Best Food / Worst Food 2022

FuzzyDunlop

Agree with your best Fuzzy. Surf and turf was quality.

struggling with worst as I picked carefully and nothing I had awful. Not really a meal but had some curros from curros bros up at the park which weren’t particularly great. Sam’s pie and mash wasn’t awful but not a very inspired choice by me either.

Worst was mooney's halloumi fries. 

All the rest was delicious but i have to say that the nachos at club mexicana, the vegan fryup at greenpeace and the wild garlic pesto crumpets at Avalon were just perfect.

Sadly my stomach didn't allow me to try about half the stands i was interested in.

PK Spice, the Jamaican place near Williams Green for the jerk and rice- amazing food, great value 

Didn't have anything bad really, tho missed Manic Organic and Mama Falafel on the way into WH this year- they're my go to!

Thought there was a LOT of cheese based food options this year, presumably at some dairy farmer's behest (I kid)

The Only Jerkin Caribbean fried chicken stall in west holts was absolutely bloody magnificent - had a bit of me mate’s on the weds, and was saving it for maximum deployment which came when I was bloody starving on sat lunchtime. 10/10 could not be bettered 

• Upvote 2

Best Dosa Deli - their paneer Dosa and onion bhajis are superb!

2nd best Roaming Rotisserie - half a chicken, roast potatoes, stuffing and gravy for £12 too much for one but my husband enjoyed the remaining chicken after his hog roast sandwich! 

Worst Anna Mae's - loved the Mac cheese in 2019, this year it was tasteless.

There was a kebab place somewhere between Pyramid and Other. Big black sign with white letters just saying KEBAB. Went there in desperation as it was the only place with no queue and it was absolutely banging. Went back there again the next day. 

Worst food place by far is that white and red tower thing doing fish and chips near the ridge and furrow. Rock hard chips and rude staff. 

Best: Mexican Seoul Gouchang Wings - so delicious I went back for seconds!

Worst: Some shite “pizza” cheesy chips from West Holts, stupidly purchased to soak up all the booze on Thursday night at about 3am. Repeated on me for the next 12 hours 😣

Have to say the food felt quite expensive this year but I guess after two years off and inflation what it is that was to be expected.

11 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Best: Mexican Seoul Gouchang Wings - so delicious I went back for seconds

Worst: Some shite “pizza” cheesy chips from West Holts, stupidly purchased to soak up all the booze on Thursday night at about 3am. Repeated on me for the next 12 hours 😣

Have to say the food felt quite expensive this year but I guess after two years off and inflation what it is that was to be expected.

…and what’s even worse is the the Bayou New Orleans Kitchen was next door and fantastic! (Sorry!)…

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Crumble shack was thanked by Billy Bragg when he closed Leftfield on Sunday eve 😀

It was great food and a great concept for serving large number, choose from four fillings, four topping, custard or, if you must, ice cream, then on your way, they must have served 30 portions in the 3/4 minutes that I was in the queue last night.

*they did do gluten free and other dietary options, which may have taken a bit longer.