Things that baffle me

dulcificum

24 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Sorry but this is massive nonsense. I got there as Just Mustard were doing their last song and managed to get barrier for George Ezra and second row for Sports Team. If you really want to see a band not hard to get there 30 mins before. Your own fault on this one buddy.

Oh sorry you're correct, clearly my statement is wrong. I could have got close had I brought a time machine and arrived an hour early

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

15 hours ago, dulcificum said:

EVERY SINGLE MORNING entitled idiots taking ages brushing their teeth or doing multi part skin care routines at taps while there's a massive queue of people patiently waiting behind them.

We have great water pressure, if only someone had invented a way of moving water away to do your stuff so thst you don't need to selfishly block the tap for dozens of your fellow punters. 

What exactly is going through these people's heads? I genuinely don't get it. 

I brushed my teeth  and washed my hands with An adjacent water tap while anyone else was able to use the sink. Nobody is trying to fill up their water bottle in the wee hours anyway.

Find the lack of brain function in crowds fascinating.

Like queuing for the loos at the back of Other in a queue 15/20 deep when there’s an identical set of loos 20m further on without a queue. 

If you see something busy or people queuing at Glasto (or anywhere) remember to engage System 2 brain before giving in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

Find the lack of brain function in crowds fascinating.

Like queuing for the loos at the back of Other in a queue 15/20 deep when there’s an identical set of loos 20m further on without a queue. 

If you see something busy or people queuing at Glasto (or anywhere) remember to engage System 2 brain before giving in.

this. I don't think I queue for anything across the whole weekend. Don't eat ion the main thoroughfares and don't queue at busy toilets. Go elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

People walking all the way to a urinal then pissing on the ground right next to them. 

I snapped on Friday night after a few there was a row of about 20 lads pissing in the bushes I walked all the way down and called them all w*nkers one by one.

In hindsight that could have been a mistake but felt the right thing to do at the time

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I snapped on Friday night after a few there was a row of about 20 lads pissing in the bushes I walked all the way down and called them all w*nkers one by one.

In hindsight that could have been a mistake but felt the right thing to do at the time

Definitely not a mistake. The Eavii have been quite clear that piss pollution to streams etc is a real and direct threat to the fest having a future. And those Tory c**ts would be the first to moan if there was no more “Glarsto”. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

People walking all the way to a urinal then pissing on the ground right next to them. 

A billion times this. Actually pissing up the side of the urinals is the laziest thing I've seen all week 🙄

11 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Me and the group I was with did something similar on Saturday night for Noel and Macca.  We watched from near the hedgerow at the Cider bus and so many idiots coming for a piss with urinals 20 feet away. Security ended up calling for 'Love the Farm' volunteers who lined up along there. 

Its absolutely disgusting, but there is something even more grim about women doing it 🙄 

9 minutes ago, Digi said:

Me and the group I was with did something similar on Saturday night for Noel and Macca.  We watched from near the hedgerow at the Cider bus and so many idiots coming for a piss with urinals 20 feet away. Security ended up calling for 'Love the Farm' volunteers who lined up along there. 

Its absolutely disgusting, but there is something even more grim about women doing it 🙄 

Ah yes, the famous grosser female piss.

It's disgusting whoever does it, but if you're going to say one is worse than the other, blokes have the equipment to piss in a bottle.

Didn't see any women peeing on the land, just men.

1 hour ago, Lushroom said:

Ah yes, the famous grosser female piss.

It's disgusting whoever does it, but if you're going to say one is worse than the other, blokes have the equipment to piss in a bottle.

Didn't see any women peeing on the land, just men.

My wife can piss into a milk bottle, no problem. Just saying.

21 hours ago, Skelts said:

Watched a lot of coverage on Friday and some of the same flags were literally there all day. Never mind the whole flag argument, imagine staying at one stage for the whole day!

We got in to the pit for Macca and some people had been camping out against the barrier at the back of it all day. Had the best view in the house. Then it turned out that a bunch of photographers who normally stand in the walkway behind the pit had been told they couldn’t operate there anymore, and proceeded to hop the fence in to the pit and station there with massive cameras. Poor folks who had been there all day now stood behind blokes with the biggest cameras in the world standing on those little step things 😂 brutal.

Edited by jparx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jparx said:

We got in to the pit for Macca and some people had been camping out against the barrier at the back of it all day. Had the best view in the house. Then it turned out that a bunch of photographers who normally stand in the walkway behind the pit had been told they couldn’t operate there anymore, and proceeded to hop the fence in to the pit and station there with massive cameras. Poor folks who had been there all day now stood behind blokes with the biggest cameras in the world standing on those little step things 😂 brutal.

Yeah, that is harsh! Can’t believe it didn’t kick off! If I had a flag, I’d have bought it down to head height and waved it in front of the cameras until they fecked off!

I’m generally in favour of flags, but I would say that this year seemed quite bad for low flags. 

If you’re going to the effort of making a flag then surely you can get one of those telescopic poles rather than a long wooden pole? I’d also add that if you have more than one flag on your short pole then you’re a selfish ****. 

Also, what’s going on with all the flares? Anytime I went to one of the major stages there were multiple flares going off. 

There was a guy who lit one near me before Wet Leg - they hadn’t even been walked on stage yet. Clearly didn’t know that it’s basically holding an intense fire in your hand, and tried to drop it on the floor when he complained, “it’s burning me!”. Everyone started booing him and he realised he’d made a massive mistake, but still, people around were getting burnt. It’s no laughing matter. 

18 hours ago, kalifire said:

Agreed, it makes no sense and I could not believe how many people were doing this before Paul McCartney set at the urinals at the back of Pyramid area. I queued up and it only took me 5 minutes even though it was a big looking crowd to get in.

32 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Also, what’s going on with all the flares? Anytime I went to one of the major stages there were multiple flares going off. 

There was a guy who lit one near me before Wet Leg - they hadn’t even been walked on stage yet. Clearly didn’t know that it’s basically holding an intense fire in your hand, and tried to drop it on the floor when he complained, “it’s burning me!”. Everyone started booing him and he realised he’d made a massive mistake, but still, people around were getting burnt. It’s no laughing matter. 

I have a love/ hate relationship with Flares...

In the midst without your own making they can be a pain.  Esp inside a tent...

But the as your favourite song is on and sun just going down... something about them for that just works... 

20220625_202236_12.jpg

40 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Their back in in the football world so it was only a matter of time before they were back in in the music world. 

I love flares at shows when the person operating understands how to not be a cock about it, i.e. with loads of room around them. When done right they're a real vibe. Sadly that's not often the case and Leeds is the worst offender usually.

Yeah, I noticed all the flares this year. I think I first noticed them prominently after the Rolling Stones in 2013. That could just be me, but the televised performance did look intensely good with them.

I certainly wouldn't want to be standing near them when someone is 10 pints deep on a Saturday night tho.

I saw 4 seperate lads pulled out of the crowd for the Libertines on the Other stage early on Friday for setting off flares. Security marched them out just infront of me and one of the lads said they had to have a hearing with possible eviction but he was arguing it was just a smoke flare. Doesn’t seem worth the risk at 11.30am on the Friday

3 hours ago, Matt87 said:

During idles at the other stage it looked like someone set off an actual firework in the crowd. Did I imagine this? 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Those who have to film with their phones during the huge acts whose sets are being recorded and produced wonderfully for the BBC.

This. A woman in front of me literally spent the whole Macca set filming every song. We were up on the hill so not even a very good recording. As if you would watch it back...its what the BBC is for.

• Upvote 1