Crowd control issues

dulcificum

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Elbow not really full - about what you would expect

So how is nobody at Kacey of all places. The hill at the park isnt as bad as wet leg was. So either turnstile has a full tent or everyone went to get an early supper cause where else can people go at this hour.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

So how is nobody at Kacey of all places. The hill at the park isnt as bad as wet leg was. So either turnstile has a full tent or everyone went to get an early supper cause where else can people go at this hour.

McFly will be rammed, and the Bootleg Beatles normally pack the tent out as well

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Turnstile tent still quiet.....

Fontaines DC was much busier than expected, they got about the same as Supergrass 

Programming this year has been fucking stupid in terms of crowd splits.

The run of Mel C / Michael Eavis’s / Bastille on the Thursday when nothing else is on of note has to be the biggest shithouse move in the history of the festival.

They need to sort out and entry/exit system to the front barrier of the pyramid. Dangerous bottleneck again after Lorde with people being pulled out into the middle by security. Needs stewarding to let people out before letting people in or some sort of one way system 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheBoz said:

They need to sort out and entry/exit system to the front barrier of the pyramid. Dangerous bottleneck again after Lorde with people being pulled out into the middle by security. Needs stewarding to let people out before letting people in or some sort of one way system 

I've messaged the festival about that in 17 and 19, still no changes.

2 minutes ago, TheBoz said:

I mean I agree but what do you suggest they do? The only obvious solution is getting people to exit one side and enter the other, but good luck with enforcing that

On 6/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, benali said:

Nothing to do with a rise in drug use, more a change in drug use.

Just wondered if there had been a shift from things like MDMA and acid to coke? I may be completely wrong of course, but it would possibly explain a more disrespectful attitude in the crowd amongst some people.

Yeah, definitely this...a lot fewer loved up people, more aggressive hedonism.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah, definitely this...a lot fewer loved up people, more aggressive hedonism.

To be fair that's a cultural shift that's been steadily taking place across most uk festivals over the past few years - consistently booking line ups that cater to your R+L. V Festival crowds going accelerate it. I also imagine a lot of the most ardent old school folk decided to use covid to revaluate whether to go back and have stopped so there's more of the utter bell ends. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

To be fair that's a cultural shift that's been steadily taking place across most uk festivals over the past few years - consistently booking line ups that cater to your R+L. V Festival crowds going accelerate it. I also imagine a lot of the most ardent old school folk decided to use covid to revaluate whether to go back and have stopped so there's more of the utter bell ends. 

Yeah, probably..and I'm just showing my age...and that I haven't been to Glastonbury for years. When I was young it was all acidy and weird and fun in my opinion.

On 6/25/2022 at 12:17 PM, concerned said:

Echo other comments, something doesnt feel right.

Queues for the toilets are insane in most area even in pylon at times. Camped in the same spot in 2019 and they've definitely reduced the size of the toilets for that field. There were urinals as well which have been removed, certainly not going to help with people pissing on the land. There is a testing site right there on the river so I imagine the festival will get a bollocking once the test results come in.

Got caught in the shambles at Arcadia last night as well, people smashed through the hedgerow to gain access because the crowd was insane on the road up to the park. A group of Scottish lads pretending to be security barging through making things worse, although it did make me laugh they pushed up to one of the Arcadia crew bars and flashed a wrist band to be promptly told to fuck off.

Even old dirty brasstards at Williams green on Thursday was insane, pulling in big act John peel stage sized crowds, absolutely no where near getting inside the tent. 

Same regarding Pylon! Absolute joke, 40mins wait to have a wee cos they got rid of the urinals. Feel sorry for the ladies queueing for ages behind blokes who needed a 15 second wee!

• Upvote 1