Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

15 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I wasn't a fan of the pies... Cheap chip shop pies and anemic, undercooked, skinny fries instead of real chips. 

Such a shame when there are some quality pies out there at catering suppliers now. And it has to be mash or chunky chips with a pie!

You need to try Pietanic, peak pies with real mash

15 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

We had a great pie at a place across from the Astrolabe. Came with skin on mash. 

That'd be Pietanic!  A staple of Digbeth Dining Club

• Like 1

Best:

Cauliflower cheese pie and chips (can't remember the name of the stall) - near the cider bus

Goan fish curry - went three times, always a winner although slightly disappointed with the breakfast kedgeree

Wood fired pizza from the teepee field

Special mention - free lunch from the Hare Krishna tent, generous portion of daal, salad, nuts and fruit - wonderful (but don't tell anyone else)

Worst:

Cheesey chips from West Holts - what was I thinking??

1 hour ago, PassingCloud said:

Ay that’s the one. Ahh I’m not too far from Birmingham so I’ll have to go there. 

DDC do loads of open air stuff around the Midlands, this weekend is Coventry Dining Club in the grounds of the cathedral, and if you can get in Open Arms at Warwick Castle is amazing but it sells out really quick.

And they arrange all the food traders at Camper Calling, a brilliant little festival at Ragley Hall, think that's sold out too now.

English Indian, Keebab Cartel, Flying Cows & a few others mentioned in this thread are quite often on rotation at different DDC events - I'm a chef who bloody loves food, this thread gives me life 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As an activity for my covid Quarantine, I tried to recreate Glasto Food goodness.

So far:

-Crumpets (they looked bad but tasted good)

- Veggie English breakfast (I don't live in the UK so yes it's special)

-Am now busy with a Rhubarb crumble as luckily our garden has some.

I'll be going through the past pages again for inspiration for the next couple of days 🙂

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We found an abandoned tupperware full of them at the back of Billie Eilish 😲 

Excellent. Bet going in for the unknown was quite something……discovering that they were actually acid brownies  😆

I had considered baking some, but thought those being stored in a tent with a child was a bit too much of a risk! 

Edited by PassingCloud

Most of the food we had this year was lovely. Goan Fish Curry reliable as ever. The Venezuelan street food stall at WH was delicious. Special shout out to the Lebanese stall at The Park, their Shakshukha breakfast was out of this world (got asked by a few people what I was eating cos it looked so good). Queued for AGES at Mr Bombay by Glade Dome on Sun eve (before PSB), but have to say their onion bhajis, pakoras and samosas were worth the wait. Their Vegan box was £8 and good VFM. 

Had an amazing Katsu curry with tempura veg just off the railway track in the field before Avalon….it was that point in the day when I realised I hadn’t eaten and I needed something to sort me out, best pick of the festival!

Anyone any ideas of the name of it? It wasn’t katsutopia I think that was opposite?

One thing I noticed this year was the high cost of ice creams and ice lollies. I felt sorry for parents with several kids who had to pay a fortune to get their kids an ice cream.  Us who remember the days of having youngsters know how vital it is on holiday to keep the kids supplied with them. I understand the vans have to pay for the pitch and make a profit but prices seemed very high. 

I hardly eat out at all at Glastonbury. Generally cook myself or have food cooked for me.

Best - Dahl, curry, rice and salad from some some place hidden in permaculture - £5

Worst - anything from Buddafield cafe in Green Fields