Top 3 Glasto 2022 performances - list yours...

The Other Steve

1.  Paul McCartney

2. Suzanne Vega

3. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

I guess all three acts that have been huge for decades. The four/ five acts after that in my list would have pretty much all been acts that played in the Green Fields ironically.  The Burning Glass, Jaz Delorean and Jamala all broad down the house where they played. Rachael Dadd was a favorite new discovery for me. I really enjoyed Jarv...Is as well (Jarvis Cocker).

Tough!

1. Paul McCartney
2. Brass Against in Shangri-La
3. Yard Act

Honourable mentions to Kae Tempest, Squid, Beans on Toast, Amyl & The Sniffers, The Libertines and the random Pirate band in the Green fields!

Despite a lineup I wasn't over the moon with, the sets I saw were without exception all fantastic!

Gotta be Macca,

followed by Kendrick. This is not my scene whatsoever but I was blown away by the passion, the technical capability and the amazing show. Pure theatre and art.

equal 3rd to Kikagaku Moyo, Wolf Alice, Holly Humberstone, Sam F, Noel, Nightmare on Wax (even tho they were late).

amazing festival. Loved it all. 

Macca - Needs no explanation!

Olivia - Incredible polished performance, when she bought out Lily was a highlight, and I thought she may have peaked too early, but then once good for you came on it was absolute carnage, loved it!

Holly Humberstone - God she was nervous for the first few songs, and was genuinely struggling. She clearly hadn't expected a full JP! But that moment when she told us all how nervous she was, the crowds response genuinely brought a tear to my eye... It was the first time I'd felt, I mean 'really' felt, that 'Glastonbury Love' everybody talks about. And it clearly helped, as she calmed down and went on to deliver a great performance. London is lonely (my current favourite) and Falling asleep were brilliant, but Scarlet blew me away, and was really good fun. 

Honourable mentions for Kendrick, I nearly didn't see him, despite loving hiphop I never really got into his songs, and hiphop usually doesn't translate well to large scale live performances... How wrong was I? Easily the best live hiphop performance I've ever seen. Years and Years was an accidental viewing, we were supposed be at Lorde, but I'm really pleased we stayed, what a great show! Elvana Hadn't heard of them, (although my missus had, apparently my daughter has been to see them in Nottingham, who knew? 🙈😂) but this was incredibly good fun, would definitely go and see them again for the sheer amount of fun we had. 

I could go on listing highlights forever, but I won't... There was only really one disappointment that comes to mind, but I won't bring the thread down with that. 

McFly - C'mon, look at my profile picture, they were always going to be one of them. I was in the tent fairly close to the front surrounded by a crowd far more diverse than I ever expected, all singing their hearts out. I couldn't see back but it sounds like it was packed, heard they had to close Avalon.

Sam Fender - Though he nailed it and the atmosphere seemed great amongst the crowd for this

Paul McCartney - For so long in the build up and during the festival I wasn't going to see him, changed my mind a couple of hours before and I am so glad I did. He was great. Lost my mind when Dave Grohl came out, then my head nearly fell clean off when Bruce Springsteen did. Unreal.

BONUS - Noel Gallagher - Oasis singalong in the sun with all your friends? What's not to like.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Paul McCartney - For so long in the build up and during the festival I wasn't going to see him, changed my mind a couple of hours before and I am so glad I did. 

Same! Changed my mind a ridiculous amount of times, even on the day. Had decided on Richard Thompson and the Waterboys. It was hearing that Richard cancelled that made me go to the Pyramid after all for Noel & Paul.  Bruce Springsteen is my all-time hero. To think I nearly missed it...!!!

15 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

WH Lung (one of the best sets I have seen I Williams Green, incredible!)

Macca

Wolf Alice

Agreed. WH Lung were top draw. Didn't want it to end. Surely they're going to get bigger

29 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

McFly - C'mon, look at my profile picture, they were always going to be one of them. I was in the tent fairly close to the front surrounded by a crowd far more diverse than I ever expected, all singing their hearts out. I couldn't see back but it sounds like it was packed, heard they had to close Avalon.

McFLy was the busiest I have ever seen that field! I thought the crowd for Sugababes was busy on Friday but the entire field was standing room only for McFly unless you managed to get around to the right hand side of the Avalon bar. The place was rammed!

4 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Same! Changed my mind a ridiculous amount of times, even on the day. Had decided on Richard Thompson and the Waterboys. It was hearing that Richard cancelled that made me go to the Pyramid after all for Noel & Paul.  Bruce Springsteen is my all-time hero. To think I nearly missed it...!!!

Yeah one of my group said that Bruce Springsteen is the 1 act he's always wanted to see live, he was so happy!

1 minute ago, cdm22 said:

McFLy was the busiest I have ever seen that field! I thought the crowd for Sugababes was busy on Friday but the entire field was standing room only for McFly unless you managed to get around to the right hand side of the Avalon bar. The place was rammed!

Yeah a lot of people have said that. I managed to get in as we went early but it was amazing how quickly it filled up behind us once we were in. Surprisingly we didn't really have too many issues getting out either as we walked straight up to the railway track and back to Other to see Years & Years.