BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Of course it's not Bruce's fault that no one knows his songs completely, but I'm not sure if he even play Born in the USA... It's probably his most well known song, esp in the UK, and he didn't even bother to play it.

I’m a big Springsteen fan, but given the context of the song and the inexcusable lyrics it should be no where near any setlist he does (and thankfully isn’t, I’m sure he’s distanced himself from it in interviews)

Just now, Barry Fish said:

I think it's been the worse headliner I have seen...  i think he is being given a pass out by some due to his status and age...

I think it's been fantastic and it's the saddest I've been all week that I'm not there.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I think it's been the worse headliner I have seen...  i think he is being given a pass out by some due to his status and age...

He's deffo not the worst headliner, he's actually kept his crowd. Was someone a few years ago who was barely up to sound desk in the end 

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The problem for these types of headliners which have massively long sets and plenty of prestige, is that they have to grab you from the off. It's a festival, not their private concerts to their die-hard fans. You have to go big early doors, otherwise it's disappointing. 

I remember ditching Radiohead after 20 mins because they bored the socks off me (despite being a big Radiohead fan), and went to see Dizzee Rascal on West Holts and his set was so amazing and energetic, it was one of the best atmospheres I've been a part of during all the time I've been there.

(Not a dig) but completely disagree with you. Front loaded sets are disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I’m a big Springsteen fan, but given the context of the song and the inexcusable lyrics it should be no where near any setlist he does (and thankfully isn’t, I’m sure he’s distanced himself from it in interviews)

I thought it was an anti-war song? Perfect place for it is at Glasto?

I'm not going to pretend to be a huge BS fan and no all the ins and outs of his career, but in general, I think (in my opinion) his headline performance was a wet blanket.

2 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

(Not a dig) but completely disagree with you. Front loaded sets are disappointing. 

I don't mean load too much into the front, but it's a journey. Up and down. Start big, calm it down, go big again. Esp when Macca has missed out so many hits that ppl probably were hoping for. Doubley so when his set was over two hours. 

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Anyway, I'm shattered. Have to get up in 5 hours. Gonna have a quick ham mayo lettuce tabasco sandwich and then carry on like I haven't drunk/typed/watched my life away.

Goodnight all! It's been a pleasure x

Yes, thanks for your company everyone. Been a blast. 

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Say what you like about that first hour - I’m sure plenty of people will - but 37 songs at 2 hours 40 minutes must be the longest Pyramid headline set ever. And he’s 80!! Incredible. Thoroughly enjoyed. If that’s his last major live show then what a wonderful way to go. I’m in bits. 

Bruce's was at least 3 hours in 09.

Either way McCarthey definitely got much better the later he went on in this. Everything after Lady Madonna was pretty good.  I could imagine if you were there it would come across better. 

Edited by willgooneday

13 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

next programme has some Jamie T stuff, so going to find out what the earlier comments were all about. Really do like this BBC coverage

I think Dave must have met Jamie earlier in the day.