Top 3 Glasto 2022 performances - list yours...

The Other Steve

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2 of our group saw these... they loved them.

I was too busy sat on the hill giggling for 2 hours after taking some shrooms. I wish I'd seen something that night... but didn't

Nothing real anyway 😂

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ha ha... "Nat's Herpes" gave us at least an hour of a giggle.

Brilliant. Sounds like a solid way to spend a Thursday evening. Still bottled it on taking shrooms, keep saying maybe next time...

Just now, Quark said:

Brilliant. Sounds like a solid way to spend a Thursday evening. Still bottled it on taking shrooms, keep saying maybe next time...

It was good, but it wrote off seeing any acts til about half midnight. Then we went to the SE Corner. Before that, things just got a bit strange! Fun though.

This is actually really difficult as the quality was top class all weekend

In no particular order -

Pet Shop Boys

Olivia Rodrigo

Jessie Ware

Special mentions to Sam Fender, Kacey Musgraves, Holly Humberstone, Sigrid, Wolf Alice and Sea Girls

• 1 month later...
  1. Kendrick - Just a special set for me, up there with Blur 09. Had been looking forward to seeing him for years and he did not disappoint. Six weeks on and I'm still thinking about how good he was, it wasn't just a festival set it was a legitimate piece of art. The way the crowd went mental when the opening to Maad City dropped is something that'll live with me for a long time, and that ending was just perfect. One of the best sets I have ever seen on that stage.
  2. Little Simz - Absolutely crushed it on WH Friday night, SIMBI was one of my favourite albums from last year and it was fantastic.
  3. Wet Leg - Anticipated the crowd issues, got there nice and early to secure a spot down the front and absolutely loved them.

Don't think I saw a bad set all weekend, everyone brought their A-Game in terms of performance. Other highlights included First Aid Kit, Yard Act, Fontaines DC, Jack White and Noel G.

Macca was alright, seen him a few times and this felt like the weakest to me, obviously picked up as it went on but the first hour or so was a bit of a slog.

Only genuine disappointment was Confidence Man, and that was me not them. Needed the loo after Wet Leg and by the time I had fought my way out of the crowd, queued for the toilet then came back they had already started and I was at the back of the Park and couldn't see or hear anything. Sacked it off and went to see FAK instead.

On 8/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, Hugh Jass II said:
  1. Kendrick - Just a special set for me, up there with Blur 09. Had been looking forward to seeing him for years and he did not disappoint. Six weeks on and I'm still thinking about how good he was, it wasn't just a festival set it was a legitimate piece of art. The way the crowd went mental when the opening to Maad City dropped is something that'll live with me for a long time, and that ending was just perfect. One of the best sets I have ever seen on that stage.
  2. Little Simz - Absolutely crushed it on WH Friday night, SIMBI was one of my favourite albums from last year and it was fantastic.
  3. Wet Leg - Anticipated the crowd issues, got there nice and early to secure a spot down the front and absolutely loved them.

Don't think I saw a bad set all weekend, everyone brought their A-Game in terms of performance. Other highlights included First Aid Kit, Yard Act, Fontaines DC, Jack White and Noel G.

Macca was alright, seen him a few times and this felt like the weakest to me, obviously picked up as it went on but the first hour or so was a bit of a slog.

Only genuine disappointment was Confidence Man, and that was me not them. Needed the loo after Wet Leg and by the time I had fought my way out of the crowd, queued for the toilet then came back they had already started and I was at the back of the Park and couldn't see or hear anything. Sacked it off and went to see FAK instead.

Totally agree with all this.

Although I’ll go one further and say it’s not just the best set I’ve seen at Glasto, but the best I’ve EVER seen. Big claim I know, but it felt like we were witnessing history.

Also, welcome back @Hugh Jass II

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 9:51 AM, Hugh Jass II said:

How did you manage to see Fontaine's and Jack White? I thought they clashed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 9:04 PM, Skip997 said:

Hollie Cook with Horseman (Truth Stage)

Still ranckles me. Was set on seeing that. Went to the AV show at IICON, then Mrs asks what next and this went completely out my head. We went back to camp for traditional fire and finish the booze and stuff with our crew . Did think to have a wonder later, but only ended up in the t&c bar to watch a band briefly. Ah well