, No Bone Jones.

Best cup of tea on site? The Masala Chai from the little tent by the Tipi Field - The   Beloved Arms. Also great vegan cake and lovely staff.

Still quite hard to get a decent of lager on site - The Elephant had great San Miguel and I got a pint of Carlsberg Export from somewhere. Other than that, slim picking.

• Upvote 1

had some really nice meals over the festival, although can't remember half the food outlet names..

VFC was pretty good near the Bread & Roses, even for a meat eater the burger tasted great.
Rotisserie half chicken with potatoes, gravy and stuffing near williams green was great. Also the wood fired pizza place at williams green was also very nice. 
Had some pretty nice noodles from the other stage, it was to the left handside of the 5 somosas place.

I didn’t buy anywhere near as much food as normal because of queues but as always really enjoyed The Gravy Train Poutine. 

I didn’t really have anything that was bad but often had some slightly more boring options because they had less of a queue. 

I had this from a place called Bunny something or other I think it was - by Other/Silver Hayes - South African street dish apparently.  Half a loaf filled with hot chilli, a dollop of sour cream and a garlic crouton. Long drops were hard work the next day but decent portion for £10

0B8E9D80-32BB-48C3-989F-2764DEA6256C.jpeg

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Isaact said:

Worst - salt beef bagel around the corner from west holts.

Just slices of roast beef with zero salt in an uncooked bagel. 

Only ate a quarter, it was absolutely rancid.

I was expecting proper norf London thickarse salt beef, and got rubbery strips. Unimpressed for £11. Should’ve looked at other peoples servings really 

19 minutes ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I had this from a place called Bunny something or other I think it was - by Other/Silver Hayes - South African street dish apparently.  Half a loaf filled with hot chilli, a dollop of sour cream and a garlic crouton. Long drops were hard work the next day but decent portion for £10

I'm not whether that would be from a binding perspective (carb load) or fizzy arse gravy perspective (chilli).

Sorry for lowering the tone. I attended with WaterAid where conversations are never far away from folks bowel movements.

I loved the little pots of sushi rice, chicken pickled veg and kimchi from around the bandstand area. Also the crispy duck wraps. Had to finish off Sunday with a Goan fish curry which was superb. One gripe and not because the food was bad was the bad organisation in the Tea Bus. Appreciate they are very busy though.

I can’t remember the name but there was a taco place (pink sign) on the JP side of the main markets (I think!) which did spicy belly pork tacos which were absolutely amazing.. I had them twice.

They were next to another BBQ wrap place which was also amazing according to friends who ate there. 

I got a burrito on the way to JP from like BBC introducing (Mexico Joes i think based off card statement) which was fantastic, incredibly filling for £9.50. By getting some breakfast stuff from the co-op and not buying a single drink all festival i spent a grand total of ~ £80 inside the gates!

12 hours ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Bunny Chow maybe

8 hours ago, kraken_89 said:

Maybe it’s because I live in Bristol and we have great food vendors here, but I thought the food at Glasto was bang average. Didn’t have anything impressive at all. 

People on here always go on about how great the food is there, I don’t understand that at all. 

I think this year was less impressive than previous years for me. A little less variety (how many MC and Cheese and burger stands do we really need?), some losses etc. By "prepping"  a bit, reading discussions here for example, always checking out what punters get from a stand before buying, etc you can keep it great. But yes, it's not a wonderland where you can just pick the first stall you see and be amazed.

This is the first year I went fully vegetarian, vegan if you don't count a cheese slip up and the crumble shack. I had wonderful food.

The queues for food seemed way longer this year and I refused to queue that much - so this had an impact on my food choices this year

Worst - Jerk Chicken between pyramid and Williams green.. perhaps I caught them at the wrong time but the chicken was dry

Honorable mentions..

Caribbean Fried Chicken on West Holts

Katsu - Chicken Katsu - maybe between Greenpeace / west holts?