Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

I got food poisoning from the Nacho stand by Other (the one next to Samosas which I should have gone for instead for many reasons!) on the way to Kendrick. All other food memories are deleted. I've only just bloody recovered!

I was expecting something like the one pictured earlier in the thread - what I got was slop. It tasted awful too but had no time to course correct.

Apologies to anyone who saw a very emotional 30-something throwing up in the corner of the bag pen at Bath and West on Monday (or near the campsite crew area in Bushy earlier on just before Mr. I've Had Too Many Drugs kicked off) - that was why, not a massive last night.

3 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

This was good. 9/10 for quality. 3/10 for portion size.

It wasnt a bun, it was in a potato cake type of thing wasn't it? Really nice. Just needed to be bigger. Could have eaten 3.

Was that the arepa place? The bun thing is made with corn flour.

Don't think I waited more than 10 mins for food anywhere this year, although the coffee and bacon sandwich queues every morning looked like they'd probably be at least a half hour wait.

The Cajun surf and turf was so good that I had it twice, it had no real queue those first couple of days, but word must have got out as saw much bigger queues on Sunday. This would have been the highlight if we hadn't discovered MR BOMBAY - between glade dome and other stage - amazing value at £11 for a box with a taste of everything, enough for two! My friend couldn't finish it.and I couldn't help him as I'd had the £8 chicken wrap which was v v full and filling. 

We'd had to abandon eating in The Park as all the queues were too long and noticeable  longer, we've camped in that area for over 10 years.

We also had a great toastie as a snack one day, I went back for breakfast the next morning with a different friend and it was really disorganised and spoilt the experience. 

The least nice food was sausage and chips - but to be fair they were doing it for a fiver, so fair play it was a fivers worth. 

We really liked Hoppers by Other Stage & Deli Dosa by WG. Had those for breakfast to avoid the queues for bacon/sausage butties etc.

In a bit of a fail, we used the Surf & Turf place as a meeting place, TWICE, but didn't get anything to eat from there. Sounds like that was a mistake...!

Noodles/Tempura near Greenpeace was pretty hopeless I thought.

4 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Best : Persian (peacock?) veggie curry in the park 

Holy Cow burger and dirty fries (park)

Venezuelan pulled beef buns and sweet potato fries in West Holts

Duck and chips in west holts

Hawaiian poke with salmon sashimi in WG

cracking nuts ice cream in WG

worst: yorky (rock hard!)

annie Mac (I like my Mac and cheese to stand up on it’s own - too runny)

4CEB9C6C-F641-4437-91A2-A0DEDF6E1C20.jpeg

27BC63AD-E156-4524-9D9F-39112A97D9A9.jpeg

60C49553-A727-46B4-A3E0-75E0D0B4F509.jpeg

0CAF5C41-8BDB-4656-B8DC-BD8AB8A83E97.jpeg

E69F82DE-F6C8-4FC3-9F5D-F17C3D4F5C7A.jpeg

Where was annie macs? We found anna maes and though it perhaps changed name??

26 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Was that the arepa place? The bun thing is made with corn flour.

Don't think I waited more than 10 mins for food anywhere this year, although the coffee and bacon sandwich queues every morning looked like they'd probably be at least a half hour wait.

That's it. Never had 1 before. As I say, really nice, just small

This place

img_2_1656522390766.jpg

Another shout for Bunny Chow from Bunnymans between Other and Silver Hayes. Half a loaf filled with chilli and sour cream. Hot as Hell was as advertised and the vegan one was tasty too

4584A5B3-7468-4CA1-9857-0D60F2BFEECE.thumb.jpeg.7d4b8eac9d0916694fcbf4050592c1e6.jpeg

We ate tons of Indian food as we don’t live in places with many Indian restaurants any more (Berlin and Luxembourg)… Goan fish curry was a winner again, pakoras from the Peckish Peacock we’re good, but we loved Lalitas - amazing dosa and bhaji and sambal and masala (only let down a bit by the vada)

37832F63-4115-4BBB-8D2D-2E56D6EE194A.thumb.jpeg.e5fd9c7651a16cef124c1e33d233db83.jpeg