Love the Farm Leave no Trace 2022

Tranquility of Solitude

59 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Didnt Eavis invest in a huge biogas plant a few years ago and was saying recently he was thinking of adding another. Does that generate power? I think in runs the milking plant and the farm now?

It’s on that link….

• In late 2018, Worthy Farm installed a new anaerobic digester. The anaerobic digester transforms farm waste into renewable energy that powers Worthy Farm and Festival offices year round as well as some production areas during the Festival.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Great idea, we could call it SANITI

Smile And Nod In Total Ignorance. 

(No, I couldn't think of a synonym beginning with Y!!!)

Oh, you smile and nod, do you? Well, in that case we are going to have to form at least 3 self help groups. The first would be for our shared bewilderment, at times. the second would be a sub group top accommodate your smiling and nodding. You may want to 'reach out' on social media for new similarly afflicted individuals. The third group would be the one that covers my 'ailment' during times of being nonplussed by other people's conversations. The thing is, the thing is, (Go on, go on, you can do it), the thing is 'My name is Yoghurt on a Stick and I drool and occasionally gurn when perplexed at others conversations. I freely admit that I sometimes think that they may be aliens - aliens that are talking about me. And talking about other things too. At least that is what I think they are doing. As a solid believer in the power of this umbrella self help group I can proudly stand up and say 'What are they talking about', and I can say it with pride.

What do you think of this as a a potential; emblem for our group?

List of Self-Help Groups | HealthyPlace

Yeah, me too. I think that I'd better get help!"

12 hours ago, parsonjack said:

The thought of attendants silently and invisibly clearing up after gangs of braying toffs makes me shudder.

I thought the days of Empire had ended long ago.

Vile.

We'd been at Pilton for almost three weeks, left thr Friday after and the following Monday we landed at Henley for the first time. Due to getting everything ready for Henley we hadn't had time to decompress. It was like landing on another planet. Met a few people I know who would immediately say, or I would get it in first, 'what the hell are YOU doing here?' 

It's actually a 'proper' festival with bands, bars, food, comedy tent and an enormous amount of art, loads by classic famous names. 

The attendees, well, it was a first for me. Proper evening wear is compulsory and everyone really goes for it. I was able to keep my shabby look as I was an exhibitor although I'm ashamed to admit that I did dress up one evening. 

Lot's of lovely people and plenty of not so much. 

Champagne vending machine with an attendant so you didn't have to faff about with the damn contraption oneself. 

They do get on it there, plenty of chaps take their jackets off later on and some of the more edgy ones tie their ties around their  heads like headbands and dance wildly. 

May go back next year. 

19732377_10155562441407754_6044795269902931159_n.jpg

19732007_10155562443017754_7646020163366431392_n.jpg

19679064_10155558832887754_4233953719474534143_o.jpg

19555014_10155562441757754_6686454353433955828_n.jpg

38512_446621277753_5798024_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

We'd been at Pilton for almost three weeks, left thr Friday after and the following Monday we landed at Henley for the first time. Due to getting everything ready for Henley we hadn't had time to decompress. It was like landing on another planet. Met a few people I know who would immediately say, or I would get it in first, 'what the hell are YOU doing here?' 

It's actually a 'proper' festival with bands, bars, food, comedy tent and an enormous amount of art, loads by classic famous names. 

The attendees, well, it was a first for me. Proper evening wear is compulsory and everyone really goes for it. I was able to keep my shabby look as I was an exhibitor although I'm ashamed to admit that I did dress up one evening. 

Lot's of lovely people and plenty of not so much. 

Champagne vending machine with an attendant so you didn't have to faff about with the damn contraption oneself. 

They do get on it there, plenty of chaps take their jackets off later on and some of the more edgy ones tie their ties around their  heads like headbands and dance wildly. 

May go back next year. 

