BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's been a blast! Looking forward to seeing you all posting in the ticket success threads in October 😀 

I’m now 50% deliriously excited and 50% absolutely dreading T day in oct! I don’t think I could bare missing out again 😫😫

thanks for the chat this weekend, got 14 bands/acts new to me to follow and look up so all in all success. Not sure i wil be able to persuade the other half to venture out there again but i will give it a try come October and see what happens.

Good Luck to all and may the ticketing gods always be in your favour.

Edited by ICESTONE

Found some time to take a break and cook/eat, watching Kendrick now. 

First of all, King Kunta is an awesome song and the energy and crowd were superior to Billie's performance in all honesty and I thought she'd done a half-decent job as well.

Buuuuut, I just think he is severely overrated - don't shoot me, please. I desperately want to like him. I love hip-hip; Tribe Called Quest, RTJ, De La Soul, Jurassic 5, Eminem, Blackalicious, Biggie Smalls, Wu-Tang..., but I just don't like 95% of Kendrick's music, it all sounds so moany, too many references to bitches and motherfuckers... too many contrasting sounds... maybe it's too jazzy for my liking, too abstract...

Help me?!

Anyway, it looked fabulous for the people were actually there, they looked like they were having the time of their damn lives. Great end to the festival for the Pyramid.

PS - I also absolutely hate the froggy voice he does sometimes, sounds like a cartoon character.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

First of all, King Kunta is an awesome song and the energy and crowd were superior to Billie's performance in all honesty and I thought she'd done a half-decent job as well.

Buuuuut, I just think he is severely overrated - don't shoot me, please. I desperately want to like him. I love hip-hip; Tribe Called Quest, RTJ, De La Soul, Jurassic 5, Eminem, Blackalicious, Biggie Smalls, Wu-Tang..., but I just don't like 95% of Kendrick's music, it all sounds so moany, too many references to bitches and motherfuckers... too many contrasting sounds... maybe it's too jazzy for my liking, too abstract...

Help me?!

Anyway, it looked fabulous for the people were actually there, they looked like they were having the time of their damn lives. Great end to the festival for the Pyramid.

PS - I also absolutely hate the froggy voice he does sometimes, sounds like a cartoon character.

I'm a massive hip hop head and have never been able to get into Kendrick, for some of the reasons you mentioned above. I also find his rapping/voice a little bit jarring at times.

But enjoyed his performance last night. Anyway, you don't need to like everyone!

19 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Help me?!

I mean absolutely no disrespect but those acts you've listened are all 80s and 90s acts with the exception of RTJ, though both members were making music in the early 00s at least.

It'd probably be more weird if you liked Drake, J Cole, A$AP Rocky, Denzel Curry, Megan Thee Stallion, Vince Staples, etc but not Kendrick I suppose?

23 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Just watched PSBs back

WOWZERS 

(apart from slight technical hitch at the beginning - felt sorry for them for that)

Yeah we watched it after Kendrick - was only going to watch a bit and then watched the whole thing. Am knackered ha!

What happened though? Why wasn't Chris there? I still don't get what happened.

It was a phenomenal set, even better than the 2010 one and a much bigger crowd. Awful clash! Haven't even watched Bicep yet.

52 minutes ago, adforperu said:

I mean absolutely no disrespect but those acts you've listened are all 80s and 90s acts with the exception of RTJ, though both members were making music in the early 00s at least.

It'd probably be more weird if you liked Drake, J Cole, A$AP Rocky, Denzel Curry, Megan Thee Stallion, Vince Staples, etc but not Kendrick I suppose?

Yeah, that's true. No disrespect taken.

I'm just old is the problem! 😝

And actually, I'm not a fan of any of those other mentioned rappers. I'm trying for the life of me to think of modern rappers I do like. Gonna have to get Spotify out and check, but I've a sneaking suspicion you're right.

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Should just happen if its available - there isnt a special link.  It should just adjust to your internet connection / equipment. 

Sadly it isn’t , Ive tried other content on iplayer and that definitely works but iplayer does not have the uhd versions currently uploaded 

49 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah we watched it after Kendrick - was only going to watch a bit and then watched the whole thing. Am knackered ha!

