Jump to content

Things that baffle me


dulcificum
 Share

Recommended Posts

EVERY SINGLE MORNING entitled idiots taking ages brushing their teeth or doing multi part skin care routines at taps while there's a massive queue of people patiently waiting behind them.

We have great water pressure, if only someone had invented a way of moving water away to do your stuff so thst you don't need to selfishly block the tap for dozens of your fellow punters. 

What exactly is going through these people's heads? I genuinely don't get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People are, on the whole, selfish twats. This is often worsened by hangovers/comedowns/lack of sleep. I’ve always been most annoyed by the hairwashing crew, who could quite literally scrub while queuing again for a rinse off, it’s perfectly set up! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dulcificum said:

EVERY SINGLE MORNING entitled idiots taking ages brushing their teeth or doing multi part skin care routines at taps while there's a massive queue of people patiently waiting behind them.

We have great water pressure, if only someone had invented a way of moving water away to do your stuff so thst you don't need to selfishly block the tap for dozens of your fellow punters. 

What exactly is going through these people's heads? I genuinely don't get it. 

Nothing. Nothing is going through their heads. Well, nothing apart from the thought that their narcissistic attitude must be catered to at all costs. If that cost expresses itself in a sense of them saying 'Fuck You'!, then so be it. You are not important - even if you represent the majority view.

That would be my guess, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Self entitled twats sitting on people's shoulders, ruining the view for the people behind. Kids are allowed & people getting up to take a quick photo is OK, but people getting up for 3 or 4 songs at a time can fucking do one!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why you would have the Glade & Glade Dome in the arrangement as it is now. The sound bleed is truly terrible between the two. Shocking.

What’s with the toilets at the side of other stage… Slows everything down at an already over-crowded fest.

And when will they get the sound right at Arcadia, along with having food stalls blaring out their own tunes a stones throw away. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People who walk around the site as if there’s nobody else there piss me off, they just go straight through you if you are in their way, my wife got pushed over by someone in a stewards hi viz just before McCartney, just barging through the crowd not giving a fuck.

special people who don’t seem to have to queue like everyone else🙄🙄, anytime there’s a queue, there’s people who think it doesn’t apply to them.

And a general life one. Why do people with children suddenly lose to use of their legs and for some reason expect to park nearer to everything? Or jump queues? What was my local Tesco had the lazy parent and child spaces almost in the store, closer than the disabled spaces, and closer to the door than the trolley park, which of course they never return🙄🙄

 

’entitlement’ is a modern name for general ignorance, there’s a level of general ignorance in society as a whole, nobody thinks or cares about how their actions affects others, from chair w*nkers at the pyramid, to big groups who think the middle of a walkway is a good place for a chat, to inconsiderate parking, dropping litter, the list is infinite. More than ever we live in an ignorant society.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not there this year but Bellas bridge (as lovely as it is) always baffles me as its such a h&s injury nightmare. Always seem to be people slipping, sliding, tripping. Any change this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always love to read these threads when the festival is coming to a close. The same people who spent all year raving about the festival and 'see you on the farm beautiful people xx' now write angry forum messages slagging off every aspect about the people there 😄

I mean I get it...I hate other people as much as I hate myself too but if you go to a festival this size, you have to either deal with it or just dont go.

  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Flags in front of the pyramid stage. That is all. 

Watched a lot of coverage on Friday and some of the same flags were literally there all day. Never mind the whole flag argument, imagine staying at one stage for the whole day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

Watched a lot of coverage on Friday and some of the same flags were literally there all day. Never mind the whole flag argument, imagine staying at one stage for the whole day!

It is quite staggering how many people bring their chairs, picnics and just sit at the Pyramid all day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, al_coholic said:

It is quite staggering how many people bring their chairs, picnics and just sit at the Pyramid all day. 

It's not for me but I've always felt this was the worse complaint.  If it makes them happy why not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, benali said:

The fact there are people at Glastonbury who would actually watch George Ezra, the man who sang one of the most hideously irritating songs in the history of music.

Which one? You're going to have to narrow it down a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, benali said:

The fact there are people at Glastonbury who would actually watch George Ezra, the man who sang one of the most hideously irritating songs in the history of music.

While Herbie Hancock will be on the pyramid no less.

Can't even get close to watch sports team as the place is littered with George Ezra fans lying round or sitting in groups on chairs. Bell. Ends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone making terrible audio/video recordings of bands 100 feet away all boggles me. They must've realised by now that it'll turn out shit and about 1/100 as good as any real footage from the BBC.

 

Picnickers at the Pyramid don't tend to bother me so much, they're all overrun as soon as the crowd is big enough and they get surrounded and penned in like chickens anyway. Obv if everyone did that it'd be unworkable, but imagine how lame that is anyway to spend all day at the Pyramid and miss out on everything else.

 

Flags don't bother me. Never have, never will.

 

Secret sets of acts way too big for the stage they're on is just pointless/unfair on their fans. Imagine being a huge Killers fan, you plan they're not there, then it turns out you missed them because the John Peel closed down, when you could have just enjoyed them on the Pyramid. They ALWAYS get leaked as well, which is just bullshit. It's like the organisers are just playing games with everyone at their expense.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Anyone making terrible audio/video recordings of bands 100 feet away all boggles me. They must've realised by now that it'll turn out shit and about 1/100 as good as any real footage from the BBC.

 

 

Anyone spending the whole show filming is obviously a bit of a bellend, but I cherish some of the 15-30 second videos I have that I've taken in the crowd at memorable Glastonbury shows. The crowd singing along or the general vibe. It absolutely captures something that the BBC doesn't.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Messy said:

 

Anyone spending the whole show filming is obviously a bit of a bellend, but I cherish some of the 15-30 second videos I have that I've taken in the crowd at memorable Glastonbury shows. The crowd singing along or the general vibe. It absolutely captures something that the BBC doesn't.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone making a short video of this length, but I've stood behind ppl who have tried to film entire songs. I let a woman in front of me film thinking, "oh she just wants to show her mates something". A full song and a half later I had to tap her on the shoulder and ask her to let us watch the show as well, which she did quote politely, and it was all gravy, but I guess I meant full songs/sets.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The flags by the front of the stages are some of the most u funny, fucking annoying, stupid as fuck things I have ever seen. I would rank it as one of the worst things about not just Glastonbury but this entire nation as a whole - second to the fast encroaching rise of far right fascism.

There is something just so quintessentially British about thinking your shit joke is funny enough to obscure an entire audience’s view of something people paid loads of money to see.

A once in a lifetime chance to see Paul McCartney ruined by some stupid c**ts stupid flag. Fuck off 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

The flags by the front of the stages are some of the most u funny, fucking annoying, stupid as fuck things I have ever seen. I would rank it as one of the worst things about not just Glastonbury but this entire nation as a whole - second to the fast encroaching rise of far right fascism.

There is something just so quintessentially British about thinking your shit joke is funny enough to obscure an entire audience’s view of something people paid loads of money to see.

A once in a lifetime chance to see Paul McCartney ruined by some stupid c**ts stupid flag. Fuck off 

We had a cracking view at home on TV - maybe that's a better option for you ?   I'll take your ticket 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...