Who's paying Paul's fine?

Leyrulion

2 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Could this bigger implications for licensing further down the line? If artist are willing to just pay I’d imagine they’ll find otherwise to things running over. 

I mean the normal punishment for running substantially over is not being rebooked isn't it? That was hardly an issue facing Macca. I think the better thing is for the council/government to finally be fairer and let stuff like this run until 1am.

11 hours ago, willgooneday said:

I mean the normal punishment for running substantially over is not being rebooked isn't it? That was hardly an issue facing Macca. I think the better thing is for the council/government to finally be fairer and let stuff like this run until 1am.

I agree. The key licensing objective that relates to this is “the prevention of public nuisance: for example noise from music, litter and light pollution.”

Does the pyramid really produce more of a public nuisance than say Arcadia? It’s the very middle of the site, and bottom of the hill to reduce noise and doesn’t have lasers lighting up the skies for miles like the night spots.

42 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I agree. The key licensing objective that relates to this is “the prevention of public nuisance: for example noise from music, litter and light pollution.”

Does the pyramid really produce more of a public nuisance than say Arcadia? It’s the very middle of the site, and bottom of the hill to reduce noise and doesn’t have lasers lighting up the skies for miles like the night spots.

It'd also opening up the possibility of a dance act after the main headliner to keep people away from the night spots like many other festivals.

21.00 - 23.30 - Headliner

0.00-1.00/2.00 - DJ Set

13 hours ago, willgooneday said:

It'd also opening up the possibility of a dance act after the main headliner to keep people away from the night spots like many other festivals.

21.00 - 23.30 - Headliner

0.00-1.00/2.00 - DJ Set

More likely for the Other Stage or maybe John Peel, pyramid would just feel really empty as a lot of people would still go off to SE / Arcadia / Silver Hayes. Perhaps could on Fri/Sat only when crowds are busiest elsewhere as on sunday it wasn’t really needed and the curfew is earlier anyway

On 6/26/2022 at 8:57 PM, willgooneday said:

Can’t make money off that!

14 hours ago, Alvoram said: