Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

48 minutes ago, Billy Corgans hair said:

I second this, my god it was good.

I’ve been thinking about it on the drive home. Roundabout: speed up; overtake; change lane; think about that mango chicken; the jerk fries; salivate at wheel 

Best: Peckish Peacock in the park (chickpea and spinach curry, poppadoms, 3 massive onion bhaji’s and a huge dollop of mango chutney) or Indonesian coconut curry (between Other and BBC Introducing) - great slow cooked chicken curry with a side of rice and pickled carrot and cucumber to cut through the sweetness of the curry.

Worst - Burrito cartel, between pyramid and San Remo. Huge wraps filled mostly with lettuce and extremely wet and sloppy refried beans. Chicken was cubed and had definitely been defrosted and just warmed through in a sauce. Billy bobs fried chicken near the park also poor, £14 for a tiny “zinger tower burger” and chips. £5 for a portion of chips on their own!!!

There were a few places i really wanted to try this year but they always seemed to have massive queues (especially the ones in the Park), so i left the festival a little disappointed with my food choices this year, maybe i should have just accepted the long queues and spent a little more time waiting to get the good stuff

7 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

There were a few places i really wanted to try this year but they always seemed to have massive queues (especially the ones in the Park), so i left the festival a little disappointed with my food choices this year, maybe i should have just accepted the long queues and spent a little more time waiting to get the good stuff

This. It’s a shame but I’ve definitely made this mistake in the past and just decided to bite the bullet this year, worth it.

Honourable shoutout to kebabs near the Pyramid too, big portion, tasty and filling for £12.

1 hour ago, ogriff said:

Didn't have anything bad really, tho missed Manic Organic

Almost had a meltdown on Weds lunchtime trying to find Manic Organic and realising it had gone, it's been my tradition for years to start off there. Ended up having loads of different burritos as really good for eating on the move, can't say any of them were particularly memorable!

Shout out to the vegan gelato van between park stage and bimble inn, really really delicious flavours and perfect for all the sunny bits.

Best - The Roti Wrap Indian Street food place at the end of the main drag coming into williams green. Across from the Bank machines. 

The amount of people eating the yorkie with peas and the soggy 1970s style chips with gravy was fairly off-putting. As it is every year. Stop it. 

Some expensive stuff this year but great value to be had around aswell.

The queues meant I missed loads of nice stuff though. 

4 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Best - still Luardo's nachos by the Other Stage.

Worst - not that it was too bad but a gap-filling hotdog as there was no queue somewhere between West Holts and the pyramid.

Decent hotdog. I'd the same for the same reason. Shame about the queues. 

Way too many people on site. 

2 hours ago, Skoo said:

There was a kebab place somewhere between Pyramid and Other. Big black sign with white letters just saying KEBAB. Went there in desperation as it was the only place with no queue and it was absolutely banging. Went back there again the next day. 

That was Kebab Gangsta, or Gangsta Kebab... can't remember which way round!  

I also ate there out of desperation when extremely hungry and cba queueing elsewhere - and I don't usually go for kebabs!  It really was banging though - pricey (£12 iirc) but one of the best kebabs I've ever had.  

5 minutes ago, Miss_Boo said:

That was Kebab Gangsta, or Gangsta Kebab... can't remember which way round!  

I also ate there out of desperation when extremely hungry and cba queueing elsewhere - and I don't usually go for kebabs!  It really was banging though - pricey (£12 iirc) but one of the best kebabs I've ever had.  

Kebab Cartel I think 

24 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Best - still Luardo's nachos by the Other Stage.

Worst - not that it was too bad but a gap-filling hotdog as there was no queue somewhere between West Holts and the pyramid.

0F4F8287-2D70-4CC5-9D2E-FBEA0F3F78DB.jpeg

Their burritos are amazing too. Was so happy to see them back again - they’ve become a Glasto staple for me. 

Made some bad choices to be fair. 
The smokery at the Park was purely just a chicken wrap. Little disappointed in that. Noodle bar at the Other was bland. Wood fired pizza near Williams Green ran out of ingredients after getting to the front following 20 mins queuing.

The Poutine was good. The Chinese food stall at West Hoults was lovely. Fresh doughnuts and coffee every morning from between The Other was glorious. Oh and a nice burger from the Park. Can’t remember the name of the stall though.

2EFFF2C2-D6B7-4F44-9F61-7B41139D1620.jpeg

30367E42-F7E7-4749-AD63-EFF2B15372EC.jpeg

Edited by Justcalledtosay

Best - Vegan Vice fried 'chicken' bowl (what a time to be alive and not eat meat!)

Also of course the permaculture pakoras...delicious.

Worst - bowl of cold, dry chips to from theatre and circus to try and help my hangover. Just dull but was all I could stomach.

20220622_140322.jpg

I made some great choices this year. Best was a pork naan wrap thing from Persian Street Food and Crumble Shack.

Honourable mentions to the Korean Bowl and Taco place. Pork Belly tacos and wings from a Mexican place, the best Sourdough toastie I think I’ve ever eaten with 3 cheeses, bechamel sauce and leek 😋

I had a completely vegan day on the Thursday, featuring; 

vegan brekky at the fat belly puppet cafe, bloody lovely 

masala daal, rice and salad at the goan fish curry stall (I already knew this would be excellent though) 

big stack of fruit

VFC ‘fillet’ burger - really bloody decent, my mate was so addicted he was there daily from weds onwards 

all things considered, the food was great, I very much enjoyed being vegan for the day; but oh my good Christ alive the wind 😶 apols, TMI, but it was my main finding 🤣

Best - Gingerbread Apple and Cinnamon crumble from the Crumble Shack, ice creams from the Split Screen, rotisserie chicken and steak frites/raclette from the William’s Green walk through to the Pyramid.

The loaded chips from the same stretch were rubbish. Expensive, small portion and no flavour - even with the pepperoni and pizza sauce.

41 minutes ago, Tom_12 said:

Burger and beyond from the other stage was very good!

It seemed like nearly every other stall was Halloumi though?!

Enjoyed the burger but thought it was expensive for what it was. I know it’s all sort of expensive, but that just seemed a lot.