Random Glasto 2022 Observations

kalifire

On 6/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, dingbat2 said:

We seem to have lost a lot of urinals, in the camping fields I walk through anyway (pylon/bushy/rivermead) not sure why?

The loos in pylon are far to few of them and they are constantly busy like even in the early hours there's a line....today at peak time it was snaking between the tents going far back.  One small block of toilets for the lot of this campsite isn't enough. They used to have more up the top of the field im sure that aren't there now. 

7 hours ago, CaitNeeDee said:

The crowd situation at sets is nothing like I've seen before, I'm genuinely concerned for Sunday when numbers increase again.

Michael Eavis said in an interview a few years ago that the Sunday day ticketers are offset by the amount of people who go home early on Sunday.

Seems hard to believe but Im sure he knows better than me.

1 hour ago, waterfalls21234 said:

The loos in pylon are far to few of them and they are constantly busy like even in the early hours there's a line....today at peak time it was snaking between the tents going far back.  One small block of toilets for the lot of this campsite isn't enough. They used to have more up the top of the field im sure that aren't there now. 

This is worrying! I usually camp in Bushy and have never had to queue long for loos there...

9 hours ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Agree here this year it's an absolute joke I've ended up having to run off to silver Hayes in the morning after seeing those queues. They seem to have removed the block from the top of the field and have also taken away the urinals which would easily help to bring down the massive queues. To Make matters worse there are no toilets in the adjacent rivermead field and on the other side you have Darble which also only has a handle of toilets on the complete opposite end of the field near the John peel! So basically you have 3 large fields using a total of 25ish compost toilets and no urinals. Hopefully gets sorted for the next festival.

12 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Loads of scousers this year!

There is always lots of scousers. 😂

15/20 years ago would of been a nightmare, when fence was breached.

If they can afford to camp at worthy view they don't need to be robbing from people 😂

Love Liverpool and scousers.

Different generation now 👍 

10 hours ago, K2SO said:

Yeah I have noticed an atrocious amount of people recording the screens. It's on iPlayer ffs

I'd love to see a big event have the balls to ban mobiles. Unfortunately unenforceable. It also probably means more people are there so it looks good on influencer pages than for the music.

This was an issue before COVID but it's one of the saddest things about gigs these days. I'd love to see a big artist tell everyone to put their phones in their pockets 

Don't really see an issue with it and to me it's barely noticeable, especially at something like Glasto with flag w*nkers everywhere

Personally I take a photo of every set I'm at while I'm here, maybe if I did it with a big bulky DSLR it would annoy people less for an inexplicable reason?

Anyway - Mitski last night was absolutely phenomenal. The fact that Phoebe Bridgers is being lauded so much when someone like Mitski was on in absolutely insane to me. Phoebe's gig was a bit of a snooze fest, felt like I'd been hit full force at Mitski, on a different level. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dennis22 said:

There is always lots of scousers. 😂

15/20 years ago would of been a nightmare, when fence was breached.

If they can afford to camp at worthy view they don't need to be robbing from people 😂

Love Liverpool and scousers.

Different generation now 👍 

Fuck off! Any need in making a comment like this? 

It’s a stereotype from the 80s. 

• Like 1

The festival goers seem to be of a different breed this year, always had a great time and loved it but saw my first assault yesterday afternoon.

huge scouse guy was being a prick and trying to push in the toilet que, when a chap confronted him the guy waited for him outside the urinals and started smacking him about the head. No one did anything to intervene so I stepped in to break it up and try to calm things and nearly got a kicking. Total disgrace and no security anywhere. Just seems to be a more unfriendly atmosphere.

I’ll be back though 😀

Overselling and filling in areas with more dance stages is completely ruining the festival in my opinion, spent most of the weekend queuing for the toilet, bar or just trapped in a congested flow of people, I was planning on bringing my children 8 & 12 next time but there’s no way with this overcrowding and feel if more people start feeling like this it will start to lose its family vibe. I would rather pay more and them reduce the number back to more manageable amounts.