Friend ditched me and has gone home

savethatjek

Hello, long story but the person I came with has ditched me and gone home after they were rather unpleasant. Is anyone on a solo mission too? I don’t mind roaming but it’s my first glasto so I’m not as savvy with it all

Edited by savethatjek
Added more info

4 hours ago, savethatjek said:

Hello, long story but the person I came with has ditched me and gone home after they were rather unpleasant. Is anyone on a solo mission too? I don’t mind roaming but it’s my first glasto so I’m not as savvy with it all

Come say hello if you see me … I’m watching most stuff on my own 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, savethatjek said:

Good luck and stay hydrated! You'll have a blast!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry everyone, I have just about recovered from the Glasto Covid. Made it back safely and had a great time, met @Movingfurtheraway and saw some great acts. The person I came with was acting like a complete tool, purposely bumping into people and being really rude and unpleasant to people, I called him out on it and he did the same to me so I told him to f*** off, came back to the tents an hour later and he ditched his tent and was gone. I felt a weight had been lifted at that moment and I had a great time, also managed to donate his tent 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 13

Good on you! 

was your pal a long term pal or not someone you knew all that well? too much booze/drugs? unable to deal with the crowds? have they contacted you at all since the festival? I just cant imagine getting aggy at glastonbury, there's so much positivity around me its infectious! 

Just now, balti-pie said:

Good on you! 

was your pal a long term pal or not someone you knew all that well? too much booze/drugs? unable to deal with the crowds? have they contacted you at all since the festival? I just cant imagine getting aggy at glastonbury, there's so much positivity around me its infectious! 

Thank you!

An old 'friend' from the town I grew up in, I bought the tickets in 2019 so it's been a few years, long enough for me to realise he's not the friend I thought he was. I think he went with the intention of getting as messy as possible, whereas I wanted to explore and take it all in. He didn't know anyone that was performing and didn't really care for the festival at all.

I think alcohol played a part in it, I had to remind him at one point not to ruin everyone else's experience. I've blocked him on everything and he emailed me the other week about money to which I wrote a short response to remind him of how he has acted and to never contact me again, unless it's with an apology. I'm trying to not be super negative but yeah, I've never seen anyone behave that way before. Good riddance 🙂

Had such a wonderful time after he left, felt like up until that point I was super anxious and felt something was off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, savethatjek said:

Thank you!

An old 'friend' from the town I grew up in, I bought the tickets in 2019 so it's been a few years, long enough for me to realise he's not the friend I thought he was. I think he went with the intention of getting as messy as possible, whereas I wanted to explore and take it all in. He didn't know anyone that was performing and didn't really care for the festival at all.

I think alcohol played a part in it, I had to remind him at one point not to ruin everyone else's experience. I've blocked him on everything and he emailed me the other week about money to which I wrote a short response to remind him of how he has acted and to never contact me again, unless it's with an apology. I'm trying to not be super negative but yeah, I've never seen anyone behave that way before. Good riddance 🙂

Had such a wonderful time after he left, felt like up until that point I was super anxious and felt something was off.

Well done for making the best of a challenging situation 🙂 

• Like 1

Triggered. Or. As we used to say. Flashback.

Certainly felt like ditching a couple of "friends" one year.

They acted like they didn't want to be there with me, starting with changing the travel arrangements last minute by phoning me when they were practically two minutes away rather than when they left as previously agreed, and then stating we were to meet at a Tesco rather than meeting at mine. Which gave me no time to pack. Which meant it took me ages to get to Tesco. Which apparently was my fault. "I'd have had half an hour to pack if you'd phoned when you were meant to". c**ts. And then they insisted on stopping for an over an hour for an ice cream break on the way there. Which meant we got crap camping and had to walk miles to find said crap camping spot. Not helped by their crap trolley that lost a wheel on the way.

And then it becomes a long story.

They could have just told me if they wanted to do it as a couple. I'm not good at taking hints.

Fell out big time not long later.

You know who you are if you're still lurking.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Triggered. Or. As we used to say. Flashback.

Certainly felt like ditching a couple of "friends" one year.

They acted like they didn't want to be there with me, starting with changing the travel arrangements last minute by phoning me when they were practically two minutes away rather than when they left as previously agreed, and then stating we were to meet at a Tesco rather than meeting at mine. Which gave me no time to pack. Which meant it took me ages to get to Tesco. Which apparently was my fault. "I'd have had half an hour to pack if you'd phoned when you were meant to". c**ts. And then they insisted on stopping for an over an hour for an ice cream break on the way there. Which meant we got crap camping and had to walk miles to find said crap camping spot. Not helped by their crap trolley that lost a wheel on the way.

And then it becomes a long story.

They could have just told me if they wanted to do it as a couple. I'm not good at taking hints.

Fell out big time not long later.

You know who you are if you're still lurking.

I really don't know why something as fantastic as a festival causes people to act so poorly