Random Glasto 2022 Observations

kalifire

21 minutes ago, tjfish said:

Busy at WG but it's always like that on a Thursday.

Cleaner site over all which is nice ☺️

Definitely agree on the cleaner site, still groups of drunk arseholes leaving loads of cans and cups as they move on but also notice loads of people cleaning up behind that sort before sitting themselves 

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

So weird, last night I just swerved left fr the park to green fields because it was absolute chaos, looked like most of the festival was in there

Yeah I only arrived tonight and walked to the far side with the quieter bar. Place on benches and everything, whereas the other bars with more stuff happening were of course very busy

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Silver hayes has improved a lot. The new WOW is something straight out of houghton/gottwood and lonley hearts club is a welcome addition. Sherelle there was fantastic vibes.

My mates company did the design / build, will pass on the feedback 👌

• Upvote 1

Don't think the site overall is especially busy, just the lack of entertainment on Thursday meant lots of people going to the same areas. Previously when there wasn't any entertainment people were more spread out and entertaining themselves. 

I noticed on the tshirt and official twitter that they are referring to the festival being 5 days long (22nd - 26th) and the Friday as being day 3. Previously the Friday would have always been called day 1 and the dates would have been 24th - 26th. 

Lost my phone last night, some bloke picked it up and kept it charged until we called this morning to come collect it.

Told him if he sees me at any point he has a free drink token from me, and if you’re on here mate thank you very much (even though our campsites quite literally could not have been further apart)!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mttJ said:

Lost my phone last night, some bloke picked it up and kept it charged until we called this morning to come collect it.

Told him if he sees me at any point he has a free drink token from me, and if you’re on here mate thank you very much (even though our campsites quite literally could not have been further apart)!

Someone handed my phone in yesterday, people can be amazing!

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

TLC went the way of Mel C. Feels like they’ve dropped the ball on who should play what stage - lots of people are getting crowded out of sets they want to see. 

Yeah Wolf Alice had a relatively poor crowd, think people were at TLC. (Wolf Alice were amazing though!)

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Wet leg should not have been on the park. Largest crowd I’ve ever seen there. With no screens a few of my mates sacked it off.

We got there 30 mins before and ended up miles up the hill. No chance of getting a decent spot. 

Realistically they should have been 4th down Other. 

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

With crowd management and stage placement as dreadful as it is this year, I’m now accepting that getting a decent place at anywhere even semi popular means seeing at least half of the act before. 

Glass Animals into Olivia Rodrigo tomorrow is going to result in battle wounds.