Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

51 minutes ago, The Nal said:

If you take the plate away, that looks exactly like the shit my dog took in the garden earlier after a run in the park. 

Probably want to get him to the vets if he’s shitting pastry and mash potato

3 hours ago, March Hare said:

The stand out performer, Crumble Shack

10/10 food

10/10 service

10/10 value

oh my lord, what a discovery by Leftfield. Ooof

90DAA091-2D71-46C9-9A61-0E2D4A746897.jpeg

What I'm taking from this picture is that I did not appreciate just how busy my outfit was from the back, and I love it.

Also, loved the crumble. Rhubarb and ice cream - also 10/10.

• Upvote 1

dont have time to read through 6 pages before my boss gets in, so apologies if already said... but:

Mr. Bombay, on that little row that goes round from the Glade to Other.

i generally try to avoid curry at Glastonbury - but it smelt so damn good i couldnt resist and it was soooooo good... was back again the next day for more... absolutely delicious and maybe one of the best things i;ve ever eaten there.

worst is the various boxes of shitty old dry manky chips i found myself munching on at various times.

Best Food: Kebab Place on far side of Pyramid (beside Mac & Cheese spot). That or Poutine spot near side of Other.

Worst Food: Bland Thai food stall up across from The Rabbit Hole. Dry chicken chow mein and oil trodden spring roll.

Worthy View toasties weren't much to write home about either.. mature cheddar me hole!

1 hour ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

dont have time to read through 6 pages before my boss gets in, so apologies if already said... but:

Mr. Bombay, on that little row that goes round from the Glade to Other.

i generally try to avoid curry at Glastonbury - but it smelt so damn good i couldnt resist and it was soooooo good... was back again the next day for more... absolutely delicious and maybe one of the best things i;ve ever eaten there.

worst is the various boxes of shitty old dry manky chips i found myself munching on at various times.

It was THE BEST!

Best was a fried chicken & halloumi combo box with spicy garlic mayo & chips from the place opposite the lockup in Michael’s Mead by the path through the woods. Didn’t have high expectations but absolutely delicious.

Honourable mention to Mexican Seoul, also very good. 

Honestly don’t think I had anything I’d call bad? 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, Quark said:

Peckish Peacock pakoras weren't great this year. Quite claggy, and the spice mix just didn't hit. Bit disappointing. 

They were OK - nothing more.  I didn't find them claggy, they were very crisp.  I only wanted a snack and the portion was huge!  I find it difficult to leave food so I ate the lot and was in a food coma afterwards,  which wasn't helped by the fact it was so hot (Wednesday).  

Looking back, my diet was variations on chicken and chips but there were some stand outs

Only Jerkin - West Holts.  Great flavours - while not 'proper' jerk chicken, it hit the spot and was almost a transcendental experience.

Brazilian Street food -  West Holts.  I had the belly pork, chips and cheese balls and they were heavenly.

Jerk hut? - Just by the Other Stage - I had my misgivings at first because it looked like a chain stall and didn't have an kind old woman serving me, however it was probably one of the more enjoyable jerk chicken experiences.  Proper barbequed chicken which was taken off the bone for a no mess meal. The dumplings and plantain were *chefs kiss*

22 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Actually devastated I missed the crumble shack. 😢 Bloody love crumble…

Yep, you missed out! One standard apple & cinnamon with classic topping, one rhubarb with roasted nut topping. Both with custard, obvoiusly.

12 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Perhaps it was Annie Mae…

You might have got a bad batch or something, I had one from them and it was anything but runny. Properly thick and goppy, was absolutely amazing.

One I forgot about was the arancini place over by Greenpeace. That was bloody lovely.

And another +1 for Happy Maki.

Churros from West Holts on Sunday night, went ferreting around for something sweet while my mate was getting a couple of brews in at Tiny Tea Tent. Perfect combo to end the weekend.

5 minutes ago, Levitz said:

All this love for the crumble has foxed me. I like crumble as much at the next efester but when I saw the stand I did think, 'who is eating crumble at a festival?' Turns out everyone!

For some reason at Glastonbury I tend to find myself with an overwhelming sweet tooth at certain points over the weekend 😂

1 hour ago, Levitz said:

All this love for the crumble has foxed me. I like crumble as much at the next efester but when I saw the stand I did think, 'who is eating crumble at a festival?' Turns out everyone!

Normally we'd always have something at the cake hole . There comes a point where you want desser. Seeing the portioms walk by and the smell just sealed the deal.

Name evades me but the it was a hotdog stall by Silver Hayes and it was terrible...

Dry roll, crap filling and the meat was cold and all for £12!!!

Thought the fish n chips and halloumi deal at West Holts was banging.

Edited by Swine_Glasto2014