19732377_10155562441407754_6044795269902931159_n.jpg

19732007_10155562443017754_7646020163366431392_n.jpg

19679064_10155558832887754_4233953719474534143_o.jpg

19555014_10155562441757754_6686454353433955828_n.jpg

38512_446621277753_5798024_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, you smile and nod, do you? Well, in that case we are going to have to form at least 3 self help groups. The first would be for our shared bewilderment, at times. the second would be a sub group top accommodate your smiling and nodding. You may want to 'reach out' on social media for new similarly afflicted individuals. The third group would be the one that covers my 'ailment' during times of being nonplussed by other people's conversations. The thing is, the thing is, (Go on, go on, you can do it), the thing is 'My name is Yoghurt on a Stick and I drool and occasionally gurn when perplexed at others conversations. I freely admit that I sometimes think that they may be aliens - aliens that are talking about me. And talking about other things too. At least that is what I think they are doing. As a solid believer in the power of this umbrella self help group I can proudly stand up and say 'What are they talking about', and I can say it with pride.

What do you think of this as a a potential; emblem for our group?

List of Self-Help Groups | HealthyPlace

Yeah, me too. I think that I'd better get help!"

😂

I fucking love it!

My turn: My name is (checks name on here) my name is Alvoram, and I often haven't got a feckin clue what people are talking about, but still I smile and nod anyway... 

There, that feels so much better.

(P.s you genuinely did make me laugh out loud then, thanks for that 🙂)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

😂

I fucking love it!

My turn: My name is (checks name on here) my name is Alvoram, and I often haven't got a feckin clue what people are talking about, but still I smile and nod anyway... 

There, that feels so much better.

(P.s you genuinely did make me laugh out loud then, thanks for that 🙂)

That's fantastic news that you like the idea. 

This one's got legs.

I can feel it in my bones.

If we p[lay our cards right, we may even end up in a cult.

I'valwaysys wanted to be a part of a cult*

* not actualoly anywhere near the truth.

Talking of cults, this lot were a 'little' off the scale ((selinkkn below). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)

And now it's confession time. I haven't actually read that Wicki thing However, I did read a magazine article about it many moons ago now. Upon reading the article I was given the knowledge that 'they' left two of their cult behind (ie.alive) to field messages and enuirioes on their website, which werwe very embryonic in those datys, and kept so by the staff, as they had been instructed so. 

Well, well, well, the thing is , I got in touch with these two people via their website. 

At first I was, to my mind, reasonable in my approach and questioning. However, then I got a bit drunk,one night soon after. I can't really recall what I saidf to them tjhat night - as in, at all. Hopwever, I thionk it must have been beyond acceptable becaUSE I woke up the next day, feeling very guilty. 

Mind you, when you are weaned on Roman Catholism, then you kind of get razor sharp at feeling guilty.

Alvoram - No idea why the whole 'settings 'thing  has gone mad. There is, of course, the possibil;ity that it is a representatiomn of 'me. 

Anyway, to cut a long storuy short, I don't think i can help ajnymore witjh the 'grouop therapy priopossal. The thing is, my mom saYS i HAVE TO GO HOME NOW, AND i'M TO BRING MY FOOPTBNAL;L WITH ME. HONESTLY, SGHE ASAUD TH\T12

I am a bit of a green Nazi and am very militant in my views. I first went to Glastonbury in my 30s in 2003 and at the time I was uni studying Environmental Protection. I was shocked at its apparent carbon footprint. I wrote a few essays on it. Bollocks to growing trees you need people to reduce their carbon usage. Using veg oil for a General Electric generator is at this time taking up land we need for food. 

I know most people don't like Melvin Benn and FR. He has a part with Glastonbury but he is looking at hooking parts of a festival to the National Grid. Glastonbury can learn from that as it always has. I always thought Glasto was the benchmark but they are not scared to use others ideas. I have attended many festivals (many through efests) and worked at a good few on the littler/environment side. I have worked at placed that were 100% renuible even using veg oil but still need diesel as a back up.

