Things that baffle me

dulcificum

EVERY SINGLE MORNING entitled idiots taking ages brushing their teeth or doing multi part skin care routines at taps while there's a massive queue of people patiently waiting behind them.

We have great water pressure, if only someone had invented a way of moving water away to do your stuff so thst you don't need to selfishly block the tap for dozens of your fellow punters. 

What exactly is going through these people's heads? I genuinely don't get it. 

People are, on the whole, selfish twats. This is often worsened by hangovers/comedowns/lack of sleep. I’ve always been most annoyed by the hairwashing crew, who could quite literally scrub while queuing again for a rinse off, it’s perfectly set up! 

1 minute ago, dulcificum said:

EVERY SINGLE MORNING entitled idiots taking ages brushing their teeth or doing multi part skin care routines at taps while there's a massive queue of people patiently waiting behind them.

We have great water pressure, if only someone had invented a way of moving water away to do your stuff so thst you don't need to selfishly block the tap for dozens of your fellow punters. 

What exactly is going through these people's heads? I genuinely don't get it. 

Nothing. Nothing is going through their heads. Well, nothing apart from the thought that their narcissistic attitude must be catered to at all costs. If that cost expresses itself in a sense of them saying 'Fuck You'!, then so be it. You are not important - even if you represent the majority view.

That would be my guess, anyway.

Why you would have the Glade & Glade Dome in the arrangement as it is now. The sound bleed is truly terrible between the two. Shocking.

What’s with the toilets at the side of other stage… Slows everything down at an already over-crowded fest.

And when will they get the sound right at Arcadia, along with having food stalls blaring out their own tunes a stones throw away. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

People who walk around the site as if there’s nobody else there piss me off, they just go straight through you if you are in their way, my wife got pushed over by someone in a stewards hi viz just before McCartney, just barging through the crowd not giving a fuck.

special people who don’t seem to have to queue like everyone else🙄🙄, anytime there’s a queue, there’s people who think it doesn’t apply to them.

And a general life one. Why do people with children suddenly lose to use of their legs and for some reason expect to park nearer to everything? Or jump queues? What was my local Tesco had the lazy parent and child spaces almost in the store, closer than the disabled spaces, and closer to the door than the trolley park, which of course they never return🙄🙄

’entitlement’ is a modern name for general ignorance, there’s a level of general ignorance in society as a whole, nobody thinks or cares about how their actions affects others, from chair w*nkers at the pyramid, to big groups who think the middle of a walkway is a good place for a chat, to inconsiderate parking, dropping litter, the list is infinite. More than ever we live in an ignorant society.

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Flags in front of the pyramid stage. That is all. 

Watched a lot of coverage on Friday and some of the same flags were literally there all day. Never mind the whole flag argument, imagine staying at one stage for the whole day!

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

Watched a lot of coverage on Friday and some of the same flags were literally there all day. Never mind the whole flag argument, imagine staying at one stage for the whole day!

It is quite staggering how many people bring their chairs, picnics and just sit at the Pyramid all day. 

16 minutes ago, benali said:

The fact there are people at Glastonbury who would actually watch George Ezra, the man who sang one of the most hideously irritating songs in the history of music.

Which one? You're going to have to narrow it down a bit. 

40 minutes ago, benali said:

The fact there are people at Glastonbury who would actually watch George Ezra, the man who sang one of the most hideously irritating songs in the history of music.

While Herbie Hancock will be on the pyramid no less.

Can't even get close to watch sports team as the place is littered with George Ezra fans lying round or sitting in groups on chairs. Bell. Ends.

Anyone making terrible audio/video recordings of bands 100 feet away all boggles me. They must've realised by now that it'll turn out shit and about 1/100 as good as any real footage from the BBC.

Picnickers at the Pyramid don't tend to bother me so much, they're all overrun as soon as the crowd is big enough and they get surrounded and penned in like chickens anyway. Obv if everyone did that it'd be unworkable, but imagine how lame that is anyway to spend all day at the Pyramid and miss out on everything else.

Flags don't bother me. Never have, never will.

Secret sets of acts way too big for the stage they're on is just pointless/unfair on their fans. Imagine being a huge Killers fan, you plan they're not there, then it turns out you missed them because the John Peel closed down, when you could have just enjoyed them on the Pyramid. They ALWAYS get leaked as well, which is just bullshit. It's like the organisers are just playing games with everyone at their expense.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Anyone making terrible audio/video recordings of bands 100 feet away all boggles me. They must've realised by now that it'll turn out shit and about 1/100 as good as any real footage from the BBC.

Anyone spending the whole show filming is obviously a bit of a bellend, but I cherish some of the 15-30 second videos I have that I've taken in the crowd at memorable Glastonbury shows. The crowd singing along or the general vibe. It absolutely captures something that the BBC doesn't.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Messy said:

Anyone spending the whole show filming is obviously a bit of a bellend, but I cherish some of the 15-30 second videos I have that I've taken in the crowd at memorable Glastonbury shows. The crowd singing along or the general vibe. It absolutely captures something that the BBC doesn't.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone making a short video of this length, but I've stood behind ppl who have tried to film entire songs. I let a woman in front of me film thinking, "oh she just wants to show her mates something". A full song and a half later I had to tap her on the shoulder and ask her to let us watch the show as well, which she did quote politely, and it was all gravy, but I guess I meant full songs/sets.

The flags by the front of the stages are some of the most u funny, fucking annoying, stupid as fuck things I have ever seen. I would rank it as one of the worst things about not just Glastonbury but this entire nation as a whole - second to the fast encroaching rise of far right fascism.

There is something just so quintessentially British about thinking your shit joke is funny enough to obscure an entire audience’s view of something people paid loads of money to see.

A once in a lifetime chance to see Paul McCartney ruined by some stupid c**ts stupid flag. Fuck off 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Self entitled twats sitting on people's shoulders, ruining the view for the people behind. Kids are allowed & people getting up to take a quick photo is OK, but people getting up for 3 or 4 songs at a time can fucking do one!

100% agree ruin it for those around them plus god knows what the poor twat who is Carrying them is feeling .

They are always filming themselves as well .

Was watch Diana b4 some doing exactly this I was thinking watch the fucking legend instead of thinking about you you and you 

11 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

While Herbie Hancock will be on the pyramid no less.

Can't even get close to watch sports team as the place is littered with George Ezra fans lying round or sitting in groups on chairs. Bell. Ends.

Sorry but this is massive nonsense. I got there as Just Mustard were doing their last song and managed to get barrier for George Ezra and second row for Sports Team. If you really want to see a band not hard to get there 30 mins before. Your own fault on this one buddy.