BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Just thinking its an incredibly stupid move really.  Wonder who he is trying to appeal too ? 

I mean I'm enjoying it but I kind of expected a stripped down play the hit kind of deal thing.

Think he's just doing what he wants to do with the stage show - think he's touring his album now with most of these songs on. 

17 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

They were absolutely fantastic. Have seen them since they began and the evolution of their sound and musicianship has been pretty startling. Same energy but sounding immense now. There was lots of talk beforehand about potential Glastonbury moments. Felt sure it would be during Macca (did get a bit of a lump in the throat for the first few chords of Let it Be)…but as it turns out, the couple across the way into the stripped down version of big shot was comfortably my moment of the festival…huge performance from them considering they were up against the legends slot. 

Excellent to hear. I only saw last 15 minutes but it's one I'll go back to for sure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I've been wondering this! He crowdsurfed with it during Amyl!

10 minutes ago, benali said:

The guy who keeps going in pits holding a guitar up in the air. WTF?

He’s had some tv coverage this weekend, he was front and centre at Skunk Anasie and Idles 😂

15 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

They were absolutely fantastic. Have seen them since they began and the evolution of their sound and musicianship has been pretty startling. Same energy but sounding immense now. There was lots of talk beforehand about potential Glastonbury moments. Felt sure it would be during Macca (did get a bit of a lump in the throat for the first few chords of Let it Be)…but as it turns out, the couple across the way into the stripped down version of big shot was comfortably my moment of the festival…huge performance from them considering they were up against the legends slot. 

I felt the same, loved the intensity.  Spent the afternoon trying to decide where to see them for my birthday in November- Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh (my home town). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've actually really enjoyed Lorde. Green Light and Royals were gorgeous big singalong moments. Also I just have a soft spot for her.

Will be going back to watch a bit of Jarv shortly.

Mind is boggling about Years and Years so will have to check that out! Loved them in 2019.

I also really enjoyed Lorde and Green Light, a little surprised Years and Years are so high up and have pulled a bigger crowd than Lorde tho...

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've actually really enjoyed Lorde. Green Light and Royals were gorgeous big singalong moments. Also I just have a soft spot for her.

Will be going back to watch a bit of Jarv shortly.

Mind is boggling about Years and Years so will have to check that out! Loved them in 2019.

Apparently that's his stage show from his latest tour lifted straight for Glastonbury with presumably a few less songs - either way it's absolutely incredible. Just pure eclectic unashamed fun.

They'd (him and his dance troupe) make a great headliner on fun factor, but there probably nowhere near big enough. 

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Tiny crowd though.

Never heard of her either, so amazed she's that high up WH.

Saw the last few songs and she was great. She's pretty big to be fair, I guess if you want to judge it by social media then she has way more followers than bands like Fontaines or Idles. 

8 minutes ago, willgooneday said:

Anyway Pet Shop Boys up with a tough gig following that. 

Considering the alternatives they should have most of the older crowd still left in the field. Kendrick / Bicep / Charli is a hell of a split for the young'uns. 

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Bicep can sod off and Charli plays every festival going every year. Kendrick is where it’s at ❤️

I like both the others but will be checking out the Kenny set and praying he does the career spanning setlist he did in the states not long ago!