Random Glasto 2022 Observations

kalifire

Just a collection of random observations/experiences over the weekend. 

Mel C’s crowd is so large they closed the track from West Holts to Williams Green. Perhaps time to rethink music on Thursdays? With so little on, anything even remotely popular will be insanely rammed. 

• Upvote 1

Feels very overcrowded to me.

Also think they need to re-think Thursday. Bin off the WG set and maybe put it on a stage like West Holts? At least it can cope with large numbers of people. Took nearly an hour to get from WG to Other

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Feels very overcrowded to me.

Also think they need to re-think Thursday. Bin off the WG set and maybe put it on a stage like West Holts? At least it can cope with large numbers of people. Took nearly an hour to get from WG to Other

They've expanded to 220k this year, up from 203k in 2019 I believe.

There does come a point where it gets stupid and has an impact on peoples ability to enjoy it. As much as I would love to be there, part of me can';t be assed with that many people now. I like my 4/5k festivals. 

1 hour ago, Peroni said:

It was nuts in williams green, left to lie in the pyramid....

It's massively more busy today and yesterday.  I'd imagine the hot weather and the gap of three years has a lot to do with it.

IMG-20220623-WA0030.jpeg

Yeah very. I went to see the Smyths 2017 and it was bad... Knew we'd need to get there early for Mel C DJ set... But it was intense with people barging around. We left midway and field was already closed off.

Doesn't help the guardian guide hinted it'd be a proper set, didn't mention explicitly it'd be DJ.. so there were lots of youngsters /families there as well who perhaps weren't expecting it

1 hour ago, MrBarry465 said:

They've expanded to 220k this year, up from 203k in 2019 I believe.

Which is fine imo, the more the merrier etc. But if they only increase parking/camping and not the physical size of the social areas then they may run into some problems at some point.

8 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Which is fine imo, the more the merrier etc. But if they only increase parking/camping and not the physical size of the social areas then they may run into some problems at some point.

Don't agree with this, there comes a point where the 'less is more' rule needs to apply.

21 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Not everywhere is too busy. There was space in the park tonight for gentle oldies and up at Strummerville, plus on the hill near there very chilled 

So weird, last night I just swerved left fr the park to green fields because it was absolute chaos, looked like most of the festival was in there