What happened though? Why wasn't Chris there? I still don't get what happened.

It was a phenomenal set, even better than the 2010 one and a much bigger crowd. Awful clash! Haven't even watched Bicep yet.

Chris was there - the light show/LED screen got stuck down for the first 4/5 songs  - you could just about make out Chris and the drummers bobbing about behind it through the last couple of songs Neil sang at the front of it, watching it back and he clearly gives a hand signal to check if the issues sorted. 

21 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

Chris was there - the light show/LED screen got stuck down for the first 4/5 songs  - you could just about make out Chris and the drummers bobbing about behind it through the last couple of songs Neil sang at the front of it, watching it back and he clearly gives a hand signal to check if the issues sorted. 

But why was his keyboard etc at the front of the stage empty? Seemed really like he was meant to be there (as he was for a later section).

Ok, fest might be over but iplayer isn't.

Going from the last 2mins I caught of them yesterday I think I need to check out Turnstiles whole performance today.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to all posters on this thread. I only started it with the intention of gaining a few handy links but it really took on a life of its own. Some great chat and info, was good fun to virtually run from one stage to another. Also, with the chat with my daughter onsite, at times just for a teeny tiny bit I felt I was actually there.

Edited by Cooter
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, that's true. No disrespect taken.

I'm just old is the problem! 😝

And actually, I'm not a fan of any of those other mentioned rappers. I'm trying for the life of me to think of modern rappers I do like. Gonna have to get Spotify out and check, but I've a sneaking suspicion you're right.

Sometimes the serious stuff isnt for everyone, its that simple. Also how relatable things can be. If theres a connection you can find in the content and his storytelling then you can enjoy it moreso cause it can strike a chord.

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Going from the last 2mins I caught of them yesterday I think I need to check out Turnstiles whole performance today.

Also, just wanted to say thanks to all posters on this thread. I only started it with the intention of gaining a few handy links but it really took on a life of its own. Some great chat and info, was good fun to virtually run from one stage to another. Also, with the chat with my daughter onsite, at times just for a teeny tiny bit I felt I was actually there.

Yeah, you should. They probably got swallowed up during that clash yesterday and might be lots of peoples favorite set. Was bummed i couldnt make it cause of jack white and the overlap but ive got tix to a couple of their gigs later in the year anyway. Glad that hardcore is grabbing somebody's ear.

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Sometimes the serious stuff isnt for everyone, its that simple. Also how relatable things can be. If theres a connection you can find in the content and his storytelling then you can enjoy it moreso cause it can strike a chord.

Yeah, true, although I don't know how relatable Wu-Tang are to me and their struggles growing up on Staten Island either. But you're probably right, I'm just overthinking it. I really want to like him but I just have to accept that it's a bandwagon I can't jump on. 

37 minutes ago, Cooter said:

This was the best bit. Someone dropping a message on here probably had most of us flicking over so we didn't miss out on something too, haha. Good times.

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Buuuuut, I just think he is severely overrated - Help me?!

The thing with Kendrick is that you lose all the album context that makes him one of the greats when he plays live. Like, Backstreet Freestyle for example, yes it's a banger in its own right - but in the context of the album, he's freestyling as a kid in the back of a car, just trying to fit in with other people who are smoking and drinking and robbing which wasn't his normal lifestyle. He's rapping these ridiculous lines about having a dick as big as the Eiffel Tower because it's the sort of macho, tough guy act you hear in that kind of rap and he just wants to impress his friends. But at Glasto, it's just a big banger with no definition. 

Still goes hard AF though. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Thanks for that - important context which went over my head.  I actually have it on right now while working.  The sounds is fucking amazing but some of the lyrics turn me right off - but this context is important and changes my view.

He really is an album artist, should be listened to in full as he spins each into long stories in various ways - Section 80 is a novel, GKMC is a film, TPAB is a poem. You can reverse the tracklist on DAMN and get a different story out of it.

Not to say he didn't absolutely kill it last night but he's at his best when you play his works in full. At the very least give GKMC and TPAB a go. Hope you enjoy!