Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

10 hours ago, kraken_89 said:

Maybe it’s because I live in Bristol and we have great food vendors here, but I thought the food at Glasto was bang average. Didn’t have anything impressive at all. 

People on here always go on about how great the food is there, I don’t understand that at all. 

The thing to realise is the food stalls at glasto haven't changed much in 20 years. They have always had this level of variety, well before "Street food" became a thing in this country outside of festivals. The rise in street food "dining clubs" and explosion in that market now makes them look a bit less exciting by comparison.

• Upvote 1

Best: Mexican Seoul. Mini beef tacos and gochugang wings.

Honourable munchions: Smoky sausage poutine at Raclette. Roaming Rotisserie (of course) and Skewered for the lamb skewerfull.

No real “worst” as I’ve made mistakes in the past so know where/what to avoid.

Best: Truly Crumptious crumpets, by Avalon, vegan ones. Smokin Lox with vegan ‘smoked salmon’ carrot strips, and dill ‘cream cheese’. Second one (I went back for the lox but it was a day special) with organic mushroom pâté, onion marmalade and seeds. So, so good and just really lovely, friendly people. 

Worst: so not bad really just actually not what I wanted, Vegan Vice (by BBC introducing) BBQ wings. I’m not really a ‘junk food’ eater, but wanted a quick snack , and they came with fries which I hadn’t realised and didn’t want, so had to chuck. More my bad choice and not reading menu properly. 

B9A16731-B88B-464B-9DCC-4B3FC9C48DAD.jpeg

CB078317-DD02-454D-937F-C78E5EBBD781.jpeg

4882D985-603B-4931-9B1F-002EBE6A0E5E.jpeg

037D6DA4-A79D-409E-A3DF-D3A74A9292C9.jpeg

A5D843D8-1483-4715-A0E3-D9F7C9A6BC8E.jpeg

AEE9ADCE-C0F8-498A-ABBA-C5EF7C0D22A5.jpeg

79B9AB07-85C0-4A66-B31C-0458B56271F3.jpeg

Edited by Levitz

Queues were crazy everywhere for food this year, really dented my choice as I hate standing around.

+1 at being underwhelmed by Dorset Smokery chicken wrap. I’ve had a smoked salmon effort there previously that was superb but they didn’t have any.

Hawaian poke bowl at Williams Green lovely.

Katsu wrap was ok, though their prawn tempura seemed like it was from an Iceland Xmas party pack.

Dosa still the number 1 place on site, how they get their Bhajis so crispy is a miracle.

Couple really good highlights for a vegan were:

Vegan Delight Bunny Chow by Bunnymans. South African traditional chilli served inside a hollowed out loaf of bread. Super filling and nutritious. 10£. Hard to find vegan ones apparently! 

Cinnamon rolls from an all vegan small coffee place on the way to west holts from pyramid. Really hefty and paid 6£ for one + a flat white.

And apart from these any of the rolls from Happy Maki are always a great choice although not the best bang for the buck at 10£. They leave you wanting a couple more bites.

1 hour ago, Levitz said:

Best: Truly Crumptious crumpets, by Avalon, vegan ones. Smokin Lox with vegan ‘smoked salmon’ carrot strips, and dill ‘cream cheese’. Second one (I went back for the lox but it was a day special) with organic mushroom pâté, onion marmalade and seeds. So, so good and just really lovely, friendly people. 

Fuck yeah! 🤘

Best food - Dosa Deli near WIlliams Green

Worst Food - The bloody breakfast baguettes in Sticklinch... Not a fan of using 'baguettes' for breakfast meats as it is... Never mind when they've been overcooked to start with, and worse, left under a heat lamp to go dry and hard on the inside... Started asking them to use a burger brioch bun instead, big improvement. 

If anybody from that stall reads this, please stop placing the baguettes under the heat lamps!!! Once cooked, just leave them to cool, it's fine, a cool 'soft on the inside' baguette is much nicer than one that is warm, but dry and hard all the way through!

Best was probably the rotisserie chicken, tasty and good value.

The poutine place near Leftfield was not as good as in 2019, so disappointment there. 

Had some really good chips from the Squid place by the Other.

Fish Finger Heaven in the theatre & circus area was excellent, shout out too for Tea and Toast a couple down for well priced Assam tea.

Best chai on site is still from the Lunched Out Lizzard cafe in Green Futures.

Best coffee... probably Camper Coffee on the bit between BBC Intro and Other.

7 minutes ago, Fake Encore said:

I think I am in the minority but, the Yorkie Food Stall. Yorkshire, Mash, Crackling, Pork, Peas & Gravy.

Expensive at £14 but, that sorted my Sunday right out.  Could not fault it.

It looks like something you'd get served in an Armenian prison. 

My top two are definitely Duck Truck (RHS of west holts) shredded roast duck, salad, dick fat chips and duck spring rolls. Was £20 tho so should have been good.

Between us I think we stopped and crumble shack 3 times over the festival, got a different one each time.

Edited by ShuMart

8 minutes ago, ShuMart said:

My top two are definitely Duck Truck (RHS of west holts) shredded roast duck, salad, dick fat chips and duck spring rolls. Was £20 tho so should have been good.

Between us I think we stopped and crumble shack 3 times over the festival, got a different one each time.

Oh god I forgot the crumble shack... That place was absolutely incredible... So much crumble topping!!! And let's face it, the topping is why we all eat crumble right? 

Not sure I like the sound of dick fat chips though, wonder what they're cooked in 🤔😬

Edited by Alvoram