I attend a festival like I did in the military just carrying everything I need on my back and either using public transport or lift share. In the military you take all your shit home with you. At a fest I use my smallest tent and dress and wash outside of my tent. I have no problem with nakedness, it may be a military thing but I don't see a body be as a sex thing.. people seem to want to want their own space for everything. 

Sorry I am waffling. I went to Sunrise with my 17 year old daughter. She found work there and I got off my face on spiked key. I sleep nakef and on the last morning I just got up and strided out to the loos. I sorted myself out and my daughter pulled me up. She said that she had to seen a few things as and a bloke had walked across the field naked with his 12 inch cock. The only argument I had was at least O have 5 kids

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's fantastic news that you like the idea. 

This one's got legs.

I can feel it in my bones.

If we p[lay our cards right, we may even end up in a cult.

I'valwaysys wanted to be a part of a cult*

* not actualoly anywhere near the truth.

Talking of cults, this lot were a 'little' off the scale ((selinkkn below). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)

And now it's confession time. I haven't actually read that Wicki thing However, I did read a magazine article about it many moons ago now. Upon reading the article I was given the knowledge that 'they' left two of their cult behind (ie.alive) to field messages and enuirioes on their website, which werwe very embryonic in those datys, and kept so by the staff, as they had been instructed so. 

Well, well, well, the thing is , I got in touch with these two people via their website. 

At first I was, to my mind, reasonable in my approach and questioning. However, then I got a bit drunk,one night soon after. I can't really recall what I saidf to them tjhat night - as in, at all. Hopwever, I thionk it must have been beyond acceptable becaUSE I woke up the next day, feeling very guilty. 

Mind you, when you are weaned on Roman Catholism, then you kind of get razor sharp at feeling guilty.

Alvoram - No idea why the whole 'settings 'thing  has gone mad. There is, of course, the possibil;ity that it is a representatiomn of 'me. 

Anyway, to cut a long storuy short, I don't think i can help ajnymore witjh the 'grouop therapy priopossal. The thing is, my mom saYS i HAVE TO GO HOME NOW, AND i'M TO BRING MY FOOPTBNAL;L WITH ME. HONESTLY, SGHE ASAUD TH\T12

Well if you can't help us, then I guess there's only one thing that can...

But please don't take your ball... Johnny kicked mine over that nasty man's fence and won't go and ask for it back!

(P.s Why am I able to read that, with ease, and without slowing down? Starting to feel like I really have been indoctrinated into something...  🙈😂)

18 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Well if you can't help us, then I guess there's only one thing that can...

But please don't take your ball... Johnny kicked mine over that nasty man's fence and won't go and ask for it back!

(P.s Why am I able to read that, with ease, and without slowing down? Starting to feel like I really have been indoctrinated into something...  🙈😂)

Look into my eyes, my eyes. Not aroundnd my eyes, not around my eyes, but into my eyes, into my eyes.

There now - I have complete and utter control over you.

Oh, what to do.? Oh, I'm so spoilt for choice. What to do, what to do? 

Oh, I know what to do - just be yourself.

That's what you should do.

Nothing  to see here ladies and gentlemen, nothing to see here.

Please move on.

I don't want to offend anybody, but do remember (at all times) that In the land of the blind, the One Eyed Man is King.

PS - Don't ever tell anyone that I actually said that.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I don't want to offend anybody, but do remember (at all times) that In the land of the blind, the One Eyed Man is King.

Also remember that in the country of the deaf, the one who shouts loudest achieves nothing but a sore throat.

-Me, just now, I made it up, talking bollocks like usual  

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Also remember that in the country of the deaf, the one who shouts loudest achieves nothing but a sore throat.

-Me, just now, I made it up, talking bollocks like usual  

Oh goody, you're a sufferer of that too, just like myself. I can feel another self help group coming on. Oh, it's so exciting.

• 4 weeks later...