Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

On 6/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, BL1ND T1G3R said:

I had this from a place called Bunny something or other I think it was - by Other/Silver Hayes - South African street dish apparently.  Half a loaf filled with hot chilli, a dollop of sour cream and a garlic crouton. Long drops were hard work the next day but decent portion for £10

0B8E9D80-32BB-48C3-989F-2764DEA6256C.jpeg

This is a reason for me to visit Silver hayes... always needed one just to see whats there properly haha 

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

This is a reason for me to visit Silver hayes... always needed one just to see whats there properly haha 

Silver Hayes was actually a lot better this year tbh. It's still a route from JPT to Other, but separating off BBC Introducing and putting in Lonely Hearts Club was decent.

Best for me was the wings (and tacos) from Mexican Seoul beside BBC Introducing - did anyone else try these? Fuck me, the wings were amazing. The Korean-style Gotchu Gang sauce on these was absolutely banging (from a buffalo fan). Their spicy pork belly tacos were also top tier - I didn't get to try the other ones. Also loved their story that they were all furloughed during lockdown and just started making wings in their kitchen at home perfecting a recipe. I went there three times.

I bought my kids a piece of fruit everyday and one smoothie stall charged me 50p a piece one day then said just have them free the next day, another stall charged 80p a piece, not bad. The small food place inside the kids area in green peace charged £1.50 each, we had ordered and paid for it before we realised the price, was probably the worse fruit they had all weekend. You would have thought in the kids area the healthy stuff would have been cheaper if anything 

Why on earth have all the bog standard burger sausage and chips places gone? Not as nice as the fancier food but you know what you're getting, there's no massive queue and you used to be able to get a double burger for £6.

They were asking £15 for a shite double burger in the park this year!

Best food - Flaming Cactus chilli burrito. Basic but I have at least 4 every Glastonbury. 

Worst - had some beans on toast and after it taking almost an hour found it had something weird in the beans which I only noticed after eating half. It looked flourescent blue. Hoping it was some cross contamination from other food - red onion or something. I seem to have survived anyway.

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Best food - Flaming Cactus chilli burrito. Basic but I have at least 4 every Glastonbury. 

Worst - had some beans on toast and after it taking almost an hour found it had something weird in the beans which I only noticed after eating half. It looked flourescent blue. Hoping it was some cross contamination from other food - red onion or something. I seem to have survived anyway.

perhaps they realised the blue brethren's hatred of all tinges of red and were trying to blue up the beans for you........

joking aside, you waited an hour for beans on toast? why?

I had chips from the chunky chips place on Thursday morning for breakfast. One half beans, the other curry sauce (massive portion for £6). I was hungover to hell and after only 3 hours of sleep. I honestly think they may have saved my life (well, that or the solpadeine)…

18 minutes ago, Levitz said:

perhaps they realised the blue brethren's hatred of all tinges of red and were trying to blue up the beans for you........

joking aside, you waited an hour for beans on toast? why?

Haha were probably reds cooking up the old beans.

A very good question - it's what we were craving at the time and after the smoothie and coffee had gone down the time had sort of gone. 

• Like 1

The queues really put me off this year which meant I had some pretty bang average stuff. Worst being Yorkshire with all the trimmings at back of other stage.

To be honest some of the best food I had all weekend was at Hare Krishna, they seem to have really improved since the last time I went about 6-7 years ago. Added bonus was you could sit down on a sofa to eat it!

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Almost no food is naturally blue which is why chef's plasters are blue.

I wasn't a fan of the pies... Cheap chip shop pies and anemic, undercooked, skinny fries instead of real chips. 

Such a shame when there are some quality pies out there at catering suppliers now. And it has to be mash or chunky chips with a pie!

11 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I wasn't a fan of the pies... Cheap chip shop pies and anemic, undercooked, skinny fries instead of real chips. 

Such a shame when there are some quality pies out there at catering suppliers now. And it has to be mash or chunky chips with a pie!

Surely it has to be a second pie with a pie?

The Samosa place by Other stage is great if you want a snack, ate from there several times in 2019 and was never disappointed.  Glad to see it back this year in the same spot but timing meant I never grabbed one this year.  

Haven’t seen any mention of it yet, so a big shout out for Fish Finger Heaven on the path out from Theatre & Circus. Lovely people serving always, friendly and fun, this was a regular late night snack on the way back from somewhere. And if you happen to be one of the last customers they’ll just load up your FF sandwich with everything that’s left for no extra charge…. Hope they’re back again next year!

• Upvote 1

Worst (picture attached) some stall charging £4 for a small portion of chips which resembled a McCain microwave chips box quality and size and then calling a splash of mayonnaise a "topping" and charging  £1 😂 crazy! All the other stalls had mayo, ketchup etc in bottles outside their stalls which you just helped yourself to 

IMG_20220625_190822.jpg

15 hours ago, Alvoram said:

We had a great pie at a place across from the Astrolabe. Came with skin on mash.