BBC Coverage 2022

Cooter

While I thought the song choices for the first hour were not the best, I would have loved to have been in that field for the rest of it.  Didn’t always sound great on tv but in the field it would have been a totally different experience.  Hope all there had a great time, even if those of us here have complained about it.  Thinking that some of my grumpiness about it might be sour grapes.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He was so fucking boring.

Mind you I'd be somewhere else so don't really mind.

I remember dodging him completely that year. Confirmed from friends (who love that kinda music I'd made the right decision) and saw Pendulum/Franz Ferdinand.

At least there was some energy on the Other than night.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He was so fucking boring.

Mind you I'd be somewhere else so don't really mind.

We went to the start, but just couldn't stay, glad to hear our initial feelings were right, big shame, as one of those acts i was looking forward too. The issue with being at Glasto for me is that i have a short window for my attention to be grabbed and if its not i don't want to waste any time, so i'm off somewhere else - the FOMO part! I'm sure i've missed some great sets over the years through this though.

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I remember dodging him completely that year. Confirmed from friends (who love that kinda music I'd made the right decision) and saw Pendulum/Franz Ferdinand.

At least there was some energy on the Other than night.

When can seeing franz ferdinand ever be the right decision 

• Upvote 1

The problem for these types of headliners which have massively long sets and plenty of prestige, is that they have to grab you from the off. It's a festival, not their private concerts to their die-hard fans. You have to go big early doors, otherwise it's disappointing. 

I remember ditching Radiohead after 20 mins because they bored the socks off me (despite being a big Radiohead fan), and went to see Dizzee Rascal on West Holts and his set was so amazing and energetic, it was one of the best atmospheres I've been a part of during all the time I've been there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

We went to the start, but just couldn't stay, glad to hear our initial feelings were right, big shame, as one of those acts i was looking forward too. The issue with being at Glasto for me is that i have a short window for my attention to be grabbed and if its not i don't want to waste any time, so i'm off somewhere else - the FOMO part! I'm sure i've missed some great sets over the years through this though.

I'm far from a fan but I'd been looking forward to it. Worst headliner I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The problem for these types of headliners which have massively long sets and plenty of prestige, is that they have to grab you from the off. It's a festival, not their private concerts to their die-hard fans. You have to go big early doors, otherwise it's disappointing. 

I remember ditching Radiohead after 20 mins because they bored the socks off me (despite being a big Radiohead fan), and went to see Dizzee Rascal on West Holts and his set was so amazing and energetic, it was one of the best atmospheres I've been a part of during all the time I've been there.

Festival and normal shows do need to be different don't they - acts have to target. I saw Crowded house at the RAH in 2007 or 8 and was bored stiff, saw them at Glasto 2008 and loved it, a shorter highlights show worked for me then.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If those are the only Bruce songs someone knows then it isn’t Bruce’s fault!! From memory he played Badlands in the first few songs 

I'd have to question anybody who goes to see a headline act a festival without at least putting on their greatest hits a few times. 

1 minute ago, The other Bellboy said:

Festival and normal shows do need to be different don't they - acts have to target. I saw Crowded house at the RAH in 2007 or 8 and was bored stiff, saw them at Glasto 2008 and loved it, a shorter highlights show worked for me then.

Exactly. They need to recognise that most people are going to be quite indifferent to their general stuff and are there for the hits. If Macca had gone early with some of the songs people were hoping for, and then interlaced with some of his lesser known songs, it would have been a totally different story.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm far from a fan but I'd been looking forward to it. Worst headliner I've ever seen.

oh no, didn't realise is was quite a bad as that! that was a wise choice to move on. For years would always watch the headliner from the left hand side by the tree in the pathway, so if it wasn't a good start, it was easy to move on towards the other stage or somewhere else. Did enjoy that walk when the area's are quiet though, its nice to walk by the bars and food places when 98% of people are at a stage, space and freedom

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

If those are the only Bruce songs someone knows then it isn’t Bruce’s fault!! From memory he played Badlands in the first few songs 

Of course it's not Bruce's fault that no one knows his songs completely, but I'm not sure if he even play Born in the USA... It's probably his most well known song, esp in the UK, and he didn't even bother to play it.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Exactly. They need to recognise that most people are going to be quite indifferent to their general stuff and are there for the hits. If Macca had gone early with some of the songs people were hoping for, and then interlaced with some of his lesser known songs, it would have been a totally different story.

Can't say i've enjoyed the show tonight overall and would be a tough call on if i'd have stayed, probably yes but a close call. I have nothing but admiration for him being able to put on any show at his age and i'm sure there will be rave reviews from people who experienced it from the field. Looking forward to getting some crowd size and feeling info.