Things that baffle me

dulcificum

Watched 3 incidents where security dived into crowd during pet shop boys and had to wrestle flares off people … yeah they do look nice but they also upset the flow of the set as they need to be safely desposed of and people … I’ve gone anti flare now after being quite close and smelling them … and I’m lucky I don’t have asthma … 

Maybe I'm getting old but I got a bit fed up of people being deep into a crowd and then trying to force their way out half way through the set. Presumably this is to head to somewhere else or that it just wasn't their thing but personally if either of these issues were facing me I would perhaps hang out towards the back of a set rather than squeezing myself in the middle and then disrupting everyone trying to get out.

Also chatters. I don't mind a quick natter etc but again in the thick of a crowd and groups just talking the whole way through and not even watching...just move out!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Also chatters. I don't mind a quick natter etc but again in the thick of a crowd and groups just talking the whole way through and not even watching...just move out!

If what people are saying about a noticeable uptick in Coke is true then this makes sense. It was terrible at Primavera but that was more to do with their shite double main stage setup where people would just talk through entire sets waiting for their next act to come on.

Just now, Larraht said:

Maybe I'm getting old but I got a bit fed up of people being deep into a crowd and then trying to force their way out half way through the set. Presumably this is to head to somewhere else or that it just wasn't their thing but personally if either of these issues were facing me I would perhaps hang out towards the back of a set rather than squeezing myself in the middle and then disrupting everyone trying to get out.

I’m not one to really let chatters bother me too much … but they did when Greta was doing her speech on the pyramid … it’s certainly something worth listening too for a short period of time and will massively impact peoples lives for years to come 

On 6/26/2022 at 1:34 PM, Messy said:

Anyone spending the whole show filming is obviously a bit of a bellend, but I cherish some of the 15-30 second videos I have that I've taken in the crowd at memorable Glastonbury shows. The crowd singing along or the general vibe. It absolutely captures something that the BBC doesn't.

There was a guy at the barrier for Macca who, no word of a lie, filmed the entire set even having a power pack connected to his camcorder/camera.   I mean it’s there, in full 4k, on iplayer you absolute otter feltching spaffbucket

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

If what people are saying about a noticeable uptick in Coke is true then this makes sense. It was terrible at Primavera but that was more to do with their shite double main stage setup where people would just talk through entire sets waiting for their next act to come on.

I noticed a lot of coke this year for sure. 

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

No i think you are in the wrong here - whole point of a festival is try things and move on if you don't like.  Go to the bands gig if you don't like this I think.

And I definitely moved on from some sets - but then I didn't force myself to the front of already packed out gigs to leave 10 mins later. Maybe its just me but I would hang back a bit if I wasn't sure- a bit of consideration for people in a crowd makes for a better experience for everyone.

3 hours ago, Dan190984 said:

People who assume that because they don’t like an artist their opinion of music is the only correct one and that that artist is bad. George Ezra / Ed Sheehan are good, you just don’t like them. 

Music snobbery is the worst. 

People who stand at the barrier at the pyramid just because - don't know why but seeing some coffin dodger look depressed, not knowing any lyrics to Kendrick's/Billie's/Paul's songs just to be at the front while some huge fans couldn't make it that far in just irks me. 

And camping chairs. If you cannot stand for that long, don't take up metres of room at the front when it's getting busy - especially at the pyramid. It's fine through the day when everyone's chill but when it gets hectic, it's just dickish. A bloke got out a full on pissing step ladder for Paul McCartney in front of us ffs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Baggins7 said:

I saw 4 seperate lads pulled out of the crowd for the Libertines on the Other stage early on Friday for setting off flares. Security marched them out just infront of me and one of the lads said they had to have a hearing with possible eviction but he was arguing it was just a smoke flare. Doesn’t seem worth the risk at 11.30am on the Friday

Libertines and Courteneers gigs are absolute notorious for flares. It's that sort of era of rock music with a certain 'dark fruits' fanbase, the Libertines certainly wouldn't have giving a naff about them going off, sounds like security trying to set a precedent early in the festival - I'd imagine it was easier to expend effort on that at 11.30 on a Friday morning with not much else going on than it would have been in the middle of Macca's set. That said a bit like excessive drug use - the T&Cs are clear and if you break them, you live with the consequences.

Might be a bit random but I would like for them to stop allowing the ice cream vans on site. The entire time they’re operating their engines seem to be on, which is surely against the environmentally friendly attitude of the festival. 

There’s also ice cream stalls that are far superior, and you can get a can of coke from most stalls. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Matador said:

During idles at the other stage it looked like someone set off an actual firework in the crowd. Did I imagine this? 

It almost looked like a flare gun had been fired if I’m thinking of what you are. Red flare thing just fired up and then disappeared about mid way through rhe set.

Group of nobs appeared next to me at Kendrick, one of which said words to the effect of ‘I haven’t heard any of his stuff’ before doing what I can only image was a shit load of Ket due to his behaviour after.. one of the group got hoisted up to set off his flare, it seemed to just explode and die in his hand. Could almost see his soul leaving his body as the people around just laughed at him.

4 hours ago, Dan190984 said:

People who assume that because they don’t like an artist their opinion of music is the only correct one and that that artist is bad. George Ezra / Ed Sheehan are good, you just don’t like them. 

Got stuck in a conversation with an unpleasant chap outside Stonebridge, who declared that “he wouldn’t be watching Billie because he’s not a moody teenage girl”. Then bragged about his sophisticated taste (Foo Fighters lol).

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone making a short video of this length, but I've stood behind ppl who have tried to film entire songs. I let a woman in front of me film thinking, "oh she just wants to show her mates something". A full song and a half later I had to tap her on the shoulder and ask her to let us watch the show as well, which she did quote politely, and it was all gravy, but I guess I meant full songs/sets.

I hope I never ever come into contact wirh you at a festival.

"I let a woman in front of me film"

"I LET"

Yuck

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to sound like a right old git.. but having not been in a tent for ages I'm fed up with people who insist on smoking in them despite the signs.. I get it you are at a festival but it makes my hayfever worse and people seem to have forgotten if you let it go sideways it goes straight into the next person's face!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeleanor said:

I usually am not one to notice these things but it was everywhere. Was also, like many others, wondering if some of the bad attitudes were a result of an increase in drug use.

It was incredible. Quite depressing really. I appreciate there are quite a few "dabblers" on here and each to their own but It really worries me the level of use across society and the festival was next level this year.

We were chatting about it in the car on the way home and my pals daughter said there were people doing it near her for the Arlo Park set!

"I need the rush for when she plays the dance bangers"... Errr... No

4 hours ago, willgooneday said:

Their back in in the football world so it was only a matter of time before they were back in in the music world. 

Probably a fair few football lads there this year. I know tickets go on sale before line up but they were reasonably well catered for at Glastonbury with Sam Fender, Noel Gallagher, Fontaines etc.