Village tickets

Glastonlocal

Any villagers had issues with their ticket this year? Just exited with a friend who was transferred onto a family members ticket and security were insistent that she could not have a pass out because it was against the rules. Is that right? I could swear you've always needed a pass out for anyone using the ticket to re-enter and they've been given out every day so far this year. 

On 6/25/2022 at 1:59 AM, Glastonlocal said:

Any villagers had issues with their ticket this year? Just exited with a friend who was transferred onto a family members ticket and security were insistent that she could not have a pass out because it was against the rules. Is that right? I could swear you've always needed a pass out for anyone using the ticket to re-enter and they've been given out every day so far this year. 

Everyone needs a pass out. We have been leaving through Mary’s gate and been given the pass each time. 

The festival should start paying more to attract a better calibre of artists and people should be willing to pay a higher ticket price to accommodate it.

It's currently in a ridiculous situation where the only people who can afford to take their low fees are established pop acts and legacy acts. The more mainstream it's gonna get the less it can rely on being something special to pay less to smaller artists and the less big smaller artists the more everybody will go to the big stages and cause the festival big issues.

Edited by willgooneday

18 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

The festival should start paying more to attract a better calibre of artists and people should be willing to pay a higher ticket price to accommodate it.

It's currently in a ridiculous situation where the only people who can afford to take their low fees are established pop acts and legacy acts. The more mainstream it's gonna get the less it can rely on being something special to pay less to smaller artists and the less big smaller artists the more everybody will go to the big stages and cause the festival big issues.

Not sure of the relevance to village tickets but valid input somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

It's weird. We got given a passout in the end (refused to leave without one), but tested it the next day by trying to enter without one. It worked, they just wanted ID to check the name matched what's written on the transfer. Made no sense to me whatsoever. But then last night they were handing out passouts again. This was at the Sticklinch gate, not gate B where most village tickets come in. 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, Glastonlocal said:

It's weird. We got given a passout in the end (refused to leave without one), but tested it the next day by trying to enter without one. It worked, they just wanted ID to check the name matched what's written on the transfer. Made no sense to me whatsoever. But then last night they were handing out passouts again. This was at the Sticklinch gate, not gate B where most village tickets come in. 

Most villagers come in through Mary’s gate. We had to have a pass out and it was checked each morning. They didn’t bother tugging the wristbands this year which they normally do.

44 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Most villagers come in through Mary’s gate. We had to have a pass out and it was checked each morning. They didn’t bother tugging the wristbands this year which they normally do.

Edited by davelucs

• 11 months later...

Hi, hoping someone can help me here. I have been given a village ticket from a friend who can no longer attend. They have filled my name in on the transfer ticket, so assume I just turn up with both parts of the ticket and ID and will be granted entry? There’s a section on ticket about pass outs being required but I assume this is only if you want to go in and out and not for the first time I enter? 

On 6/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, deebeedoobee said:

I’ve never been tugged going through the gates, is that just a special treat for villagers?😉

1 hour ago, Petallllllll said:

Cheers. And dyou know of any issues arising from being wrist-band free if coming in on day 2 or 3 etc re-entry? e.g. problems at SE Corner entry without a wrist-band?

No we've never had a problem. If anyone is checking wristbands (rare) then you can just say you're on a village transfer. The folks on the gates are generally well briefed (though there's been the odd issue on our side where there's less villagers). 

• Like 1