Secret Piano Bar

Unawarecaesar

26 minutes ago, Unawarecaesar said:

Has anyone found it this year. A load of us were looking around stone circle last night but couldn't find an entrance. Does it open Thursday?

Don't know if it's there or not but if it is, you need to go through the woods and out the other side, right by the fence.  To your left if you were stood in the circle looking up the hill

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, robin said:

It's not the secret piano bar, but the Majic Teapot in Avalon was cracking last night with the staff playing tunes on the piano and everyone else singing along. 

My friends said there was a magic teapot near John peel in the woods, piano and all, maybe there's two! Or maybe they were lost 🤣

5 hours ago, robin said:

It's not the secret piano bar, but the Majic Teapot in Avalon was cracking last night with the staff playing tunes on the piano and everyone else singing along. 

I’m sure we found that place randomly a few years ago, people standing on tables and hanging from the tent to sing-along with the piano, it was wonderful

I went on Saturday night.  Queue took about an hour, but it went by quickly.

It's small and intimate and there is a piano, but the entertainment was more fiddles and accordions when I was there.  I left around 4am while some guy was singing dressed as Humpty Dumpty.

Glad to have ticked it off my Glastonbury bucket list, but I wouldn't rush back.

I had the craziest experience there, I guess it mainly had to do with us going there randomly without ever searching for the place. We just walked past the entrance Sunday night around 4AM. There was queue, but people around us gave such good vibes that we decided to stay waiting. Irish blokes managing the place at the queue were all completely shitfaced, which made it much more fun. The queue itself was not really "waiting" as there was some action going on at all times - getting offered some shady shots and getting spanked on ass by some Irish sports-type-of-thing. Literally. After we finally got in - the good vibe at the queue really mirrored inside. Design of the place was really good - no electricity seemed to be used at all. There was a bar with some old man managing it, selling drinks i had never heard of, while everybody had to be quiet for the program, the bar guy kept talking to me really loud. There was a band, after what there was some lady reading a poem and then there was this drunk guy telling a story, which got people really going. Anyway - at one point some drunk punter disturbs the story by making some kind of a bad reference out loud and suddenly everybody in the "arena" pointed a finger on him screaming "JAIL!! JAIL!!! JAIL!!!!". Turns out they had a jail/cage type of thing and he was locked up there. Not sure how he got out as I did not stay long enough, but he seemed really sad and confused. His friend was worried and told us "i am scared of him being in jail, cause he is so drunk and lost" .. and then she asked us for some cocaine, but did not have any to offer. Surreal. None of the things in the venue did not make sense which made it brilliant.

(she did get cocaine from some other guy, but this does not top the girls using their long nail beds for cocaine at the other stage during supergrass) 

6 minutes ago, dulcificum said:

Is it ever genuinely "closed"? And if so, at what times?

No. Its really a place for the performers to go have a party after they finish. A lot of them work in the Kids Field, Theatre etc.

I went one year but was on mushrooms so left when some lad starting loudly reciting a ghost story in my face and asking me to join in. Like some sort of improv ghost story performance. No thanks.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

All correct, yes its often full of performers, a lot from T&C as well, and some of them have scripts I reckon - the jailed guy might have been in on it / one of their mates. The loud guy from the bar is also part of the act.

The concept was largey the same this year as before. The house band seemed to be Tom Baker and The Bohemianauts as has been the case in the past and I often turn up to see them play cos I quite like them.

Always impressed how they can build the thing then all keep it together just enough for 3 nights as they're all pretty trashed every night.

40 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No. Its really a place for the performers to go have a party after they finish. A lot of them work in the Kids Field, Theatre etc.

I went one year but was on mushrooms so left when some lad starting loudly reciting a ghost story in my face and asking me to join in. Like some sort of improv ghost story performance. No thanks.

giphy.gif

So it's open wed till mon?