Top 3 Glasto 2022 performances - list yours...

The Other Steve

1) Turnstile - I'd never listened to them before. I knew one song off WWE 2K22 (Which they didn't play) and I was in the tent on the barrier waiting for Charli XCX anyway. Absolutely phenomenal, had the best time and definitely going to see them again.

2) Confidence Man - Got tickets to see them for Christmas in 2019, postponed I think 4 times and now I've seen them twice in the space of just under 2 months. Had such a good time at both shows, easily one of my favourite bands now. Hope they come to the UK more regularly now we're getting out of the pandemic.

3) Charli XCX - The 10th time I've seen her live now and easily the most fun I've had seeing her. She's not been playing I Love It much over the last 5-10 years and it absolutely WENT OFF.

Honourable mentions:

Fontaines DC; Not the biggest fan but one of the best performances and the crowd were great. Only miss out on top 3 because the others were so good.

Billie Eilish, Glass Animals; They were both fantastic performances but the crowds were terrible so they miss out on my top 3.

18 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

The most fun I had was Amyl followed directly by Turnstile. Proper mosh pit for both, and I love the newest turnstile record so had a blast hearing it played live. 

Yeah, I thought Turnstile were absolutely amazing.

Had a few texts from people who said they’d spotted me on telly during their set too hha

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I thought Turnstile were absolutely amazing.

Had a few texts from people who said they’d spotted me on telly during their set too hha

Nice one!  been told i'm on the idles set apparently, not had a chance to watch it back yet.

1) Paul McCartney. After a slow start, the show really started for me when he played Love Me Do (there were pyros in the crowd, on a 60 year old hit, amazing). And the second half of the show in bulldozer/leave no prisoner mode was incredible

2) Kae Tempest on the Truth Stage, where she kept improvising and freestyling during an hour. That was amazing, emotional and powerful. You could feel the love coming from the crowd

3) Tied : Jack White at his best on the Park Stage, and Sam Fender, for the joy of being in a crowd going crazy after two years of nothing

• Upvote 1

1. Kendrick Lamar - what a way to end the weekend. I feel like I went into this set knowing it would be great, but it still absolutely blew me away, even after a weekend of fantastic music. Made an effort to go up near the pit for this one and so glad I did. How does he deliver all of his rhymes so clearly?! Energy was amazing, theatrics were special - I wish we got a bit more from the new album though (I'd love to hear Mirror, Mother I Sober and Father Time.. maybe we'll get more on his actual tour?). One of the best sets I've seen at Glastonbury

2. Self-Esteem - My number 1 until Kendrick turned up. WOW. The performance was so powerful, the crowd were completely perfect.. felt myself tearing up on a number of occasions, as did many around me. The vocals and choreography were so awesome - just a band having the absolute best time and really connecting with the audience ❤️

3. Macca? Jack White? Sigrid? Pongo? Emmanuel Jal & Nyaruach? Any other random stuff I stumbled upon?! Hard to pick a third. Definitely felt like w/ Kendrick & Self-Esteem I could pick them above others, but other than that I just had a fantastic weekend.

Kenny, Macca and Noel for the sheer anthems.

Hon mentions to Baskery (seriously, wow!), OMG Its the Church and Brass against and the many weird and wonderful things I heard on the Small world stage, Toad Hall Lizard stage and Bimble Inn that I cant remember a single name of.

Macca - Best show I’ve ever seen. Got in the pit with my two mates after the sub had finished. Everyone around us was sound and into all of the songs. It was perfect. 

Kendrick - Christ almighty what can you say. Good Kidd my favourite record of his and having never seen him before it started amazing and carried on that way. The dancers and stage show were fantastic. Felt like I was witnessing pure art. The most important musician alive today and of his/our generation. Powerful. 

Lianne La Havas - I’ve been a fan for a good while now and unfortunately never got to see her live. Covid had a lot to say about that. I absolutely battered her last record during lockdown so felt like had been way overdue. What a performer. 

Honourable mention to Little Simz (Cleo Sol - what an incredible voice!), Noel,  Khruangbin and everyone else I saw. Certainly my favourite Glastonbury of the 7 I’ve been. 

image.png